Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

You forgot about me :( My surgery is July 18th!

Welcome to our 2 new members, MassMommyRebecca, and blackmajyk!

Here is our updated list:

No date yet: Shauna Deanne, kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca

July 15: Corize, JohnnyBoy

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401

July 22: razzcat

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

just weighed myself and only lost 2 lbs and am on day 5 of pre-op diet, so am feeling discouraged...i guess this just proves to me why i need the band...it's so hard to make the scale move down even when i am trying so hard to stick to this diet!

just weighed myself and only lost 2 lbs and am on day 5 of pre-op diet, so am feeling discouraged...i guess this just proves to me why i need the band...it's so hard to make the scale move down even when i am trying so hard to stick to this diet!

I always find that updating my ticker helps me with not feeling discouraged! Every pound counts!

Amy: YES!! I went and got my pre-op bloodwork done today and got all shaky from pre-op nerves. I've got an appt. with my PCP (also actually a NP--could our experiences be any more alike?!) and am planning on asking her for a few days' worth of Xanax or something.

At least I'm not eating to deal with the nerves!

Wow. The emotions are really intense this morning. Woke up early with a lot of anxiety. I'm not sure that there is a minute that goes by when I'm not thinking about the surgery on Friday. I feel like I could just start crying at the drop of a hat. Anyone else getting super emotional? Deep breath....I can do this!!

Two days to go. Tomorrow they will call me with my surgery time. Last night my husband asked me if I was scared. I said nope! I see this as the light at the end of a long tunnel. Just thinking of being able to shop in a store, being healthy enough to LIVE and enjoy my children and, G-d willing, my grandchildren, that is my new lease on life. I will never make the mistakes my mother made and I will love myself :) I look forward to letting you all know how it went as the pioneer of the group :)

ahassan: ME TOO!!!! I'm sorry your scale isn't moving, but I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one with this experience!

BEST OF LUCK, Nechama L!!!

Two days to go. Tomorrow they will call me with my surgery time. Last night my husband asked me if I was scared. I said nope! I see this as the light at the end of a long tunnel. Just thinking of being able to shop in a store, being healthy enough to LIVE and enjoy my children and, G-d willing, my grandchildren, that is my new lease on life. I will never make the mistakes my mother made and I will love myself :) I look forward to letting you all know how it went as the pioneer of the group :)

my husband asked me the same thing last night, and asked if i was looking forward to it? i am having a hard time talking to him how i want about it and i think he is ackward with his questions about it too...he doesn't have the same kind of weight issues, so he can't relate, and my weight and self esteem issues have definitely contributed to many of our marriage problems...

Welcome to all our new members.

For those getting nervous or having cold feet, I made a list of reasons I'm doing it (and emailed it to my family). This really helps me when I wonder "What the hell am I doing!?". List is:

1. - My health is deteriorating rather quickly due to my weight. I am now pre-diabetic, have sky-high cholesterol and triglycerides, and fatty liver. I want to be around to see my grandkids!

2. - I took my son to Legoland and after 1 hour my feet, knees and ankles were killing me. I was in pain most of the day and couldn't enjoy myself. This has been going on for a decade.

3. - I spend 90% of my day thinking about my weight and how ugly I feel. This affects me in psychological and social ways that are hard to understand if you have never been obese.

4. - After losing 50 lbs. the year before last, I have put 30 lbs back on in the last year, and will probably gain another 30 this year if I don't get this done. This despite working out 4-6 times a week.

5. - This surgery is especially effective for over-eaters like me, who have problems with Portion Control.< /p>

6. - My weight has been a constant struggle for 25 of my 39 years now. It's time for something to change once and for all.

7. - While I could probably lose the weight myself, I'm clearly unable to KEEP it off, which is one of the benefits of the Lap Band. You keep it indefinitely, but is fully reversible if there are any problems.

8. - The surgery is done laproscopically so it is very minimally invasive. It leaves 3-4 tiny incisions.

Here is our updated list. As for me, I'm shooting for July 15 or 22 but haven't heard back yet. I'm still going through some tests this week and everything has to come back clear. I'm a little worried about showing up anemic for the blood tests as the last time I tried to give blood they turned me down for that reason.

No date yet: Shauna Deanne, kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049 (a special welcome to our "senior correspondent" LOL)

June 30: Nechama L (another "senior correspondent")

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, CruiseGirl2011

July 15: Corize, JohnnyBoy

July 18: Colee85

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401

July 22: razzcat

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

Is anyone else setting a firm goal for exercise? I've committed to walking a half-marathon in January and not sure if I can do it or not (according my surgeon I should be at or close to my goal weight by then). I think it's going to help make sure I walk a lot though! I've gone from being able to walk 2 miles a week ago up to 2.7, with less pain. So I am making progress. I think I can get up to the 13 miles, but the course closes after 4 hours so the walking has to be done pretty fast.

Shauna

Don't feel discouraged at all - everyone has a different body. Weight can change from day to day (my doc said that women can change several pounds in a DAY based on where they are in their menstrual cycles). Also, I was eating A LOT before my pre-op diet started (gained two pounds in the week before surgery). I've learned from this forum that we are all so different. Some do great on the pre-op shakes, some hate them and some don't have to drink them at all. LOL.

Amy

Shauna:

I like your goal! My husband is a runner, and one of my long-term goals is to be able to run with him. But I haven't set any definite, firm goals to lead me to that.

But for years, I've wanted to do the Susan Komen 3-day Walk for the Cure.

Your post has inspired me, Shauna.

This year, I'm going to do that three-day walk. It's November 4-6 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

So. Goal set. :D

Is anyone else setting a firm goal for exercise? I've committed to walking a half-marathon in January and not sure if I can do it or not (according my surgeon I should be at or close to my goal weight by then). I think it's going to help make sure I walk a lot though! I've gone from being able to walk 2 miles a week ago up to 2.7, with less pain. So I am making progress. I think I can get up to the 13 miles, but the course closes after 4 hours so the walking has to be done pretty fast.

Shauna

Good luck...we're all in the same boat...let's hope it holds! LOL

I'm scheduled for this Friday (1st)....feeling all the same emotions.

I have silently been reading post for a while and today I can't help but post and introduce myself.... I decided to start posting today because.....

I'm FINALLY SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! July 6th it is! I am so excited and nervous and full of so many emotions I dont know where to start! I had planned surgery July 1 but about a week ago had a glitch in my health insurance and found out that my husband was seperated from the airforce after being on temporary retirement for nearly 5 years! I thought all my planning and excitement and planning was over but he knew how important this was to me and ended up paying for one more quarter of tricare instead of switching to my insurance and after checking with everyone today, the surgery is ON! Things are pushed back a week, (and a few thousand dollars having to pay for insurance out of pocket) but its on the schedule!

SOOOO after thinking it was over, I gave a lot of thought about reaching my goals without surgery and decided in my head its do or die. Im committed 100%.

Failure is not an option! So I know with surgery, I am mentally prepared for this...... but where are these nervous feelings coming from? Anyone else expirencing butterflys?

I look forward to this journey with yall! 8 days and counting.....

Kim

Friday is my date as well. To all of the July 1st people, I'll be thinking of you guys!!!