Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies... My doc actually suggested taco meat made with extra lean ground beef, and that has been one of my favorites.

I'm not allowed noodles, would love some though

I had my surgery on the 10th, doing good so far. I am feeling not tons of restriction, but I know this is a long process. I think my first fill will be june14th. At least that what it seems like they were hinting toward at my last appt. I don't feel much hunger, but I don't feel too full much either. When I get in one of those eating bingey moods it's hard to find something to satisfy my hunger, probably because my hunger is mental. I feel this whole process has been way more mentally challenging than I expected!

How much has everyone lost?

I lost 26 pre op, but gained 9 the one day I was in the hosp... Doesn't make much sense, so I'm not sure how to count it. Then I lost the 9, plus 9.6 more since the 10th, total 35.6

I am just hoping for 10 a month and I'll be happy.

They pump us so full of fluids in the hospital it isn't even funny.

Hey guys! May 18th here. Almost perfect :) still on the crazy liquid diet but start solids next Wednesday. Can't wait!

I had my surgery May 27, 2011. I am sore but not on pain meds since 2:30 this morning. I was able to do a little shopping for a couple of hours. I am having some gas discomfort, but not too bad. I feel 100% better than recovery.

i had my surgery on May 16th. i did not have major gas pain thankfully, but i did have alot of pain around my port site for about 12 days. it has eased up now, no stabbing pain anymore, just a dull ache. i have moved on to mushies and must say they are heaven after weeks of liquids. so far, i have eaten a scrambled egg seasoned with mrs dash and with a little shredded cheddar, mashed potatoes, and egg salad. tomorrow, i'm going to put a little homemade chili in the food processor to mush it down and try that. i am beyond happy with the results i have seen so far. oh, and back to the gas pain...i did have pain yesterday in my shoulders majorly when i went for my first longer walk. a hot shower took care of it though. I wish the best to all of you on this journey!!!!

Hello, I had my surgery on Monday May 23rd 2011 I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm still sore. 14 days of liquids is kinds tough, I can't wait to eat real food even one bite sounds good to me. it sucks because of the holiday weekend and I keep thinking about how much fun everyone is having eating all that potato salad and cheeseburgers hehehe.

You and me both to all of the above!! lol also banded on the 23rd and had to just grin and bare it with everyone doing bbqs. Its because I'm starving I know. This liquid diet is whooping my butt. Got me running all day.But I digress.. lol

we can do this and stay focused.

Good luck to us all!

How is everyone doing? I have my first fill on Friday!!! YEAH!!! I need it really bad, I have been eating way to much thank goodness no wieght gain but only a 3 pound loss in 4 weeks :(

I have only really lost about tens pounds since the surgery. I had my first fill and they told me to call in two weeks if I'm not losing. So it's been eight days and nothing. I do finally feel some restriction, but it's weird, I can feel it with bread, can't tolerate it. But can eat an entire plate full of food that I can tolerate, like a full chicken breast, baked potato and some squash. I feel like I definitely should be losing rapidly, since I work out almost everyday, and I eat significantly less and healthier than before. I have no clue what the problem is. people keep commenting that I look good and I look like I've lost, so that's nice. I do feel a ton better too. I feel more fit and healthier, so yay for that too!

I lost 26 pre op, and then the 10 within two weeks, so I have been at a total stall for at least four weeks, it's so frustrating!!!!

I have only really lost about tens pounds since the surgery. I had my first fill and they told me to call in two weeks if I'm not losing. So it's been eight days and nothing. I do finally feel some restriction, but it's weird, I can feel it with bread, can't tolerate it. But can eat an entire plate full of food that I can tolerate, like a full chicken breast, baked potato and some squash. I feel like I definitely should be losing rapidly, since I work out almost everyday, and I eat significantly less and healthier than before. I have no clue what the problem is. people keep commenting that I look good and I look like I've lost, so that's nice. I do feel a ton better too. I feel more fit and healthier, so yay for that too!

I lost 26 pre op, and then the 10 within two weeks, so I have been at a total stall for at least four weeks, it's so frustrating!!!!

Sounds like we close to the same place. I have lost a total of 12 pounds since surgery 6 weeks ago. I am not complaining as I still see a difference in my clothes. I think the protien is helping the inches come off. I can not get motivated to work out! I still have no energy at all.

It's been a rollercoaster! I am 4 weeks post op - and I have had multiple problems. Pharyngitis, open incision at 3 weeks post op and draining incision sites, had to go on antibiotics, opposite side of abdomen huge hard egg shaped abcess, draining seroma near port, steroid injections for my knees, severe hyperglycemia following steroid injection. occluded stoma - had prime removed in first week. I've not found my doctors office very supportive.

Today, I can eat just about anything - I'm losing much slower and taking in 800 - 1000 calories per day.Experienced severe dehydration due to occluded stoma- it took about a week to begin losing again - I gained 8 pounds when I began to drink fluids. sleeping much better - I think that may be due to caffeine withdrawl- I used to drink 4-6 diet cokes per day - I'm still struggling with what to drink - I am thirsty but nothing tastes good- I need sugar free due to diabetes.

I get my first fill in early July. Right now I am learning to stop eating before I feel full- a challenge - and paying attention while I am eating - i have learned I am very distracted when eating - talking to others, reading, watching TV etc.... it takes effort to pay attention. I did eat a hamburger yesterday - just meat bread and cheese - it was soooo good!

I am trying to get Protein in so my wounds will heal- find the easiest thing to eat is mashed potatoes, bacon, eggs, chicken salad.

My clothes are much looser - i've gone down 2 sizes in pants and shirts.

My surgery was May 23rd. Recovery was as expected. In 2 weeks, I was back to normal and back to work. The liquid diet was easier than I thought it would be. I moved to the second phase of the diet after 10 days...soft/pureed foods. Thank goodness for pudding and unflavored Protein powders. My first fill is July 5th. My weight loss sure is an incentive to stay within the diet parameters. 25 pre-op and 16 post-op! I am so pleased with the results!

I am really appreciative of these forums. It helps me to realize my experiences are normal.

Had my surgery May 11th also, down 21lbs, feeling great, not much restriction can eat anything I want just not as much as before but still quiet a bit. Had my first fill June 6th, 4cc, can't tell any different than I did before. Stay full a little longer. Good luck to ya and pray it all works out for us all.

How is everyone doing now that we are almost 6 months out of surgery? I am down nearly 50 lbs and have 7.4cc's in my band. Had my 4th fill today!