Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Protein Shake, HELP!!!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/iso.html

That's what I use and swear by. It's a little pricier than most Protein out there, but the taste makes it worth it. If you're actually going to continue to exercise and get your Protein, taste is a pretty big factor. I mix mine with milk and a very small amount of dextrose.

As you can see, it really depends on what you like. You really need to try several and find one you like. Personally, I like Isopure from GNC (chocolate and vanilla, not the fruit flavors). It is lactose free and has 25g Protein per scoop. I drink it every morning for Breakfast.< /p>

Slimfast low carb has 20 grams of Protein and taste pretty good. (i use the chocolate). I pay $30 for 24 cans.

I agree about the Muscle Milk light in chocolate.... yuck!

I use MUSCLE MILK LIGHT: Cookies n Creme, chocolate Milk, Chocolate Peanut Butter, strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Creme.

These I always keep in the house in case I want a change. (DO NOT BUY THERE CHOCOLATE ! IT'S LOUSEY).

These are all available on ebay, just shop around.

That's for a White Jug full.

Aloha,

The Protein shake that I came across was the same as SarahLW. It is Shakeology, we use the

Chocoalte one. Not too big of a fan of their othe flavor greenberry. It helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients the body needs.

My husband lost 30 lbs on it (no lap band). For him it was a big transformation because he is in the military and cannot afford to be overweight or not pass his PT (Physical fitness test). Being that his father has diabetes he likes to watch for the glycemic index. This product is certified as having a low glycemic index. We got his father on it too so it would curve his sugar cravings, lol.

The Shakeology site is below. It gives you plenty of info, along with Doctor's testimonials.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/GreatBodyMiami

Take Care!

Brenda

I use MUSCLE MILK LIGHT: Cookies n Creme, chocolate Milk, Chocolate Peanut Butter, strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Creme.

These I always keep in the house in case I want a change. (DO NOT BUY THERE CHOCOLATE ! IT'S LOUSEY).

These are all available on the Internet, just shop around.

That's for a White Jug full.

Price $18.95 a 1.65lb jug of flavored powder, $5.99 for shipping 1 or 101 jugs price is $5.99 to ship.

195 cal., 25 G Of Protein to a 8 ounce shake.< /p>

There are quite a few Protein powder threads on this forum. Check out the food and Nutrition section and also some of the older pages in this section.

I use Optimum Nutrition 100% whey Gold Standard. It has 24 grams of Protein, 130 calories, and 4 grams of carbs. Both body-builders and people taking protein powders for weight-loss speak well of ON 100% whey on various forums. I have the "Mocha Cappuchino" flavour and it tastes like chocolate milk if you use it with milk. This flavour is one of the most popular flavours of ON powders. The other top flavours are "Double Rich Chocolate" and "Delicious strawberry." Many people also like "Tropical Punch." I'd suggest that you stay away from "Cookies and Cream" though; while some people absolutely love it, most people say it's horrible. When I need to keep my calories low, I use half a cup of milk, half a cup of Water and ice, and 1.5 scoops of the Protein Powder to make it thicker and stronger in flavour. Otherwise, I just use one cup of milk and 1 scoop. It doesn't taste bad with Water only, but I'm particular about taste. It mixes well with just a spoon (I never have to bother with a shaker or blender) and it's pretty much my snack at times. I've tried other whey protein powders before and while they all weren't bad, they had a bit of a weird after-taste. Some people don't care about taste though.

The good thing about whey isolate is that it digests quickly, which means that it's used by your body sooner, it's a good after-workout shake, and it causes less bloating. Also, whey isolate has an excellent amino acid composition. For ON 100% Whey, the ingredients list is simple and it doesn't come with a lot of the unnecessary filler that some other powders contain. A 5 lb container costs about 80 dollars and a 10 lb container costs 130 dollars. It may be expensive, but you don't want to go cheap on your Protein Powder unless it's still a good one. Hopefully, someone can point you to a similarly healthy and tasty protein powder at a lower cost or maybe you can look out for this brand when it's on sale. Good luck!

EDIT: One of the reasons that ON is more expensive than others is because it is made of 100% whey isolate. If you would like a cheaper whey powder, look for whey concentrate/blend. They aren't usually as high quality as whey isolate and they digest slower, but they also have the benefit of being thicker and keeping you full longer. I also just read that you can find 10lb ON on ebay for $70 instead of $130!

I agree with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey protein powder. That's what I use in the "Double Rich Chocolate" flavor. I mix that with skim milk, 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter, and 1/2 banana. It's amazing. It takes like a milkshake and completely satisfies my sweet tooth for the entire day. When I first got banded, I bought the powder. I thought it was a pain in the ass to blend up ice cubes from actual whole cubes, so I never used it. A couple months before it expired I decided to try it again, but pouring it over ice instead. I blend up the ingredients and then pour it into a cup of ice. Completely works for me and I love it.

The total calories is just under 400 (for powder, milk, Peanut Butter, and banana), but Breakfast is an important meal and I don't have any problems with that amount.

I like Premier that I get at costco. It has 30 g Protein, 1 g sugar, and 160 cal. It is really filling. It comes in a case of 18 servings for around $23. You can also get it on line at Amazon or the Premier site, but it is $10 more than at costco.< /p>

I need to know what are some of the best Protein shakes, to keep weight loss going!!!!!, the ones that really work!!! What kind is best for you and, how many grams of Protein, and price avg. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my surgery on the 27th of July. I am using Herbalife (in which I have already lost 150 lbs with). I was 500 lbs made it down to 350 started gaining and realized I needed another tool to help me continue to my goal. Here is the link for the protien drink: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shopherbalife.com%2Fhealth2000&h=qAQBBdIYJ

I have my surgery on the 27th of July. I am using Herbalife (in which I have already lost 150 lbs with). I was 500 lbs made it down to 350 started gaining and realized I needed another tool to help me continue to my goal. Here is the link for the protien drink: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shopherbalife.com%2Fhealth2000&h=qAQBBdIYJ

Tabby,

I found a comparison of Herbalife and the drink my husband used to lose weight; Shakeology. This drink/nutritional supplement is made by the same company that made the workouts P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, Body Gospel, etc...they are everywhere, lol.

Ingredient Comparison: Herbalife and Shakeology

Herbalife – made with antioxidant Vitamins C and E as part of over 20 Vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, Herbalife offers a healthy meal in a glass. Along with 9 grams of Protein and Fiber per serving, Herbalife contains Aminogen® and bromelain and papain, all known to support the digestion of Protein to make sure your body puts those 9 grams of protein per serving to use! Herbalife offers a variety of different flavors so you can choose your favorites or keep a variety of Meal Replacement shakes on hand for a more interesting menu. Choose from vanilla, chocolate, berry, fruit, coffee and others.

Shakeology – features ingredients from all over the world and more than 70 whole food ingredients per serving. The vitamins and minerals in every serving are absorbed by your body at optimum levels due to the phytonutrients, prebiotics and digestive enzymes in every serving, too. Shakeology comes in two primary flavors of greenberry and chocolate.< /p>

Nutrition Fact Comparison

To really understand what you’re putting in your body, you should always look at the nutrition label. When considering one product over another, it’s a good idea to compare each of the nutrients with the same nutrient from the product you’re comparing. If considering weight loss products like Herbalife and Shakeology, here are the most important nutrition facts to compare (these are for product only and do not include the milk or soy milk you may use to create your shake):

Calories:

Shakeology: 140

Herbalife: 90

Cholesterol:

Shakeology: 15mg

Herbalife: 0

Sodium:

Shakeology: 100mg

Herbalife: 140mg

Carbohydrates/ Fiber:

Shakeology: 3g

Herbalife: 3g

Carbohydrates/Sugar:

Shakeology: 9g

Herbalife: 9g

Protein:

Shakeology: 17g (15g being whey isolate protein)

Herbalife: 9g

Shakeology or Herbalife

Based on nutrient facts, if you have problems with cholesterol, you may be better off choosing Herbalife as a Meal Replacement shake, since it offers a shake that is cholesterol-free. On the other hand, protein is an essential ingredient for successful weight loss, and Shakeology has larger amounts of protein per serving in addition to amino acids and enzymes which help your body absorb as much protein as possible. Shakeology is a product which can be used long after you reach your weight loss goals, as a daily nutritional supplement to ensure you are receiving all of the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs to remain as healthy as possible, so some people decide using Shakeology as a meal replacement shake during weight loss and then continuing it as a daily supplement is a good way to reach health goals.

Hope the comparison helped. The average price of Shakeology is $119 with free shipping compared to Herbalife which I believe is $90. Shakeology has no artificial or synthetic ingredients and has whey isolate protein vs Herbalife doesn't. It's like having 70 whole foods and vegetables in one serving with the difference that it tastes like a chocolate shake. With Shakeology you can get free shipping if you get home direct. You also get 2 free gifts. What we liked about the gifts was that they weren't dollar store freebies. The first gift was one of their $30 workout videos. It helped my hubby start working on his goals right away. Here is the link so you can read up more on Shakeology www.myshakeology.com/greatbodymiami

The company also provides those who wants to lose weight with a free online membership for a personal coach (like myself) for guidance and support, a profile page, workout page where you can log in your workouts (this serves as a great accountability partner, cause you can see on a calendar view the times you were proactive), you can win prizes for logging in your workouts (haven't won anything yet although I know someone who has won twice already...share the wealth people!), you will also get free access to message boards and chatrooms to help you find new friends and workout partners, and get advice and support from the entire community. Here is the link for that: www.beachbodycoach.com/greatbodymiami

Hope this helped all!! :)

~Brenda

Agree completely. I have one every morning because I am too tight in the morning for real food, I'm not a breakfast person, and I'm way too lazy to do the blender thing! They usually have the chocolate at costco but I order the vanilla and the strawberry for variety. Yes its $10 more plus shipping for the case of 18 but I think its well worth it. One time I got a mail order case that was clumpy and I complained and they sent me two cases free! I think I will be using these for the rest of my life because 30 grams is such a good start to the day!

I like Premier that I get at costco. It has 30 g Protein, 1 g sugar, and 160 cal. It is really filling. It comes in a case of 18 servings for around $23. You can also get it on line at Amazon or the Premier site, but it is $10 more than at Costco.

Syntrax Nectars. come in various fruit flavors.. I mix with appropriate flavor of crystal lite, 1/2 cup of some kind of fruit & some ice. Syntrax will send you samples for 1.00/flavor. www.si03.com

90 to 100 calories, 23 grams Protein, 0 carbs per scoop. Whey Protein Isolate. My surgeon prefers us to get our protein from "real food", but if we're too tight in the am to eat or we need liquid after a fill, etc. This is the brand he recommends.

It can also be mixed into plain yogurt or even eaten straight like a pixie stick. Roadside Lemonade is very good and so is the new flavor Pink Grapefruit. Fuzzy Navel is excellent. I don't think they have a flavor I have disliked.

I use 1/2 scoop in some crystal lite or Powerade zero after my weight lifting or bootcamp to help restore the muscles I just got through stressing.

sorry bout the double post... darn computer.