Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Also remember everyone that it's normal to have daily fluxuations in weight...for everyone, banded or not. My weight is up 1.4 pounds today but I never adjust my ticker because I know it's not me actually gaining fat back...but probably from indulging at dinner last night with my mom and now holding onto Water weight. (we went out to an awesome steak house and even though I was careful and only got thru 2 ounces of steak, green Beans, a few sweet potato fries and 2 smal pieces of fried zucchini I know it was an indulgence) Before being banded this would have really bothered me and even caused me to fall off the diet wagon but I'm trying really hard to ignore these fluxuations now and not let them get me down. It's sure not easy.

Spouses/sig others. My psychologist warned me that things can get tense. They might feel jealousy over our success, or even some anger over our "splurging" on "elective" surgery even though we all know this elective surgery is in our best health interests. They might become insecure as our bodies change and fear we'll leave them for someone else or that others may take notice of us. And that fear may show as anger toward us. Even in the most stable of relationships. My husband told me he'd be ok with me doing this surgery, but 'I know deep down he has a fear of being cheated on or left (even though I've never give him reason for these feelings). He's assured me that my body is perfect as-is in his eyes and he'd be ok with the surgery but doesn't think I need it. He's expressed his fears over my changing body (mostly what if I lose my bust lol..hey I appreciated the honesty). The other morning I told him I've lost 25 pounds. He said "thank you" then realized what he had said and changed it to "I mean good job." It did leave me wondering though if he really would prefer me skinny. I know he loves me like I am, but maybe he would prefer a skinny wife. It just left me feeling a little sad that maybe all these years I haven't truly lived up to his physical expectations despite what he's always told me.

Thanks for the insight Marcy-I think I need to start going to my therapist again-somehow just talking to someone who doesn't have an attachment makes things better. Thanks again.

I think that sounds like a great idea. I really like dmy psychologist but she isn;t covered by my insurance. If things get rough for me down the road I might pay out of pocket (but it's $250 a visit) or see someone on our plan...she did say she's happy to talk to BOTH of us if we ever feel it necessary. She's also banded. Also, are you going to support groups? I haven't yet but know I need to. Life is just so hectic between work and 3 kids...but I do need to go.

Remember this group too...it's not the same as in person but hopefully we can all lean on each other. I know just knowing I'm not alone helps me.

Speaking of uppers...before being banded a woman at work who was banded then switched to bypass made me feel really bad about going baand vs bypass. She commented on my Facebook page "way to go girl" on my 20+ pound loss., It made me feel so good. Soemtimes it's the little things.

Hey all!!! Happy Monday (ugh not really). Hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to physic this weekend and she told me I'd be married within 4 years and I'm going to meet him at a support group meeting. I found it entertaining! I can't wait for my fill next week, little nervous about it but I know I need it! I had a cookie on Thursday and a brownie and a half on Saturday (not good!!!). April 27th needs to get here quickly. I'm also looking forward to my vacation to Disney, that needs to get here as well. I'm still a little nervous about fitting into roller coasters, the last time I tried to get on one it was embarrassing :-/

Anyway, hope all is well all around!!!

elizabeth: we flew to hawaii last November. On the return flight, the flight attendant appraoched me as I was putting my overhead bags in the cabinets and arranging the seats for my kids and said "excuse me miss do you need this?" I look at her like "what the heck?" I thought I had dropped something. She was holding (discreetly) a seatbelt extension. I was MORTIFIED. I actually was able to buckle the belt without it, but have had some seat planes & belts that would not reach. At least she was discreet, but having any attention drawn to my weight really embarasses me.

when is your Disney trip? CA or FL?

My first follow-up and fill will be on Friday 22nd. Can you other March 2011 explain what your 1st experience was like. I was banded on 3/16 thanks!

I had my first follow up visit few weeks back...they just did my weight, looked at my incisions, and asked me how things were going. My first fill was last Wednesday. The fill wasn't at all painful. She said my chest may feel odd for a second, like going over a bump in a car, but I didn't feel much of anything. The doc did feel my port cause the night before I popped a stitch.

Hi Everyone, I am also a March bandster. I was banded on March 1st. I did have a hard time with the liquid diets but my Dr was very understanding and didnt scold me smile.gif Anyways, I have had 2 fills and no problems. However I havent seen great weight loss I guess I'm expecting for it to fall off. I do feel better in that I am more active and eating less. I have lost inches though since my clothes are getting baggy. My Dr said the inches and weight on the scale will eventually catch each other. I've only lost 16 lbs. In one hand I'm excited because when I've attempted dieting before I never lost that much but on the other hand I think I should have lost more already.

Starting to get frustrated.........

Words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Completely not band related...but my 3 yo cracked my 6 yo's head open tonight. :( It's a tiny skin wound, plus a goose-egg, and it's oozing. No signs of a skull fracture or neurological issues but I'm pretty upset about it. Since it's oozing, as a nurse, of course I fear the worse (cerebrospinal Fluid leaking) even though I'm sure it's just having problems clotting since I used neosporin on it. I hate it when crap like this happens.

elizabeth: we flew to hawaii last November. On the return flight, the flight attendant appraoched me as I was putting my overhead bags in the cabinets and arranging the seats for my kids and said "excuse me miss do you need this?" I look at her like "what the heck?" I thought I had dropped something. She was holding (discreetly) a seatbelt extension. I was MORTIFIED. I actually was able to buckle the belt without it, but have had some seat planes & belts that would not reach. At least she was discreet, but having any attention drawn to my weight really embarasses me.

when is your Disney trip? CA or FL?

I was always scared that I'd be asked to wear a seat belt extension while traveling but thankfully I was always able to buckle up and no one ever asked me. I know the feeling though and it's pretty much a self esteem killer (not that I have any of that anyway). My trip to Disney is Florida, really excited!!

:) Hello all! Hopefully you are having a great week. I am happy. I got on the scale this am (after being away all weekend on a road trip) and have actually lost the weight (except for 1lb) that I had re-gained. I feel better. I am thinking that it may have been Water weight. Hopefully the weight will continue coming off little by little, especially with out getting a fill. Sounds like everyone is doing a good job! Keep up the good work! :):)

Well, I had my first fill yesterday and it was NO BIG DEAL!!! I finally figured out why I was so unnerved... everyone kept telling me it was like getting blood drawn... well, it's a HUGE ordeal when I get blood drawn--numerous pokes, often having to call the ICU/NICU nurses to find a vein, start an IV, etc. So... I guess I was relating that feeling with my fills---it was NOTHING like having my blood drawn (thank God)!!! According to my physican's PA, I'm "right on track" with my weight loss and my fill was simply because I've been getting hungry 2-3 hours after eating. She said the fills should help me not get hungry until 4-5 hours after eating. Well... I haven't had my stomach growl ALL day!! I've also been released to exercise in any way I want, except for my abdominal muscles... I've got another 6-8 weeks before I can start ab ripping. Yippee! I'm not supposed to lose more than 2 lbs per week and I was getting discouraged before my fill, but now I'm reminding myself that I didn't get fat overnight, so I won't be getting skinny overnight either! Now I find that I'm getting excited about my 6 month blood work check up---I can't wait to see what's happened to my cholesterol. On another note, I had ordered Multivitamins and Calcium from Celebrate Vitamins... worked okay until my fill... Now won't go down. I called them and they've sent me samples of chewables and I sent my unopened bottles back and they are giving me credit to order new vitamins! Okay... I've rambled enough... I'm just a bit refreshed in my excitement!

I am super depressed after reading all of these posts. I have regained a few pounds of the weight that I had lost and my surgeon isn't the least bit interested in giving me a fill anytime soon.. I was banded on 3/10/11 and went back for my post op on 4/12. I was certain I was going to get filled. Nope!! Said it was too early. He started to say that he would see me back in 3 months for a follow up, but

then saw the horrid look on my face about the follow up

being so far away. He changed his mind and said I could

come back in 4 weeks and we would talk about a fill then.

Has anyone else been delayed from getting a fill?

Hey,

I live 3 hours away from my surgeon, so when I came back

for my post-op at 2weeks I got my first fill.

I don't think it was very much, but since I lived so far away he did one for me.

Note that it was discussed before my surgery. I had to be able to eat solids & be well on my way before he would do

it. Luckily I was good to go for my fill.

Also, you have to think not all doctors are the same. Those

with more experience might do fills sooner than those with

less knowledge due to time with the device. Your doctor know you inside & out might want to go slow to make sure you are healed all the way. Hang in there! & Good Luck!!!

Went for my first fill today was down three lbs. from last visit. I was banded on 3/10/11 down a total of 23 lbs. I go back 5/25/11 for next fill. Found out i have a standard band (that is 10 cc) when they did the surgery they filled my band with 2.5 cc added another 2.5 today so far so good.