Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to those who have gotten such fills!!! I have my first one on the 27th, can't wait! Happy Friday all.

Lost another half a pound overnight, woot! I did well last night at our bible study group (we potluck every Thursday)...the hostess made chicken enchiladas and this yummmmy corn cake stuff, but ll very fattening. I kept my portions well in check. :-)

Now I must go deal with a kitten who I suspect is hallucinating. :rolleyes: She's a spaz and always jumping at the walls and stuff when nothing is there.

OK! So …, Got my first fill last friday, since than have been felling pretty empty… It fells almost like they took liquid out instead of put it in! Which is not true, she put it 2cc so I have a total of 4cc now!

So I call them and I'm coming back next wednesday and see what's really going on, the nurse said it could be that my stomach was still swollen and now it's not!! huh.gif

I don't know, but it's frustrating!

dry.gif

Gika I hope they get it figured out!! They told me to schedule my 2nd fill for only 2 weeks later...an I can already tell I need more (but maybe not much more). The 1 cc they added has for sure helped but I could use a smidge more to keep me feeling full longer. I'm fairly pleased with the amount I'm eating at a sitting (about a cup to cup and a half depending on what it is)

Well, with my fill I had a pretty good day. My eggs with onion and ham (about 20g Protein and under 200 cal) kept me full for 4 hours. For lunch I had greek yogurt and granola, which lasted about 2 1/2. I just ate the topping off a piece of pizza and half a side salad and am way too full. I plan to not eat anything else today except maybe some hot tea.

Is anyone having a lot of belching going on? It amazes me sometimes that I can belch this much...like a neverending burp pit. :o

I was banded on 3/22 & first fill 4/4. Had hiatal hernia repair done along with the band. The hernia repair caused more pain during recovery than the band. Start weight was 241 & now I am @ 222.

I traveled 3 hours away from home to get the band b/c I wanted a excellent doctor. The only thing is there are no support groups in my area. I am coming to grips that I am food addict. The first week without real food had me going through withdrawals. It was not pretty. I am surviving & will make it, but it is a long way to overcoming years of bad choices.

I love being on the go all the time, so the fatigue had me bummed out in the beginning. I am doing more now & moving ahead. Yet, there is always a price for doing too much to fast. Last night at a little league ball game I had a very tall & big teenager run over me & knock me to the ground. So today, I have been taken it easy. I am sore from the whole thing.

To let y'all know, I am new to this! I hope to make some life long friends here! God Bless each of you!

Hello,

I was banded on 3/10/11. The first 18 days I lost 8lbs. However, I was on Clear liquids x 1 week, then full liquids x 1 week. On the 27th I was told to go to normal food, but start out with soft things. I am watching what I eat and following the rules of no drinking 60-90 minutes before/after food. (That is hard, but doing it) I have gained back 4 of those 8lbs. With this said, I have lost inches. My clothes are fitting better. I went back for another post op 3 days ago and my surgeon said I am doing well. He said in the beginning he would rather see me loose inches and the weight loss doesn't always show on the scale. I was hoping to get a fill, but he doesn't seem like he has any plans on doing that anytime soon. I understand your frustration!! Even though he says I am doing well, I don't feel like I am. He did say I could start light exercising again and that would help! Try to hang in there! Hopefully we will both start to see a loss soon!

Hello All-

I was banded March 17th and am super frustrated. I have not lost one pound! I feel great otherwise. I had my port put threw my belly button and have had no pain from it. I only did liquids for a week and then went mushies. My doc said it was fine. I've tested a few bites of things here and there. bread is a definite no-no for me. I can tell my food content has been cut drastically. I only eat about a quarter of what I use to, but no weight loss yet.

Has anyone else had a slow start?

Thanks guys!!

I had a NSV yesterday too. Went to see a movie and fit in the seat :lol: It was still snug, but I was in the same theater about 6-8 weeks ago and it was a BAD fit then...had to really wriggle to get sitauted. Yesterday I could sit down from a normal standing position and not have to squish my butt into it. It felt so good!!!

Way to go girl!!!! You are doing so well!!! I get my first fill on the 20th,,, hope I am doing as well with my weight as you are.!!!!!

Thanks guys!!

I had a NSV yesterday too. Went to see a movie and fit in the seat :lol: It was still snug, but I was in the same theater about 6-8 weeks ago and it was a BAD fit then...had to really wriggle to get sitauted. Yesterday I could sit down from a normal standing position and not have to squish my butt into it. It felt so good!!!

I pick up my boys every day after school, on Friday I saw one of the other moms that I had not seen in several months. She said that she thought that she saw me the other day but wasn't really sure until she asked someone else. She then had to tell me "saw you from the back and had to do a double take-looking good girl" boy did that make my day. The scale has not budged all week, but did wear a pair of summery pants for the kids Easter party at school that were an 18 vs a 20 just a few months ago. Happy Dance!!

I am super depressed after reading all of these posts. I have regained a few pounds of the weight that I had lost and my surgeon isn't the least bit interested in giving me a fill anytime soon.. I was banded on 3/10/11 and went back for my post op on 4/12. I was certain I was going to get filled. Nope!! Said it was too early. He started to say that he would see me back in 3 months for a follow up, but then saw the horrid look on my face about the follow up being so far away. He changed his mind and said I could come back in 4 weeks and we would talk about a fill then. Has anyone else been delayed from getting a fill?

Dutchee-The scale hasn't changed for the better in over a week, actually up half a pound. So, you are not alone. I don't go back to the doctor till the first week in May for the decision of a fill.

I printed off some charts from online to track my Protein, calories and Water. I know the past several days that I have definately not had enough Water, and the DH has been stressing me out.

He moved all of his exercise equipment into the dining room. Granted we use it as an extension of our living room, there is no table in it. I had asked over a year ago to have the treadmill moved upstairs, I have a hard time going up and down stairs without getting dizzy (have had several neck surgeries) and he never moved it for me. Now he is throwing it in my face that "you got to have the surg you wanted" and he is going to get the exercise to loose the weight he needs to. We have been together for the past 15 years, so it is not like he has not seen me try over and over again to loose weight. Sorry for the vent everyone, I just have wanted to cry constantly the last few days, still watching what I am eating though. I am so thankful for this message board to be a line of communication. Have a great day everyone!!