Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I was banded 3-31. Everything has been great, not too much gas, I walked walked walked. I'm on full liquids now and have 2 Protein Shakes some sf popsicles and broth or Soup each day. At first after surgery I wasn't hungry and the Water would make me feel full. But not anymore! Today I was able to drink an entire can (plus 1 can 2% milk) Tomato Soup and didn't feel like I thought I should feel. That's A LOT of liquids! I thought I would of felt full as a tick! Instead I felt like my self pre-band. Is something wrong????

Well I had my surgery done one week ago today!!! Down 4 pounds since before the surg!!! Here is my question of the day: Everytime I sneeze or take a really deep breath I am having a sharp shooting pain on my lower left side below my incisions. I am not a whimp by any means but boy oh boy does it hurt. Anyone else having a similar problem??

Well I had my surgery done one week ago today!!! Down 4 pounds since before the surg!!! Here is my question of the day: Everytime I sneeze or take a really deep breath I am having a sharp shooting pain on my lower left side below my incisions. I am not a whimp by any means but boy oh boy does it hurt. Anyone else having a similar problem??

I did until about 3 weeks out. When I asked my surgeon about it he said it was due to the muscles healing/attaching to my port. I would get the sharp pains when I bent over. Once your ab muscles adjust to the port the pain should go away.

Happy 1 week anniversary!

Hi all! I was banded 3-31. Everything has been great, not too much gas, I walked walked walked. I'm on full liquids now and have 2 Protein shakes some sf popsicles and broth or Soup each day. At first after surgery I wasn't hungry and the Water would make me feel full. But not anymore! Today I was able to drink an entire can (plus 1 can 2% milk) Tomato Soup and didn't feel like I thought I should feel. That's A LOT of liquids! I thought I would of felt full as a tick! Instead I felt like my self pre-band. Is something wrong????

No, nothing is wrong. Your stomach swelling from the placement of the band has probably gone down taking away that initial restriction. Welcome to "Bandster Hell" as I have heard it called and am now living. I am 4 weeks out and if I didn't have the scars to prove it I wouldn't think I have a band. Now until your first fill, you may little restriction and have to be very diligent about your eating.

My "coaches" I have found on here tell me it gets better with each fill! :)

Good Luck and keep us posted on your recovery.

i was banded 3.25.11. I'm still having gas pain. i do find that walking helps or changing positions.

Thanks so much for the info. I see the dr. tomarrow.

I did until about 3 weeks out. When I asked my surgeon about it he said it was due to the muscles healing/attaching to my port. I would get the sharp pains when I bent over. Once your ab muscles adjust to the port the pain should go away.

Happy 1 week anniversary!

I was banded 3/17/11 and am down 24 lbs since starting my pre-op diet on 3/14/11. I am still hesitant to eat anything that has not been run thru a blender first. Like last nite for dinner was pureed chicken mixed in with Mushroom Soup. My normal day consists of a Protein Shake in the morning, oatmeal (w/ water) as mid-morning snack, and ensure for lunch, an applesauce and pudding for afternoon snack, and the dinner which may be the chicken w/ mushroom soup or mashed potaoes mixed in with baby food meat......I usually have another pudding for desert......I'm not starving, and I don't really get the chance to be hungry since I am eatting every few hours,,,,,but I do miss that FULL feeling.

I am terrified of having a "stuck" episode and therefore dont even really want to move onto the next phase yet. I know I eventaully have to but I am still hesitant.

As for fluids, I drink ALOT. I TRY not to gulp down my Crystal lite or gatorade like I used to and dont drink as much as I used to, but my body gets dehydrated quickly. I have yet to feel full from drinking fluids, and I have read that fluids slide right throiugh the band. I wasn't really worried about stretching my piuch because of that.....hope I'm right lol....

Heyyy everyone!!! It's been such a hectic week, is it Friday yet?!?! I am exhausted. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing good, still stuck at my weight, it hasn't changed it about a week. I was hoping to lose about 10 more pounds before I go away in early May. I go for my first fill on April 27th. I'm actually nervous about this because a little more than a week later I'm going to Disney and I REALLLY don't want to have my first stuck or sick moment there. Hoping that by a week later it won't be as tight! Anyway, I'm getting sick of mushy's but I'm nervous to start solids, one more week. Ok I'm rambling. Talk to you guys soon!

I also have 3 incisions...4 are abotu half an inch and the biggest is near my port. That's pretty typical. They have to make the one near the port the biggest to secure the port to the abdominal muscles. The shorter ones are all from punctures for the laparoscopic tools.

Tough day here...hormones makign me want to binge. PMS sucks.

Im right there with ya, im a

pms nightmare, im not een hungry, but i have the erge to eat, !!! I hate it =(

I've found you guys ... lol ! I noticed others on here that are having the same issues as me. I was banded on 3/25. Im always hungry the last few days. Nothing is keeping me full. So I ate half of a whole grain bagel AND NOTHING happend. I felt no pressure ,tightness. No discomfort at all. anyone with any ideas let me know

hi i was banded on the 7 march 2011 i have a 7cc band with no fill as yet i was wondering if any1 is having a problem with portions im pretty much able to eat anything except bread with out problems i have a big problem with drinking small amounts of fluids im a gulper and small sips just dosent quench my first, can i do any damage by drinking lots im not sure, i have lost 8 kg since my op and due to induction of normal foods no weight loss this wk . im not eating no where near the amount i was eating before and a lot more healthier but i dont ever feel full i stop myself wen i think ive had enough an its very hard to tell if ive eatern too much ive not had no pain except from bread an have recovered very well im just a bit worried that im doing this all wrong i dont want to streatch my pouch or cause any damage to my band thanx for reading my post and any answers to my concerns would be very appreciated xx

HI, Im also having the same issue, well I guess it's not issue that we can eat...lol ! But I thought I would still be feeling full after my shakes but Im not. So I tried a piece of bagel and nothing happend ! Then yesteday I hate half of banana and agin nothing. I dont get my first fill till April 23rd. Im kind of confused right now.

Banded 16/3/11. BMI before pre-op diet was 40. BMI now 35.6. Weightloss to date 10.5 kilos.

I have a seroma which is painful but will go naturally I am told. It is Fluid in a pocket formed when the surgeon cut into the muscle area to fix in my port. It is the size of a tennis ball and looks awful but there is no infection.

My eating has been ok but I still like a drink of wine, though it takes all night to get through one small glass, which is good.

I am craving bread and pastries - tried half a savoury scone yesterday and was crippled by excruciating pain from indigestion, like knives in my back and buckled over.

I will be glad when things settle down with regards to the surgical side so that the pain lessens.

I haven't lost anything this week, because I have been extremely inactive with pain. Trying to go to the gym now though - I reckon increased exercise will either increase the fluid in the seroma or help it to dissipate through my body so I need to conduct a little experiment and see what the results are.....

I'm with you!! I lost 16 lb. in the first two weeks, I'm a month and 4 days post op, and haven't lost anything sense my first doc visit!! It's so frustrating, But tomorrow I'm having my first fill, and they say that's REALLY when you start to lose it!!

Don't let it get to you, it Will come off… be patient!!

Hello All-

I was banded March 17th and am super frustrated. I have not lost one pound! I feel great otherwise. I had my port put threw my belly button and have had no pain from it. I only did liquids for a week and then went mushies. My doc said it was fine. I've tested a few bites of things here and there. bread is a definite no-no for me. I can tell my food content has been cut drastically. I only eat about a quarter of what I use to, but no weight loss yet.

Has anyone else had a slow start?

Hey Hey everyone!!! I havent been on here in a while been busy with school stuff! But I just wanted to say Hey! and I hope everyone is doing good and having great success! I am feeling about 95% myself again! I only have an issue with sitting straight up in a chair like in class when I move it feels like my incisions are going bust open inside my tummy! its a weird feeling but getting better everyday! I have lost a total of 16lbs so far and couldnt be happier! this is the best decision that I think I could have made! I have started working out a little and speed walking everyday every other day! and it feels great! I am not really hungry and when I do eat it doesnt take much to feel me up... I am on mushies but I have kinda been eating stuff thats not really mushies... nothing bad just tired of mushy stuff... but I just chew the hell out of it and its all good! I am so excited to be on this journey and I cant wait to see where it will take me!!! O and I can fit into my 18's again!! they are a little snug but they button !! Well anyways I just wanted to update everyone and tell you all keep up the good work!

I was banded on the 18th, I loss 27lb so far, but I can eat anything with no problem sometimes I feel like I don't have a band, which really have me concern... I don't eat a lot of food. Am I doing something wrong?