Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All-

I was banded March 17th and am super frustrated. I have not lost one pound! I feel great otherwise. I had my port put threw my belly button and have had no pain from it. I only did liquids for a week and then went mushies. My doc said it was fine. I've tested a few bites of things here and there. bread is a definite no-no for me. I can tell my food content has been cut drastically. I only eat about a quarter of what I use to, but no weight loss yet.

Has anyone else had a slow start?

I was banded on March 7th. Was supposed to do 2 weeks clear, 2 weeks full liquids and then mushies, but after 1 week went to mushy without a problem. I was so hungry and felt no restriction. (no fill until April 12)This past week I have eaten anything I wanted just ate small portions and chewed well. I lost 20lbs within the first 10 days but since I added real food 4 lbs came back. Not discouraged because I eat soooo much less than I ever have.

When I read about how well you all are sticking to the rules and not cheating I am kind of ashamed of myself. Am I really the only one who couldn't hold out 4 lousy weeks? :unsure:

I'm not overeating, B) But I should have waited..

Hello, I was banded on March 29 / 4 days ago now. I have had huge problem with gas and have been walking for 30 at the most since the day after surgery. I am still very hungry because i have only been drinking Protein shakes, chicken broth, and sugar free Jello. I have 1 week and 3 days left on the liquid that i started 3 weeks before surgery, then i can go to soft/pureed foods. I can't wait. My stomach has been swollen and the port has been a little painful as well. Oh, and they removed a hernia while they were in there as well. I glad that i have this forum. I am relating to everyone here. I want the weight to just drop, but I know that is unrealistic.

weight.png

I was banded on March 7th. Was supposed to do 2 weeks clear, 2 weeks full liquids and then mushies, but after 1 week went to mushy without a problem. I was so hungry and felt no restriction. (no fill until April 12)This past week I have eaten anything I wanted just ate small portions and chewed well. I lost 20lbs within the first 10 days but since I added real food 4 lbs came back. Not discouraged because I eat soooo much less than I ever have.

When I read about how well you all are sticking to the rules and not cheating I am kind of ashamed of myself. Am I really the only one who couldn't hold out 4 lousy weeks? :unsure:

I'm not overeating, B) But I should have waited..

Hi, I was banded on the 15th. I did the clear liquid for a little over a week and moved to mushy as well. I was 281 pre-op, 275 on day of surgery and down to 263. No need to be ashamed. Had I been offered chicken broth one more time I would have hit someone! LOL

fly- so glad to hear from you I was thinking of you right before i saw your post. I know how you feel!! The gas is the worst! Keep walking!

This will be my 5th day post op and it's not easy! I all ready think "boy, I hope I didn't over eat (drink)". At the most I have been able to eat at one time was about 3-4 oz of cream potato Soup. I had so much gas after, I think it was too much. I am going to use my calorie counter just to keep track of my ounces. I just don't want to overeat. I still feel really full and bloated today!

I was banded on 3/29. I have been doing okay but the hunger set in last night and I was pretty unhappy. I have had a lot of gas issues so that has pretty much kept the hunger at bay. The pains are very minimal now but the hunger is back with a vengeance. I have found that 1/2 a cup of coffee is enough to fill me up and make me forget temporarily about the hunger. I have been drinking about 64 ounces of Water a day in addition to the chicken broth, Protein drinks and skinny Water. I was told I could add apple sauce and sugar free Jello but they don't go down so well and hurt right at my breast bone. I have also been having diarrhea which is definitely not a lot of fun.

I woke up this morning hungry and had a Protein shake. It didn't do much to ease the hunger. I also took a gas x strip and then drank some water. I had diarrhea right after the Protein Drink so I guess I am pretty empty again. Heading to the store this morning to look at some low fat cream Soups. The scale shows a loss of 15 pounds since preop testing on the 23rd. I'm not paying much attention to the scale at this point, its really irrelevant. I'm just concerned about the diarrhea and the dizziness and shakiness I am feeling right now. I can't imagine we can survive on the small amount of calories we are taking in. I have to wait until Monday to call the PA and she'll tell me I can progress to yogurt and I guess runny oatmeals and other mushies, not even pureed yet!!

I don't regret this for one second. My boyfriend apologized for eating in front of me last night. I told him that I chose to have this surgery and it is up to me to make it work.

Just thought I'd share with others in the same boat as me!!!

Good luck to everyone!

Hi I am a new bander also. I was banded on 3/29. I'm doing OK, but I am not sure how I should feel. On full liquids right now. I had some coffee last night with half and half and had the runs afterwards. I was actually happy to go to the bathroom. I am also taking my pain med here and there still. Is this bad? It is rixocet - tylonel with oxycodone. I plan on going back to work on Monday the 4th. I don't get paid for time off and want to get back as soon as possible.

How is everyone else doing. I lost a bout 10 lbs. on the 2 week Protein shakes, but don't feel like I have lost anything since the surgery. I feel so bloated.

Donna, There should be someone on call 24/7 you just had surgery. I would try calling your doctors office and having the on call person return your call. Having thr runns, dizziness and shakiness is not good. Make the call.

I was banded on 3/29. I have been doing okay but the hunger set in last night and I was pretty unhappy. I have had a lot of gas issues so that has pretty much kept the hunger at bay. The pains are very minimal now but the hunger is back with a vengeance. I have found that 1/2 a cup of coffee is enough to fill me up and make me forget temporarily about the hunger. I have been drinking about 64 ounces of Water a day in addition to the chicken broth, Protein drinks and skinny Water. I was told I could add apple sauce and sugar free Jello but they don't go down so well and hurt right at my breast bone. I have also been having diarrhea which is definitely not a lot of fun.

I woke up this morning hungry and had a Protein shake. It didn't do much to ease the hunger. I also took a gas x strip and then drank some water. I had diarrhea right after the Protein Drink so I guess I am pretty empty again. Heading to the store this morning to look at some low fat cream Soups. The scale shows a loss of 15 pounds since preop testing on the 23rd. I'm not paying much attention to the scale at this point, its really irrelevant. I'm just concerned about the diarrhea and the dizziness and shakiness I am feeling right now. I can't imagine we can survive on the small amount of calories we are taking in. I have to wait until Monday to call the PA and she'll tell me I can progress to yogurt and I guess runny oatmeals and other mushies, not even pureed yet!!

I don't regret this for one second. My boyfriend apologized for eating in front of me last night. I told him that I chose to have this surgery and it is up to me to make it work.

Just thought I'd share with others in the same boat as me!!!

Good luck to everyone!

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Cloudy Sunday here in NY!! We are celebrating my mom's bday today :cake: -so I guess they will all find out today that I had my surg. They are having hotdogs, chips and cake to Celebrate. I think I will take some small curd cottage cheese and Soup. I have been using my hand emulsion blender on some cans of chicken and rice soup that I added more broth too. Really sad to say that it tastes soooo goood. I had 4 spoons of thinned oatmeal yesterday and was stuffed. And then the kids were invited to a Kids Choice Awards party last night. I made them chocoate fondue-and had no interest in it.:lovechoc: I did have one strawberry and one piece of pineapple that I chewed into the tiniest of pieces and did well with it. I also had no interest in the chocolate cupcakes that were right infront of me all night long. The scale still says that I am up 2 pounds since surg. but I have been peeing like a race horse. (LOL) Meeting some friends today for Breakfast (aka tiny Protein Shake and few spoons of oatmeal) but great conversation and laughs. Can't wait, having supportive people around is the best. I keep walking hoping the gas will get better, eating gas x strips (10 yesterday) then I read the max is 8 per day, ooops. Just trying to do my best at everystep of the journey. Hoping it warms up abit so I can go for a walk outside later today. Have a great one everyone!!! TTYL :D

I'm just updating as I saw the concern about the dizziness I was feeling yesterday. I had gone out to do some errands for the first time since the surgery on Tuesday. I didn't want Monday morning to be the first time I had ventured out into the world. It was brutal but I am glad that I did it.

I just wanted to update and say that yesterday was like a turning point for me in this journey. I was feeling like I had made a mistake, wondering why I decided to put something inside of me that was making me feel like this. I was so hungry I was almost in tears. All the Protein shakes in the world weren't helping. I read a many page thread about all the creative things people were doing to get their clear and full liquids in. So I decided to take a 1/2 can of Progresso Italian wedding Soup and puree it. Then i added a whole lot of low sodium organic vegetable broth and pureed it again. I made about 1 1/2 cups and was fully intent on eating the whole thing if I could. LOL But I started eating and was making myself conscious of how I felt, even over the gnawing emptiness in my gut. I ended up eating about 3 ounces of it over the course of 20 minutes while my boyfriend consumed a pound of shrimp in alfredo sauce with angel hair Pasta, and that didn't even bother me!! After eating that I was actually sated, the pains went away and when I woke up this morning I wasn't hungry or gassy. Yay!!!! I was worried that I would be going to work on Monday feeling pretty much like crap.

I was wondering how long it would take me to feel normal again. I'm sure there will be a few more obstacles to over come, and my port site of my stomach is still swollen. But this feels a whole lot better than the last 4 days!!!

I was banded on March 16th. I am down 17 pounds. My first fill is scheduled for April 18th. Healing has been going rather well although I did deal with a bladder infection 1 week out from surgery and at 2 weeks out my large incision was giving a few problems. All in all though things are going well and I am very happy I did this for myself!

Hey SisterSue, I was banded on 3/24 also. down 11 pounds as of 3/31. That keeps me going but I am tired and miss food.

I did one week clear liquid (broth, , Crystal Light, Water, sugar-free Jello = and Protein powder added to all of it). Now I can have MILK - yeah and apple sauce and greek yogurt. who knew these things were so exciting. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is byfar the best Protein Powder, tried a few different one. I went back to work on Friday and it was hard being around others and food.< /span>

Has everyone told people at work they had surgery?

Today is day 9 for me. Earlier this week I dropped 5 lbs in one day but next day I put 2 back on and since then nothing. I'm not discouraged though. I've not had any problems with being stuck until yesterday. I didn't drink enough the day before and was dehydrated. The Water kept getting stuck. I was at an antique show, I am a dealer, so I had to sip a little and walk a little, sip a little and walk a little. It finally got better last night. When I woke up this morning I had veRy low blood sugar but I don't know why. Its better now but I keep going low. I'm not taking my meds right now on Drs orders to keep this from happening. Has anyone else had this? I've never woken up with low blood sugars before either