Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I NEED HELP!

I seriously need help trying to find an exercise routine! I worn 8-4:30 M, T,W,F,SUN. I'm getting my master's so I have night classes 6-9:30 on Monday and Tuesdays. I have another class 9-4:30 on saturday! When should I exercise? Im having such a hard time pulling away from homework and getting to the gym! Please help!

I feel for you. You have a very hectic schedule! Mine isn't near as crazy as yours, but I am a full time student, wife and mother, so I can understand what you are talking about. Having time to exercise and do everything else is really tough. With college classes comes hours of reading textbooks, so I do my reading while on the treadmill and I also do hand weights while I'm reading. My husband laughed at me at first, but then admitted it was a pretty good idea. Good luck to you in your journey! :)

I have a similar schedule to yours, I am in school full-time working on a bachelor's degree and work full time. I find that the only way I can get in exercise is if I do it first thing in the morning. My gym opens up at 5am and I make sure that I am there because once my day gets going who knows how it will end up. I try to go atleast three days out of the week. I will tell you that it is EXTREMELY difficult at first but once you do it for awhile it becomes routine. You just have to think of it as you brush your teeth, wash your face and go to the gym. I hope this helps!

I seriously need help trying to find an exercise routine! I worn 8-4:30 M, T,W,F,SUN. I'm getting my master's so I have night classes 6-9:30 on Monday and Tuesdays. I have another class 9-4:30 on saturday! When should I exercise? Im having such a hard time pulling away from homework and getting to the gym! Please help!

You don't have to go to the gym to exercise. I know when I was working full time and going to college full time I often came home from work, threw on my shoes and shorts and shot out the door for a 30-minute run. Add 15-min for a shower and then off to class. Of course I've never been one to do a lot of hair and makeup so it's easy for me. Or one of those 10-minute workout videos can be squeezed in most anytime. I knew a teacher friend that ran during her lunch/planning period and just toweled off and went right back to class. I couldn't do that though, I NEED my shower! unsure.gif

I know it's easy for me to say now since I'm not working, just going to school and I'm still not exercising very much, but I'm looking forward to getting back into running when I lose some weight and don't have to worry so much about my feet and knees! Good luck! It's exhausting fitting it all in isn't it?

BTW, here's another tip I've started doing to make studying possible while commuting or exercising: I record myself reading the salient points in my text or record the lecture and play it back during my drive or while walking.

What are you doing Wed, Thur, Fri after work? What about Sat after class? Sun after work? Looks like you've got some time to squeeze in a walk on the treadmill or around the block. Don't be your own worst enemy. Yes, you have to work school and study. But instead of say listening to music or watching tv, read your school work while working out. You gotta make time for yourself in all aspects of your life. Good luck!

I am not a gym person... never have been never will be. I am an Army wife with a 18 mo old and a husband who is gone ALOT.... going to the gym is unrealistic. I wanted something that I could do every day 30 to 45 min a day in my own privacy and at my own time and that I could really get results from. After alot of research I tried the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home tapes. I am telling you from someone who HATES cardio that I really enjoy her. She has so many things to offer for all fitness levels and is spiritual and encouraging and her tapes are good prices at walmart.com or overstock.com. I would really give her Ultimate Collection DVD a try. It comes with 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile works outs all on ONE dvd and you can mix them up. I added hand weights and ankle weights. I do her every day or at least every other day. The tape is $10 if you dont like it no big deal.

I have almost the exact same schedule...work full time and currently enrolled in 10 credits this semester towards my masters. I also am a single mom of two teenaged children. (and my boyfriend expects some time now and again) The only time I will exercise is from 545 until 645 every morning. then it is done and I have no excuses for the rest of the day. Good luck

Laura

Ditto to the morning suggestion. If you're not a morning person (heck, even if you are) you'll hate it for the first few times. Then you get used to it. I work 60 hours a week, typically 12 hour days at work plus another hour of drive time. If I don't go to the gym before work, I don't get there. I have zero motivation after that long of a day. I want to come home and relax. So I wake up at 5:15 and go to the gym for an hour before work. It's the only time I have unless I go late night and that doesn't work for me. Some people are probably reverse and do much better at night. Whatever works!

Now that it's nice outside, you can walk/run. If you're not currently in run/walk shape, try the couch to 5k program if you have an mp3 player or ipod. It's great and will get you going. If you're not keen on running a lot of people will walk at a normal pace during the walk phase and speed walk during the run phases.

I'm not one to sit inside and do work out dvds. I get bored and distracted. So I take the dogs on a walk or run, or I hit the gym. Find a time that works for you 3-5 days a week. Probably best if that time can be the same time for each workout. I tried doing 3 mornings and 2 nights (my work times change) but that killed me.

If one thing doesn't work, try another. But if you can tolerate the morning thing, I highly suggest it. You get it out of the way first thing, you have extra energy during the day, and at the end of a long day? You can relax and not have to worry about doing it.

I had a similar problem working full time days and going to law school at night.

I finally made a commitment that at least 30 minutes a day were for me -

I started walking first thing when I woke up - 100 sit ups, and then I'd hit

the road. I learned to love it - the quiet let me clear my head and think about

the day ahead. I got down to within 20 pounds of my ideal weight - now I've

grown to 380+, and am having Lap Band surgery this Saturday. I just started

walking 3 days a week - There is a neat app for iPhone that is free - Endomondo -

it keeps track of your workouts, and has some pretty cool features.

Nike hit it on the head with their slogan - "Just do it" - it becomes a habit

after a while. Good luck.

I joined curves and I love it. 30 minutes and you are out of there. I didnt go for this past week because I have been on liquids and not taking in enough calories to excersise so today I go back right after work. 30 minutes and I am out of there and come home and do what I have to do.