Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my fellow November 2010 bandsters????

So I have been banded since November 4th. The journey had a rockey start but I am coasting now. I am down 27 pounds since surgery. When I first got banded I was really discouraged. I could eat the same things I always ate and even after my first fill I was still eating a good bit more than I should. I felt like a failure. I thought about how embarrassed I would be if I didn't lose weight after I told everyone I was getting lapband. But low and behold I started taking zumba classes and got my second fill and things have turned around for me. I read another post that someone had wrote that said she expected the weight to come off and that if she wanted to exercise she would have not gotten lapband. Well I can tell you even if you can only squeeze in one workout a week it's better than nothing. Please remember that the band is a tool not a miracle worker.

One last thing. I keep buying clothes that are too big for me. It's like I can't comprehend that I have lost the weight. Strange huh?

I am here! Banded 11-09-10. I am down 40 lbs, post surgery. I feel amazing!!!! You're so very right that exercise is key as the band is only a tool not a miracle. Although I feel like it is working miracles for me (or maybe I am working the miracles with it???) Anyway congrats to you and keep Zumbaing!

I was banded 11/19/10. And I'm down 32 pounds :)

I too had a slow start...I didn't have any restriction till my 3rd fill...So my weight didn't start to drop till after New Years.

Do you notice that some foods go down with no problem (ex. popcorn, sheppards pie)...I can eat them in larger portions then other foods.

I haven't exercised yet...I know I should...And I will...One day...

I was banded 11/3/10 and have lost 37 lbs pre-surgery... It has not been coming off as quickly as I would have liked, but that is my fault. Not exercising regularly, eating too fast, not getting the Water in. I've had 2 fills and go for my 3rd on monday. I think I'm almost at my sweet spot. I have 6.5 in a 10cc band. I too started doing Zumba this week and really like it. I also bought Julianne Hough's dance DVD, but I can't follow it, not because it's too advanced, but because the camera stays on her extremely tight abs..and not her feet, which is what I need to see!!! I ordered another dance type DVD from Amazon and I hope it's easier to follow....I'm frustrated, but it's with myself, not the band!! I'm down 2lbs this week and I had been stuck at the same weight for about 3 wks now!! Hopefully the scale this morning is the motivation I need. Good Luck to all!! BamaMom

I am here! I too have been having some problems, haven't lost anything in weeks, but down 30 lbs. so that is good.

Just had my first fill yesterday, hoping that will give me a little restriction. I do need to start exercising, just doing

it sporadically now so need to get a program and stick to it. Zumba looks like a lot of fun, more dancing than

really exercising, so I may try to get into a class somewhere - keep up the good work!

I was banded on 5th November 2010. And I'm 28lb down, I had my second fill almost two weeksnago but think I am going to have to have some taken out. I am struggling to keep anything at all down, no fun at all :(

I am here and I am feeling good!

I am here too...I had surgery nov 9th, 2010. I was doing really good when I first got my lap-band because I was so motivate and ready to let the weight drop. After the new year however...I just started back with all most of my old habits...so just recently i decided to started this no sugar at all diet with my aunt and see how it works...I am very happy with what I have done so far...I started at 403 in June...at the beginning of pre op diet for surgery I was 394 and at surgery date I was 377 and today I weigh 343 so I have lost 60 lbs which is wonderful but I can't wait to get to 195...plus my doc took me completely off my high blood pressure meds...

some ways I have helped myself is I have decided

* No snacking

*journal everyday

* Exercise atleast 30 mins a day even if it's just walking

* and treat myself to something new...

I got to go shopping and my friend had to tell me that's too big for you girl....and this was at a store where before I had surgery I had not brought anything from in years...and it's a plus size store...so it shows me just how far I have gotten and just how far I still have to go...I am praying that I get to my 100lb weight lost goal by the beginning of june...

weight.png

Hi Guys! I was banded 11/9. I am thrilled to have lost 36 pounds, but it has been hard work! I've had 3 fills, upto 6.3 in a 14cc band. I exercise 6 days a week, either elliptical or Leslie Sansome dvd. I just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...I heard that one was good. I"ve had a few stuck episodes...they seem to come and go. I am definitely eating way less than before the band and have more energy...just wish I could lose a little faster!!

Everyone hang in there!

I was banded 11-23, and I've lost 38 pounds! I've had 2 fills but didn't have one at my last visit because I had lost 13 pounds in a month. Then I did a 5K (yay me!) and my knees hurt for 2 weeks afterward. So I was moving very slowly for a while and lost 1 pound last month. I'm trying to decide on whether to get a fill on Monday. I don't want to get to an uncomfortable tightness. I just got to where I can exercise without pain, so I'm hoping to start losing a pound or so a week again.

My whole family is going to do a 5K together in a few weeks, so here's hoping my knees stay happy! My husband even starting running last week, and he feels great about it. Benefits all around!

You all are inspiring and make me just want to keep moving forward!

You guys are doing great! WOOHOO us!

Lashonda, I too want to get to 195 or so...sometimes it seems like it's so far away. My goal is no more double chin by my birthday, April 7. I don't know if I can do it!

You guys are doing great! WOOHOO us!

Lashonda, I too want to get to 195 or so...sometimes it seems like it's so far away. My goal is no more double chin by my birthday, April 7. I don't know if I can do it!

you can for sure do it....I think my face fat was the first to go....and a lot of my stomach....I can now see my mother regions which I could not before.We can def...do it...I see that we have both lost the same amount...can't wait to get into the 200 zone...haven't been under 300 lbs since I was 14 so that's going to be nice. I am praying to be able to get into a 20 by the 1st of june....

November 10th here! I am doing very well. My weight loss is not super fast because I started out relatively thin (according to surgeon), but I am losing. Since I started losing in August, I am down over 40 pounds. I am a smidge away from the 180s!!!!

Novembers ROCK! B)

I was banded November 29th and am down a little over 50 pounds all post-op. I feel great and finally started exercising Monday of this week. I am excited to be exercising so I can firm up a little bit. I am so happy I had this done and don't regret it a bit. Great job to everyone and keep up the great work :)

I was banded Nov 29th and so far I am bown 45 lbs as of March 4th. My scale at home is bi-polar so I only go by the scale at the doctor's office. I will probably go tomorrow and see where I am at. I have not been exercising regularly and I beat myself up every day for it. I tell myself, "do you know where you might be today with weight-loss, had you got off your butt and exercised for the last 3 months?!" Instead of getting to down on myself I try to look at the positives like eating smaller portions, making better choices, not snacking as much as I used to. I hae nothing to complain about because first I am still losing even if it is a pound in a week. Second, I would have never lost this much weight without this band. Never lost this much on any diet I was on or even when I hired a personal trainer and was working out regularly. I am so happy that I have had this surgery and I am going to continue to try to find motivation to exercise. I am hoping that I as I get smaller, the exercise might be easier to do.