Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when i first went to my surgeon in Febr of 2011, i was 459lbs today on April, 23 2011, I have dropped 16lbs pre surgery for liver size reduction. i have about 220lbs left to lose. My surgery is june,2 2011. I am so excited and ready, and scared. Mostly scared that I wont lose it all.

It seems like alot of people on here only need to lose like 60-100lbs, but I need to lose close to 200 and I hope its in reach for me... has anyone lost close to this much? I feel like i have a huge journey ahead of me, and i was banded 1-11-11.. Lots of hard work I hope i can reach my goal!!

My surgery was June 2009 and I have lost 140lbs so far. My surgeon still wants me to lose 50 to 70lbs more. I am only losing about 1 to 2lbs a month and can't seem to get back on track. We can do this!! Don't give up!!

I had 155 lbs. to lose when I was banded. It seemed like such a HUGE number. It's best to not think about the large number because it can be overwhelming. I just focus on 5 lbs. at a time. It works a lot better that way. I had someone ask me how much I've lost and I still can't believe it's almost 70 lbs.!! Those 5 lb. increments add up a lot quicker than you realize.

You can do this. Good luck to you!

From my highest weight I had 249 pounds to lose, as of my sugery date (3/4/2011) I have 160 pounds to lose. We are all in this together. Keep your chin up. There are many success stories on these forums and I am going to be one of them. I will not accept less :) And neither should you.

It seems like alot of people on here only need to lose like 60-100lbs, but I need to lose close to 200 and I hope its in reach for me... has anyone lost close to this much?

Oh yes.... look at my tracker...... :)

I am 5'9" and have lost 85 lbs since being banded in December and I am not even half way there. I have 117 to go... and thats my number. Add 10lbs to get to my Dr's # of 150 which I havent been since I was 12!

Its been 5 months. Pretty decent results. However it hasnt been without tremendous effort on my part. The band is ONLY a tool. You HAVE to pay attention to what you are eating. My Dr and I go round and round every month when he hears me use the word dieting. LOL But in my world counting calories is a diet. And since I am counting calories I am dieting. The big difference this time is when I am finished "dieting" I will have learned to eat small portions (the band filled correctly wont allow any thing else) and I will be able to maintain my weight rather than gain in back as I have done so many times before!

I wish I only had 60-100 to lose. I started at 371.lbs.... I dont see many people in here even weighing THAT much. I feel out numbered too. I want to be down to about 150. over 200 + lbs.... so much to lose... But i WILL do it.

I wish I only had 60-100 to lose. I started at 371.lbs.... I dont see many people in here even weighing THAT much. I feel out numbered too. I want to be down to about 150. over 200 + lbs.... so much to lose... But i WILL do it.

My weight when i started was 400lbs since Oct.2010 i have lost 170lbs and was banded in Jan 2011, most of us took a long time to gain that much weight and it will take some time to get it off again but dont give up its a long road but worth every step !

My weight when i started was 400lbs since Oct.2010 i have lost 170lbs and was banded in Jan 2011, most of us took a long time to gain that much weight and it will take some time to get it off again but dont give up its a long road but worth every step !

Cazzy that is an inspiration to those of us that get frustrated. I know it's possible so I will keep plugging away.

Stacy

Cazzy that is an inspiration to those of us that get frustrated. I know it's possible so I will keep plugging away.

Stacy

Thanks Stacy, I certainly dont feel 'inspirational' :)

I have to say its almost a full time job having to lose so much weight and each day i have to push myself to exercise and keep moving, but the motivation is my health and happiness, it is over 20 yrs since i weighed what i do now and when i reach my goal it will have been 30 yrs since i weighed it. I started off really slow doing exercises sitting down, i would use dumbells and resistance bands just watching tv, when u weigh as much as i did when u first start this journey its just so hard to even stand for long periods let alone do exercises, i couldnt sit on a exercise bike as it was just too uncomfortable, now i use it all the time, my exercise bike , my strength training and my healthy diet have enabled me to lose all this weight and am hoping it will continue to do so till my goal weight is achieved. Its been exactly one year since i first started my pre-op diet and i havent looked back since, my goal was to get my life back and slowly it returns both emotionally and physically. So always keep plugging away and keep battling on, you cant let fat be the victor !

Hi Steph. I've have had the same thoughts here. My goal is to lose 216 pounds so you see, I have alot, alot to lose. This is my journey, that I guide and I'm going to do it. Just have a positive attitude that you can do it and you WILL do it. It's not Impossible, it's Ispossible!!

It seems like alot of people on here only need to lose like 60-100lbs, but I need to lose close to 200 and I hope its in reach for me... has anyone lost close to this much? I feel like i have a huge journey ahead of me, and i was banded 1-11-11.. Lots of hard work I hope i can reach my goal!!

I have about 200 pounds to lose myself. I am taking it 100 at a time and one day at a time. I am almost to my first goal of 100 pounds, and if the weight loss stops there, i will be perfectly happy. i am leaps and bounds ahead of where i was just 77 pounds ago. i have lots of energy and i feel amazing.

there are a few of us bigger folk around and i know we can do this just as well as the smaller ones can.

Hey there,

I started at 324....and I had my surgery 06/29/11- I am now 282.....we can do this! I have eliminated all bread, soda and most all Snacks. We can get there, one step at a time! Good luck....

In 81 more lbs I will have lost 217 lbs.... Its been 11 months for me and actually almost a year if you count the pre op 2 week liquid.... That may seem like a long time but considering my Dr told me it would take 2 1/2 yrs I am well ahead of schedule. I am expecting to be at my goal by May 2012!

Dont let the number overwhelm you. I know from experience what a downer that is. Just take it 10 lbs at a time. B)

I was banded on 1/11/11 so it's nice to see someone else posting that had the same surgery date. I'm one of those 60-100 lb folks but I really understand where you're coming from with having a larger amount of weight to lose. I see so many posts where people who had their surgeries in May, June and July have lost twice as much as me and its discouraging. What I have to remember is...I was a slow loser before the band so that's just my fate in life. I have settled into the thought process that this is a journey and I'm going to have to be patient with myself assuming that I'm following the rules and doing things right. I still struggle with food issues and am often mad that I can't finish something that really tastes good. Also, food was my "go-to" when I was tired, angry, stressed or whatever. Now, I simply can't take a box of wheat thins and a block of cheese and chow down. Everyday I have to make myself think about the things I'm doing today that I couldn't or wouldn't do this time last year. You have taken the best step towards getting to your goal and you've done an excellent job so far. Keep up the good work!

Shelley, food was my 'go to' also...for everything. I'm happy-food, i'm sad-food, i'm angry-food.

the band has definitely cut most of that chatter out of my brain that says i need to have food to fill voids.

i have recently picked up the guitar as a means to help myself keep my mind off of mindless eating. it has helped tremendously. when i am bored, i pick up my guitar, angry-guitar, sad-guitar, etc...

it might help you to find some hobby that you really enjoy that you can go to instead of food when it feels like food is all you have. good luck and you are doing great because you are 31 pounds lighter than you were, so that is something right there. B)