Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Today is my one year banderversary. I've lost about 68 lb. While not as much as I would've liked. I'm thrilled with my loss. I've gone fro a 3XL (all time high at 4X), to a Medium top. I've officially lost 130 lb from my all time high. So i've lost a person. I feel so much better about myself. I have basically no fill (just 0.75ml) so I'm doing this mostly on my own and I've discovered a new way to lose weight with changing my way of eating and discovering a love for working out. Unfortunately, I still have no will power when it comes to junk, as being proven by the junk coming in for the holidays at work. I can't wait for them to be over.

While one of my big motivations was to look good at my sister's wedding last month, I feel like I did well at that. I was not skinny, but I didn't look horrible and I'm overall pleased with how I looked

I want to put some pics up, does anyone know how?

Funny you should ask about this. I had a plastic surgery consult a couple of weeks ago just to see how much it would cost, etc. I am pear shaped and carried a lot of my excess weight below the waist and am looking into a lower body lift and most likely a thigh lift. I don't think my insurance will cover it but I'm checking into it and although the surgeon said that she thinks I am a good candidate to have surgery now I plan to wait until I hit goal before seriously looking into it.

I looked at a couple sites online today, and from what I can tell a full body lift will be approx 12,000 and up!! YIKES!!

December 12th, the day before I started my pre op diet.

IMG_0176.jpg

November 13th, My sisters wedding.

385877_2816358775739_1461938488_32921677_1943854019_n.jpg

December 12th, the day before I started my pre op diet.

IMG_0176.jpg

November 13th, My sisters wedding.

385877_2816358775739_1461938488_32921677_1943854019_n.jpg

You look beautiful, Jess! If one of your goals was to look good at the wedding, I'd say you definitely accomplished that!! Congrats on your bandiversary...we've all come a long way in the past year!!

Yep, that was one of my goals. In fact in a way I have my sister to thank for me having the surgery. She got engaged and said I was going to be a bridesmaid (endued up being mai of honor, but whatever). I was like there is NO WAY IN HELL I will wear a dress looking the way I did. I don't wear dresses to begin with. So I decided then I HAD to do something. So while I did not get down to the weight I wanted by the wedding, I'm still thrilled with the way I looked and I shocked my relatives who did not know I'd been losing weight (hadn't seen some of them in many years). I did not reveal about the surgery, because I really don't spread it around. But I was happy. Actually one of the bridesmaids had Gastric Bypass like 6 months prior and while I hadn't seen her in like 15 years, she looked great too.

Hey guys!

Ok, so after sorting out my new insurance I got a referral to see my band doctor. Going to call him today. I'm scared :( trying to psych myself up to get started again. Well, fresh start for the new year I guess!

So 1 year, down 41 pounds, I have gained 17. Still happy, but ready to get back on track. It's annoying having your pants fit weird and stuff, ready to fix that!

Yep, that was one of my goals. In fact in a way I have my sister to thank for me having the surgery. She got engaged and said I was going to be a bridesmaid (endued up being mai of honor, but whatever). I was like there is NO WAY IN HELL I will wear a dress looking the way I did. I don't wear dresses to begin with. So I decided then I HAD to do something. So while I did not get down to the weight I wanted by the wedding, I'm still thrilled with the way I looked and I shocked my relatives who did not know I'd been losing weight (hadn't seen some of them in many years). I did not reveal about the surgery, because I really don't spread it around. But I was happy. Actually one of the bridesmaids had Gastric Bypass like 6 months prior and while I hadn't seen her in like 15 years, she looked great too.

Jess....You look INCREDIBLE!! Congratulations on your weigh loss!!!

Hey guys!

Ok, so after sorting out my new insurance I got a referral to see my band doctor. Going to call him today. I'm scared sad.png trying to psych myself up to get started again. Well, fresh start for the new year I guess!

So 1 year, down 41 pounds, I have gained 17. Still happy, but ready to get back on track. It's annoying having your pants fit weird and stuff, ready to fix that!

Hi Heather

So glad to hear that your insurance is straightened out and you ready to get back on track.

You were an inspiration to a lot of us last year....and you know what to do, you have 41 pounds gone forever! YOU CAN DO THIS!

If you kept a journal, read it, if you kept track of meals, review what you ate.

Look for a group in your area and go if you find one. I am very fortunate in that the doctor that I had surgery with has a licensed addiction therapist that leads our group. I HAVE to go to group, it keeps me away from the "slippery slope" and once I go there it takes me awhile to refocus. I can rationalize anything when I'm sliding. My goal for the New Year is to lose the last 25 pounds, and fall in love with exercise.

Refocus on the "reasons" you had the surgery in the first place. Find your reason.

Best wishes! We are all here for you rooting you on!!

Jess you look great! If that was your goal you definately accomplished it, keep up the good work.

Heather...glad to see your back !!!!!! yes you were very helpful this past year.. i enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your awsome pics and you answered alot of my questions....41 in a year is great... i can say i have NEVER lost more then 5 lbs in a year and kept it off.... welcome back !!!

Amy

Thanks girls. Yea, true, can't say the last time I lost 41 pounds and kept it off for any length of time. I do feel better, and smaller which is nice. But it's getting to the point my pants don't fit right, and frankly I'm just embarrassed I'm letting myself gain weight. We spent all this money, and I put in all this effort, I should continue.

I might look into a group, I'm just not sure that is right for me. What kind of stuff do they talk about there? I'm worried it will be corny... like I was never one to enjoy Weight Watchers meetings. I kinda wish I could talk one on one with a psychologist, about what reasons might be causing me to want to eat. Or how to not turn to food for everything. I feel like now, I'm eating because I'm happy, which is ridiculous! This year has been a rollercoaster... I need to learn how to not use food for everything in my life.

I guess I'll discuss this with my office when I go next month. My doctor is always in a hurry it seems... ack, he intimidates me, but he is a good doctor and I trust him. LOL random he was on The Kardashians, made me laugh ahhaha

The Kardashians?? Wow! Dr to the stars....omg I would crack up too! LOL

Our group isn't anything like WW. I didn't like WW meetings and all the corny "rewards", and only feeling shame if you didn't lose that week. We only share what we want to share, if you want. Usually I find out that what I'm struggling with that week is something that others struggle with and how they dealt with it. Someone might say something that sticks with me and motivates me.

We usually have a topic that we focus on. Like how to handle stress eating, journaling, what motivates us, etc. Last time the topic was using food to Celebrate. I saw a really cute inspirational saying on Pinterest today. It said, "you are not a dog, stop rewarding yourself with food". How true. Going to keep this in the front of my mind for awhile. I tend to get into the thought that if I go to the gym and work out....I can eat _ _ _ _because I worked hard.

It's SO mind over matter.

Whatever you choose to do, you are right when you talked about all the effort and money. Keep going. We can do this!

Haha the dog story, how true! I'm exactly like that, I can always rationalize eating.

LOL yes the Kardashians, I think Rob's appendix ruptured or something, and he was the surgeon on duty, made me laugh. Khloe & Lamar lived somewhat near that hospital haha.

I started back on track today, so far so good, and my fill is on the 26th. Going to exercise now!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd check in... Been a while. I think I did what most everyoen did over the holidays and that was gain about 8 lbs. Last time I went for a fill was right before Thanksgiving, and they overfilled me a bit and I couldn't even swallow Water. That was pretty damn scary, I had to go in for an emergency unfil. I haven't been back and I'm not really eating like I should, but I haven't gained too too much weight. However, I think I might have a hernia, in that, when I take large deep breathes I have a pain in my stomach. This has been going on for about two weeks. I'm going to see the doctor on Tuesday. I hope the lapband didn't cause it, because I'd have to have it removed.

Has anyone ever had a hernia with the lapband? Do they unfill you completely for surgery? I'm assuming the recovery time is probably the same? Which would suck because that means no heavy training for what 6 weeks?

Hello everyone! I was banded on December 30th. I go for my first fill on February 2. I am feeling great! I have lost 17 lbs. I have been at a stand still for about 4 days! :( I weigh myself everyday and today I began to feel the frustration! My first goal is to be under 200 lbs. I am at 207!! This sucks! I feel the weight loss in my clothes but I am anxiously ready to feel more. I have been eating mushy food and Protein Shakes. I think I need to focus more on the exercise portion. It has been hard to go walking since it gets dark so early and sunrise comes so late. My husband and I discussed renewing our gym membership. I think that is a good idea. I will take care of that today!

I know that it is only January but I have fantasies of wearing summer dresses and shorts during the warm months. I live in Tucson, Arizona so the warm weather could be here as soon as next month! We have planned to take a family vacation to Disneyland next month...I am hoping to take pictures in which I actually enjoy looking at myself! I know that I will get to where I want to be. I have had a somewhat hard week and am feeling just a little bit emotional! I will be fine!

Thanks to everyone in the December banding club...I appreciate your support even though you may not know that you are giving it to me! Good luck to all of us!! Keep your lovely smiles and positive thoughts! <3

:) Cori Jo