Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 11/18/10 and feeling regretful

Hello everyone,

I was banded 11/18/10 which i was very xcited about because it has been a journey for me but it been 9 days and It hurts even when I drink liquids.... Day 7 i was able to have on soft foods but i am still uncertain what i should be eating. I did not expect such a drastic change... I really did not think about the post op part of it.... I lost 7lbs from Thursday to Tuesday on liquid. I B) still feel really tired. Any advise? :(

Hi Sdart =) A question for you, are you sipping your liquids slowly? I was banded Nov 15th, I will be 2 weeks this Monday and I am just feeling back to myself. Remember, this can be a very emotional journey for all of us. Have you called your doctors office? Call them and see what they can offer as well. I feel bad that you are regretting this part of it. You are still going to be tired, you just had surgury. I find walking like they told me to do everyday for at least 30 minutes is helping. I hope this helped a little. Keep your chin up, the hardest part is over. =)

are you getting your Protein in? I noticed when I wasnt I felt a little more sluggish. Also do you take Vitamins? If not try it. 9 days is not that long so give yourself some time. Some people take longer to recover than others.

Louismom, I started being very mindful that i change is required... I did start sipping and it has gotten much better for me. I think I will stay on liquids for a few more weeks to allow my body to heal. I went in for my post op appoint and was told it's normal because of inflamation. I am also going to start back walking tomorrow atleast 30 mins. I have not done much since surgery because i feel drained. Thank you for the support I find this site to be a learning and support tool for me.

@bunny106... I thought about the Vitamins today I will certainly get some tomorrow and I am on Protein now.. Some how I missed the Protein when i needed because i was not hungry. Thank you

Hi, Sdart! I felt the exact same way when I was 10 days post op. Honestly, I thought if I could do that liquid diet, why couldn't I do it on my own. However, I also realized that I was not getting enough Protein. It was hard when you are so sick of liquids and the Protein Powder made all of my food taste so gross that I didn't feel like eating. However, the further out I got from the surgery, the better I felt. It really improved when I started to eat regular food and walk. I do believe it is very normal to feel that way with so many changes going on. I was such an emotional eater, I had to deal with those issue as well. It is all a learning process and journey. Please know that it does get better!

I agree with Dadkins 100%. So many changes were going through and I think it's normal to be a little regretful in these early, evolving, painful stages. But if you play your cards right - I promise you - it will ALL Be worth it when the results come. So try to motivate yourself in whatever way does it for you. Also don't feel bad lamenting. I think it's normal behavior at this point. I've been there.

I was banded 11/15/10 and I cried everyday for the first 5 days, thinking, what did I do! I took away my only means of comfort (food), what was I crazy! I will be two weeks post op tomorrow and I feel pretty great now. I'm still on liquids for another week, but I'm learning to deal. You'll get through it!

do you know if you have any Fluid in your band yet? I am almost four months post op and I wasnt suppose to have any fluid in and about a week after my surgery I still could barly get liquid down and when I went in for my 1st week visit they ended up pulling out 3cc's so with 3'ccs and the amount of swelling I had made me miserable for longer than most people. It is still normal though to feel the way you do..sometimes it just takes a few weeks. I would reccomend just taking small sips...my doctor told me a sip every couple minutes..I know that sounds crazy but it did work for me but you are literally drinking every minute of the day:) hang in there and call your doctor if you feel that something just isnt quite right...thats what I did and I am glad I did cause after they took some out I felt immediate relief:)

What worked the best for me was to get back to my normal routine...everyday I felt a little more like myself. I took me about 2 weeks to feel totally back to normal.

Congratulations!!!!

S

I did contact my doctor and was advised that he do not fill until 30 days post op.. So i have no fill ... It seem to be getting better.As far as energy I started taking liquid B12...Food still Soup and Protein Shakes l but anything other than that is a problem... Post op instuctions day 10 i should have been able to introduce myself to real food but that is not happening. I can not eat meat at all..I did have mash pot which was fine.On the bright side i think my body is just adjusting and it will take me some time. I am just scared of failure... I have no clue of the foods i should be eating because i cannot each much. I go 12/14/10 for my fill so i will pray all goes well. Thank you everyone for supoort... I am addicted to this site now. ...Tomorrow first day back to work

Hello everyone,

I was banded 11/18/10 which i was very xcited about because it has been a journey for me but it been 9 days and It hurts even when I drink liquids.... Day 7 i was able to have on soft foods but i am still uncertain what i should be eating. I did not expect such a drastic change... I really did not think about the post op part of it.... I lost 7lbs from Thursday to Tuesday on liquid. I B) still feel really tired. Any advise? :(

I had my band done back on the 3/10/10 and I remember waking up thinking "what the BLEEP!! have I done???" It took about 2 weeks for the bruising and swelling to go down, I actually only drank Water and a little cordial for that time and felt exhausted. After the 2 weeks I began trying to eat more solids but would only get a teaspoon of jelly or custard down every 3 hours. Try soft scrambled eggs, custard or low-calorie jelly and DON'T OVERDO IT!! If you don't want to eat, DON'T!!! It goes against everything your body, your family, everybody tells you, but your body is coming to terms with the changes and this extra bit attached to your stomach :). I have lost 17kilos - not sure what that is in pounds LOL - I think it's about 35 lbs - since surgery, but I still haven't come to terms with the "get off my @$$ and excerise more" requirement. My diet is great, I just need to motivate myself to loose the flab which is hanging on to me. Christmas is here, I'm 2-3 dress sizes smaller this year than last, so the Chrissie photos will be the kick start I need again :) (That's what motivated me to begin with). JUST HANG IN THERE - IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

I am on day 12 and have not tried any meat ... and I can hardly wait. I ate a baked potato last night because I am so sick of the stupid liquids.

The worst for me was some cinamon covered walnuts my boss brought in. Those things filled me up for HOURS.

Yes but I wonder if I am just starving myself to lose weight. Before returning to work I was having Protein drink (40 grams), a fruit cup, and maybe Jello cup for a day. I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery but feel it is from starvation because I am not getting any significant calories.

I have never been a coffee drinker so that is one thing I didn't have to give up or be missing. I am an iced tea drinker and I have give that up for now also just because I am trying to get my Liquid Protein down during the day plus a little Water or Tomato juice (10 - 16 oz)..