Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outrageous Octobers 2010

So I weighed myself today and I gain a pound. I don't understand how this happens when I'm eating right and working out. I didn't drink this weekend so it's not that. What can I do to make my scale go down and not up?!!

Hi everyone. I was banded the 19th of Oct. Originally I lost 30 lbs in about three weeks but when i started eating real foods I gained about 10 back. Very discouraging for me and I'm having a rough time trying to lose again. I really need some kind of overhall but I dont know what to do. I could really use some accountability and support right now.

Great job to everyone that is having success right now!

Hi everyone! I was banded Oct 15th and have lost 22lbs since surgey but have been lacking in the excersise department due to being sick and other health issues, I was supposed to have a fill Nov 19th but the docs office messed up my apt so now i should be getting one on dec 15th. I do find myself fuller quicker but snacking more so I bought choc rice cakes and feel better with thise lol or veggies! All together since my first doc visit i have lost 32lbs so thats good lol. Hope you all are well and had a happy holiday!

Hi everyone. I was banded the 19th of Oct. Originally I lost 30 lbs in about three weeks but when i started eating real foods I gained about 10 back. Very discouraging for me and I'm having a rough time trying to lose again. I really need some kind of overhall but I dont know what to do. I could really use some accountability and support right now.

Great job to everyone that is having success right now!

Hi My weight loss has stalled too after starting to eat regular food but at least I haven't gained. Everything I have read on this site suggests that the first 6 weeks aren't about weight loss but healing. I can understand this perfectly but I know I still think about losing. I have my first fill on Dec 3rd and hope this may help. I will be weighed then so that helps me make good choices. Have you had any fills yet?

I was banded on october 6th...including preop i have lost 26 lbs. Not bad...i went for my first fill 2 weeks ago and they said my port has flipped...I must have overdone it in the first few weeks and tore the stitches...so bk in for surgery this thursday...nothing but Clear Liquids after that! So hopefully the scale will start moving again, since I haven't had much of a weight loss since the first week post op....wish luck!

I was banded on october 6th...including preop i have lost 26 lbs. Not bad...i went for my first fill 2 weeks ago and they said my port has flipped...I must have overdone it in the first few weeks and tore the stitches...so bk in for surgery this thursday...nothing but clear liquids after that! So hopefully the scale will start moving again, since I haven't had much of a weight loss since the first week post op....wish luck!

good luck with your surgery, let us know how it goes. Do you know when you will get your first fill?

Hi My weight loss has stalled too after starting to eat regular food but at least I haven't gained. Everything I have read on this site suggests that the first 6 weeks aren't about weight loss but healing. I can understand this perfectly but I know I still think about losing. I have my first fill on Dec 3rd and hope this may help. I will be weighed then so that helps me make good choices. Have you had any fills yet?

Hi KatieJane ... yes I just had my first fill the week before Thanksgiving. She only gave me 1ml though so it was basically nothing. I didnt feel any change in my appetite or restriction. My next one is the 16th of Dec and I'm hoping to get more than 1ml ...

Nancy, so sorry about your port flipping! Hopefully everything will be fine after this surgery and you will get the results you want! Good luck!

I made the dr promise me that he will fill me when he fixes the port! I will have 5cc in a 10cc band...hoping for lots of restriction!

My first fill tomorrow, apparently my doctor gives 5cc for the first fill. I was there 2 weeks ago but didnt get a fill and another patient had her first fill but felt nauseous after drinking some Water. I am happy to get a fill but a little apprehensive.

I was banded on October 13th and have lost 33 pounds. I had my first fill 11/29 and my surgeon put in 6cc. It was very weird because I literally did not feel a thing. I do not know if I have restriction because I can eat any size bite and don't necessarily chew well enough but have felt nothing resembling a stuck episode. I eat about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food 3x/day and stop because I am done and not because I feel full. On the other hand, I do feel full about a half hour later and keep that full feeling until my next meal so I am very happy about that. For exercise, I walk on the treadmill 30 minutes 5x/week. I plan to start a gym membership in the next week or so so I can add some weight training.

hi all

I was banded on the 25/10 and has only lost 10lbs, I have certain restrictions as to what i can eat but can eat a good portion had to cancel my 1st fill due to weather but rearraged for 14th dec.

I feel so depressed with such a small amount of weight loss I am not very active due to arthritis but do as much as I can. Really feel I have spent all this money for nothing.

Anybody else feel like this or has anyone got any suggestions x x x

So I feel like I have been stuck for the past two weeks. I haven't lost anything and my eating hasn't changed plus now I'm exercising...what do I do?