Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2010 Bandsters - post op

I'm doing pretty well. Looking forward to Thanksgiving! I plan on opening a bottle of sparkling pinot grigio--let's see how that goes. I'm not having much hunger between meals nor having any problems with my soft mushy food. I just had a slice of challah and enjoyed it.

Was just banded on the 19th! Super excited for this process. I haven't had a lot of pain, but I did notice that if I turned wrong I got a burning sensation about 3 inches below my large cut. Has anyone else experienced this before or should I worry?? It hasn't gotten swollen or anything from what I can tell. And I go in on my post op on the first so ill have the doctor check it out then. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen as well??i

I had surgery yesterday (11/22)...still on clear liquids....i have pain at the port...and i'm having sinus issues...and to top it off my period started on the same day as my surgery.

Ashley I was banded on the 16th. Today marks one week. I know excatly what u r feeling. I'm scared to say anything but I know I will have to. I just don't want to return to the hospital! Haha I have my one week post op appt tomorrow so I will have to bring that up! =/

I was banded today! The sweet nurse said Happy Band Day when I left. I am tired and sore, with just a little pressure inside, kind of like I need to do a major burp. So not bad. I can handle this!

Happy Band Day, all!

Deb :D

weight.png

I'm now little over 3 weeks post op. At this time I feel ABSOLUTELY no restriction. I think i can eat pretty close to pre-op portions. I haven't been very good either. Being able to have food that one can chew and has a crunch has made me go off track. haven't gained any weight at this time, but haven't lost any in the last week or so. Only feel restricted if i eat food that is very dry. The surgeon said that the band is "one-size" and is probably very big for me until it gets filled. i don't get filled until Dec 16th. From the more experienced folks... how did you manage this stage. I know will power must have something to do with it but its hard to find when i feel like I've been "deprived" for almost a month. These are of course sabotaging thoughts, but i have succumbed to them.

Thanks,

- J

Was just banded on the 19th! Super excited for this process. I haven't had a lot of pain, but I did notice that if I turned wrong I got a burning sensation about 3 inches below my large cut. Has anyone else experienced this before or should I worry?? It hasn't gotten swollen or anything from what I can tell. And I go in on my post op on the first so ill have the doctor check it out then. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen as well??i

I have a lot of port pain also. I was doing ok, but then last night I started sneezing and the pain got really bad. I also feel no restriction and I am only 5 days post op. I can sit here drink a full cup or 2 with no problems. I did have some cheese today and cant wait to get to the mushes. I weighed myself yesterday and I was down only 0.4 pounds from surgery. I have been walking at least 2 miles a day since Sunday. Feels good to go outside, especially since it has been 70 degrees.

Going in for surgery tomorrow. Planning on following the dr's orders to a t. this is a new start, and baby, I'm working it. hee hee.

Oh my goodness... I have so missed everyone! I was going nuts when this site was down. lol I am one week post op today. I weighed myself today and I am down seven pounds. Pretty good I think. I am still on full liquids. I will admit that I have tried a few things, however, i didn't want to push it so I stopped. I have a few questions I hope you can help with. On the not drinking after eating, does this also go with if I want to try a bite of something and then I have to wait another hour for something to drink? What if is nasty? Also I am doing a bunch of burping. I did read where a bunch of people have this. I get to doing it even after a couple drinks of Water or anything! It is taken me over two hours to get half a Protein Drink in me! I haven't even had a fill yet and it is taken this long for a drink, good grief, i can't imagine after a fill! OH My :blink: I have been taking gas x everyday and walking a bunch.

I am glad that the boards are back! Ive missed hearing how everyone is doing!

I'm 13 days post op and got to start my mushies today! I loved having and egg and some oatmeal for Breakfast. I had my protien shake for lunch, then some shreaded chicken for dinner, and seem to be set for awhile.

I am happy to report that I am down 7lbs since surgery. I had to go dress shopping for my husbands command christmas party, and loved being able to notice that I could wear form fitting dresses and feel okay in them! I will have to put a picture on here after the party next week. I got a 14W dress (previously an 18), and had to get new bras too because Ive dropped a band size and a cup size! Now if only I could get my jeans to cooperate as nicely.

I am 3 weeks out from surgery and feeling pretty good. I was banded on November 4th and went back to work yesterday and have done really well. Since the pre-op diet I have lost 40lbs and about 13lbs since the surgery. I feel no restrictions when eating but have kept my meals to 3 very small meals and have not felt hungry. I get to start eating mostly real foods this Sunday. Overall I have felt really good and possibly mentally doing even better. I have not been very hungry but I do eat since I know that I need to.

Hey welcome back everyone!! And a big welcome to our newbies here! Missed everyone! Hope all are doing well. It's been a long 3 days without you guys! I am 13 post op and had my post op visit yesterday. I have been graduated to mushy foods! YEAH!! Just in time for Thanksgiivng! I go back in 4 weeks for the next follow up to see if I will need a fill. Right now the band is open and just on the stomach, so I have no restriction at all. Makes me nervous since I am ofthen hungry. I also tested out some foods and notice I can pretty much eat anything, without a problem. Last night I ate a small bowl of egg noodle stossed in a little olive oil and garlic with chicken sausage and I was fine. Today we have a Thanksgiving feast at school, so I'll try a little turkey and mashed potatoes. That will guide me on how to eat tomorrow for the real Turkey Day.

I was a little peeved at my Dr. They never did the x-ray to check if the band was placed properly before I left the hospital. THey usually do it the next morning when you stay over, but being I went home the same day, they goofed. I was upset because I had to leave early from work to do go do this before I could have my post op. Luckily everything was fine, but let me tell you I would have freaked if anything was wrong!!

Anyway, off to get resy for work. Looking forward to a 4 day weekend! Hoping everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! Enjoy!

Hey welcome back everyone!! And a big welcome to our newbies here! Missed everyone! Hope all are doing well. It's been a long 3 days without you guys! I am 13 post op and had my post op visit yesterday. I have been graduated to mushy foods! YEAH!! Just in time for Thanksgiivng! I go back in 4 weeks for the next follow up to see if I will need a fill. Right now the band is open and just on the stomach, so I have no restriction at all. Makes me nervous since I am ofthen hungry. I also tested out some foods and notice I can pretty much eat anything, without a problem. Last night I ate a small bowl of egg noodle stossed in a little olive oil and garlic with chicken sausage and I was fine. Today we have a Thanksgiving feast at school, so I'll try a little turkey and mashed potatoes. That will guide me on how to eat tomorrow for the real Turkey Day.

I was a little peeved at my Dr. They never did the x-ray to check if the band was placed properly before I left the hospital. THey usually do it the next morning when you stay over, but being I went home the same day, they goofed. I was upset because I had to leave early from work to do go do this before I could have my post op. Luckily everything was fine, but let me tell you I would have freaked if anything was wrong!!

Anyway, off to get resy for work. Looking forward to a 4 day weekend! Hoping everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! Enjoy!

Hi,

Just FYI, mushies doesn't include food unless it is pureed. Be good to yourself, stomach needs time to heal!

FBS

I had my post op visit yesterday but was allowed mushies since last Wednesday. (banded 11/10). Doc said he put 3 cc's in my 14 cc band. First fill is scheduled for 12/13. Also said I can start real food next week.

As far as restriction, some foods (chile) go down no problem and I could (but don't) eat a lot. I found that adding a few saltnes will cause restriction and the doc was ok with that. If I eat Protein (eggs, canned chicken), I can only manage a little at a time, so I guess I am lucky to have some restriction. I haven't needed any shakes since last week, as I'm able to get enough proten from real food.

It's good to have "our" forum back.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my fellow November Bandsters!!

Today will be a challenge for many of us!! But let's all just do our best and remember to be thankful for this opportunity that we have been given to change our lives for the better!

Have a wonderful day!