Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

I am at 10am tomorrow.

I go at10 am too! I can not sleep I am so excited!

Well it's official - i am a December Bandster! Got my call today and my tentative date is now set - 12/27. I'm super excited! I'm sure the nervousness will kick in soon as well - lol

Hello,

Heather~ I am now on full liquids and have 1-2 shakes a day plus other things. I agree that I just want some food! I got some bean with bacon Soup last night and some lentil soup. I will blend them before I sip them. I don't want only the shakes. I had blended beef and barley soup last PM and blended chicken noodle for lunch. Gross looking yet tasty and satisfying!:rolleyes:

Vicky~ The other reason for the warm Water first thing each AM is to prevent stomach spasms.

Tomorrow is my one week post op check! :D

Joan

So I go to weigh myself today even though my Dr. told me not to. I weigh-in at 331. I do a double take get off the scale change the batteries re-calibrate it and get back on. 331. You don't understand I weighed-in at 350 at the hospital right before the surgery 5 days ago!!!!! That means I have lost 19 lbs. in 5 days! I can't believe it. I know I feel well and I am very hydrated as I drink lots of liquids. I don't exercise not yet anyways all the exercise I do is walk around the house. I am shocked. Is this normal? Has anybody else gotten these kind of results? I go in to see my Dr. tomorrow and I hope to weigh 330. I take multi-vitamins and have kept up with my post-op diet. I am so shocked right now. My wife even mentioned that my stomach has gone down as I carry all my excess weight around that region. Should I be concerned???? Or just reap in the benefits of the Lap-Band?

size10 ~ I can only have Protein and Clear Liquids till my surgery :( after I can have cream Soups and stuff so that should be better!!

anatomy ~ of course it's normal! you aren't eating. ahha. i've lost 8 pounds on my liquid diet in 2 days. when you start off really big, it comes faster in the beginning

alimaureen ~ well the lapband is a tool, it can't stop you from cheating and eating the wrong foods, or eating things that slide down the band. you have to change your lifestyle or you won't lose weight and keep it off. we have to know that coming into the surgery. I wish it was an end all solution but, it's not.

Hello,

Heather~ I am now on full liquids and have 1-2 shakes a day plus other things. I agree that I just want some food! I got some bean with bacon Soup last night and some lentil soup. I will blend them before I sip them. I don't want only the shakes. I had blended beef and barley soup last PM and blended chicken noodle for lunch. Gross looking yet tasty and satisfying!:rolleyes:

Vicky~ The other reason for the warm Water first thing each AM is to prevent stomach spasms.

Tomorrow is my one week post op check! :D

Joan

Thanks for the info, Joan. I tried a small cup of hot tea (decaf) this morning to take my Vitamins with and it did help. I didn't feel so full and was able to drink my Protein Shake earlier in the morning. I also talked to the dietician this morning and she thinks that part of the diarreha problem is related to my lactose intolerance. One of the Protein mixes I have been using has a small amount of lactose in it and even though I mix it with soy milk she thinks that it could be the problem. So, I'm only drinking the lactose free shake today and am going to add some broth instead of just drinking water. Hopefully, this will take care of it.

I do agree with you about wanting more than the shakes. I am definately considering doing the same thing with some soup for some variety. I know I'm not supposed to but I just want something to mix things up a bit.

Sal thats great news, i hope it maintains for your appt...

OMG i finally opened one of the packs of Unjury i got in the sample pack, i made orange drink from Crystal Light and poured the unflavored Unjury in it, and OMG what in the world was that? it smelled sooo bad and unflavored my behind it tasted like crap, im sorry that was more gross then the Atkins shake i was drinking, i just needed more Protein and thought hey its unflavored, NEVER AGAIN has anyone else tried this?? and the smell was puktred if thats a word...LOL if i dont get control of these shakes i am getting from lack of food i dont know what will happen, its the shakes you get when your surgar is below 70 i am not diabetic but i am insulin resistant cause of pcos and i dont like feeling like this, i am so glad i go to the Dr for some pre-op testing on Friday

I was banded monday 12/7. On full liquids today. I know what you mean by all the sweet stuff! My friend got a Soup from a mex cafe and strained it for me and she ate the other stuff. It was so good!!! Yeah, her stuff looked good, but I really want to loose weight.

I have found peppermint tea in the am great for the stomach upset. It is just saying, "hey what's going on? I was way bigger a couple days ago!"

I am glad I told people as they are calling and coming over to see how I am doing. It makes me feel SO good!

So I go to weigh myself today even though my Dr. told me not to. I weigh-in at 331. I do a double take get off the scale change the batteries re-calibrate it and get back on. 331. You don't understand I weighed-in at 350 at the hospital right before the surgery 5 days ago!!!!! That means I have lost 19 lbs. in 5 days! I can't believe it. I know I feel well and I am very hydrated as I drink lots of liquids. I don't exercise not yet anyways all the exercise I do is walk around the house. I am shocked. Is this normal? Has anybody else gotten these kind of results? I go in to see my Dr. tomorrow and I hope to weigh 330. I take multi-vitamins and have kept up with my post-op diet. I am so shocked right now. My wife even mentioned that my stomach has gone down as I carry all my excess weight around that region. Should I be concerned???? Or just reap in the benefits of the Lap-Band?

19 in less than a week? I want to say reap the benifits, since you're going to the dr tomorrow s/he'll tell you tomorrow if something is wrong with that. That is awesome.

Thanks...thats what i did tonight, i had some skinless chicken tenders i baked with some lemon pepper on it and had 1.5 just to calm me down, nothing like out shopping all day, the sights and smells of the holidays the stress of people all were getting me down...i wanted a cesear salad sooooo bad today from Applebees but i said no and cried, OVER A SALAD...LOL

I'm only on day 3 and feel the same way you do... I'm hoping things get better... I've got to get a grip on this hunger!! I've got head aches, a growling stomach and no energy to do anything... The 20th can't come soon enough!!

The last 2 days have been really bad for me. It hasn't helped that every time I try to eat something, like oatmeal, or Jello or drink a shake at work I'm interupted and by the time I get back to my desk its cold/warm. I've missed Breakfast and or lunch for 2 days and I just can't catch up on my Protein. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

Wow Sal,

19 lbs. That's awesome. I don't have the surgery so I am onlyspeaking from the perception of others profiles that I've read. I think each person is different.

1. men lose faster and more efficiently then woman.

2. You are on liquids for the most part, and that certainlyhelps.

3. You were already a huge Water drinkers, that's certainly an added bonus

4. Your metabolism is picking up and trying to adjust to your body going into starvation mode.

so even though you are technially getting the nurtients, its still a change from what you normally ate.

All that to say, I think it is normal and you will see fluctuation as your body adjust.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

I've had a major set back. My doc, doens't except in -network benefits, and my insurance only does innetwork. The office didn't even want to give me a referral for anothyer doc, even though, it was there oversight when I originally gave them my card. So now I don't know when I am going to be banded, and I found out I am pregnant, yesterday so that certainly didn't help...

I am at 10am tomorrow.

How are u doing? I'm at the hospital right now. I decided to stay the night and go in the morning.

I feel great. Just have a bit of gas pain on the left shoulder and the port is a tiny bit tender.

Hope you and whoever else had surgery is doing good!