Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

I will ask for really potent nausea meds when i leave ntohing like having that feeling and affraid to throw up cause your affraid to bust a stitch, i will never forget that, along with coughing, things i reemmber from the gall bladder surgery should help me with this..ask for nausea meds, cough med...LOL i also have about an hour ride home from the hospital where i will be staying and i remember hitting bumps hurt as well, i had a pillow over my belly....ahhh sweet memories..when i had that done my hubby was on a 6mo med cruise in the navy so a friend helped out poor soul...LOL

I am required to stay 24 hours after surgery as well. Every Dr. Does not do it as out-patient. I am not too excited having to stay overnight, but if it is what I have to do then I won't fight it!

Day 9 of my pre surgery Optifast liquid and I am dying to know if I have lost any weight but I am sure I have since its 800 calories and I havent cheated once! I get weighed in on Monday for surgery on Thursday.

Just curious how much people are figuring to loose pre surgery if you are on liquid?

Good Morning, December Bandsters! I looking forward to my surgery date on December 21, 2010. Ready for the new year and a better way of life. Everyone have a great day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and thought I would join in on the December Bandsters.

I just received a call from my Dr and my surgery will be this Saturday or Sunday. He will call me tomorrow to confirm the date!

I need to have my gall bladder out and have been waiting to hear from the insurance company for approval. I will be funding the band. I will also be required to stay a night after the operation.

I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

I don't live in the US and I don't think there is much support where I live, so I will be relying on virtual support from the forums.

I look forward to reading about everyone's experiences.

This liquid diet is killing me!!! day 2 and i think i am gonna die!!! i think i threw every bit of broth i had yesterday up last night, i was so sick to my stomach last night i went to bed at 10pm today is not as bad but i am starving!!! so my support team (husband) ticked me off as i come out of the bathroom, he said well let me guess you are gonna give up? and i think to myself you know how many times i have been threw a diet only to fail? thats the way i feel now, i am so sick, nauseated, dizzy i havent cheated cept for last night when i was so sick and hungry i had a piece of deli ham i mean it was Protein with being 98% fat free i needed something, i wanted and craved a salad soooo bad i wish i can have one, or something, i DONT want to FAIL but it feels like someone took my best friend away, i feel i am in mourning....

Hello December Bandsters... I found out today that my surgery date will be Dec. 17th and I am to start my pre-op diet tomorrow!! I am so excited and so freaked out.. Not exactly ready for my pre-op diet but happy to have a December date!! I am so ready to kick off the new year with a great start to a healthier me!

Pray for me, please!!!!!! I go in tomorrow at 11:15am and I am so nervous and anxious. Will post the results as soon as I can. Take care you all.

Pray for me, please!!!!!! I go in tomorrow at 11:15am and I am so nervous and anxious. Will post the results as soon as I can. Take care you all.

Good Luck!! I go in on the 8th!! Excited for us all!!!

Hello,

Well, I am an official bandster! I had my surgery this AM and was home by 12;30. I feel great and everything went perfectly. I asked how my liver looked and the anesthesiologist and surgeon said it looked thin and healthy. ;) I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time! I didn't even know I had a hiatal hernia and my surgeon didn't either. I have not had reflux or heartburn problems at all which are the usual symptoms! So hey, two surgeries for the price of one. I asked and received a bit of anti-nausea med in the recovery room which completely stopped my mild nausea. I did not vomit. My pain is minimal. I took liquid tylenol at 2 PM and 1/2 of a pain pill at 6PM. I am walking easily around the house, drinking plenty of Clear liquids and feel quite good! :D

Sal~ You are in my prayers!

Renee~ During the pre-op diet if I was STARVING I ate lean Protein, which is carb free. One day I felt really yucky and had one piece of ww toast. Hang in there!

Hello to the new December bandsters!!

Joan

Hi all! Just popping in to tell you all that I Have joined the ranks of the newly banded!!! My surgery was this morning and I am still in the hospital (my Dr requires an overnight stay) but should be discharged tomorrow afternoon. The surgery went well and so far I'm not in too much pain. I did have anti nausea drugs after surgery and I have a morphine pump for pain if I need it -so far, I have only needed it a few times.

Good luck to all of you having surgery tomorrow!

Hello everyone! I'm happy to have found this forum. I finished my nutrition visits in October and then there seemed to have been a problem with the insurance company approving me. I pretty much figured that I wasn't going to get approved until I received a call from the doctor's office last week before Thanksgiving to schedule a surgery date! I'm scheduled for next Friday - 12/10!!!!

I'm excited, nervous, anxious and a whole bunch of other adjectives I can't even think of right now. I want to say I enjoyed reading this board from the beginning and to those that had surgery on Wednesday and today, I hope all went well :) Good luck to those that start their new ADVENTURE on life, tomorrow and the rest of December, too.

I was only told to go on a liquid diet next Thursday, but I'm doing high Protein now anyway. I have the worst time at night. I get these after dinner munchies, so I'm trying real hard to curb them with lots of Water. Thankfully, I love Water.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to reading this board throughout the month and gaining some more insight on what to expect.

Good to hear that everyone is doing so well after their surgeries. I am so excited and nervous about this surgery. I am so glad to hear how well people are feeling, i will make sure to ask for some anti nausea meds after surgery. Only on my 2nd day for preop diet and have been feeling nauseous most of the night. i will be banded on dec 8 so only 6 more days.

Hello all december peeps. I was supposed to be banded in november however my primary doc took to long to get everything in order so now I'm scheduled for december 27 its a late christmas gift.

December 27th is my tentative date as well! Now just awaiting the approval...:blink: