Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

I go tomorrow morning to the dietitian. I haven't heard anything about a pre-op diet either. Unless she'll tell me tomorrow. When I met with the surgeon a couple weeks ago, he didn't tell me to change anything. Weird. I've also had all my testing done last Friday, so maybe the dietitian will tell me to do a diet tomorrow. :blink:

Also...I don't get the new forum layout. AT. ALL. <_<

I hear today when our surgery (my wife and I) will be. Hoping the surgeon can squeeze is in for December so we can be December Bandsters.

I'm scheduled for December 15th and it can't come soon enough! First I have to have my gal bladder removed on December 1st and then its Protein diet until the 15th. Is anyone else getting their gal bladder removed? Its kinds freaking me out that I am going to have two sugeries back to back like this.

I had my gal bladder out about 2 years ago and it wasn't so bad, I was sore for a few days but nothing major.

I'm having my band done on December 14th.

I am being banded on Dec. 8th! Super excited, ready to get things rolling to better my life!

Amy my Dr is making me due the 2wk pre0op diet which i start on the 1st...i cant believe he is not having you do it, i take it, it shrinks the liver to make it easier to do the surgery, thats what i gathered..

I just picked up my Optifast today. Start tomorrow for 2 weeks. Will be banded on 12/9. My Dr. will not perform surgery unless you do Optifast for 2 weeks prior to surgery. He will cancel the procedure if I do not lose weight. But on 800 calories per day I am guessing I will loose 15-20 lbs.

I'm going to throw this out there, incase anyone digs the Starbucks iced green tea latte's like I do.

Granted, I haven't had to start the Protein Drinks yet...but I've been testing running a couple so I'm not drinking poop flavored liquid for a week. blink.gif

I went on Amazon and got a lb bag of matcha powder (the stuff that makes the green tea; green tea). Hokay, so I mix about a 1/5 cup of that with some Splenda in a 20 oz tumbler with no-fat milk. Then I take my scoop of Any-Whey flavorless Protein Powder and mix it into oblivion.

I have to say, it's not IDENTICAL to the starbucks latte, but it's pretty damn close. The only calories in it are from the sweetner, milk and Protein. It's pretty darn low too.

I've read a lot of people hating the flavor of the protein drinks by the end of things, so I figured I'd share that. biggrin.gif

I am schedualed for Dec 8th! I'm so excited. I start my pre-op diet on saturday!! :lol:

(i can't multi-quote)

Docs*wife!!! I'm the 8th too!! HIGHFIVE thumbsup.gif

Got my surgery date today! My band date is December 21, 2010. Really excited and stunned at the same time. What mixed emotions. Start my Preop diet on the 10th. Ready to go! December Bandsters unite!

Hi all,

Andrea~ You are inventive with your shake idea!

I bought the Jillian Michael shakes from Walmart. I bought the chocolate and vanilla. They are both pretty good. I am also allowed to have SF Jello and pudding, some fruit and Peanut Butter. The fruit and PB can be added to the shakes but can also be eaten alone. I am trying to exercise daily or so to help get me as strong as possible before surgery, plus I am taking my Vitamins daily. I am hungry but OK.

I am planning to eat a small meal with my family on Thanksgiving instead of a shake only. What are others who are on the preop diet gonna do on Thanksgiving?

I ordered Rite Size smoothies, and they are delicious. Taste just like a milkshake. It has appemine which is suppose to be an appetite suppressant. So far so good. The Spendaberry flavor I like and I add a scoop of the Protein powder because the smoothie only has 9 grams of protein.

I mix with about 5 ice cubes or 1/2 cup of crushed ice. Fantastic.....

I ordered Rite Size smoothies, and they are delicious. Taste just like a milkshake. It has appemine which is suppose to be an appetite suppressant. So far so good. The Spendaberry flavor I like and I add a scoop of the Protein powder because the smoothie only has 9 grams of protein.

I mix with about 5 ice cubes or 1/2 cup of crushed ice. Fantastic.....

I finally ordered some samples of Protein powders today. I also plan to go a store and pick up some premade ones to try. I had tried the Bariatric Advantage ones and could not swallow more than a couple sips. I also need to get the Isopure ones for the liquid portion of the diet.

I have my last appointment on the 30th and hopefully will get a date then, and they will submit my paperwork to the insurance company. I can't wait to start a new life, I am so done with this one.

:DWOW our little Dec banded group has grown !! Welcome all !!! I did go c the nutrionist today.she didnt tell me to do the 2 week diet but I think I am going to do it on my own. I was told to start picking up the workouts. I tried only one pre made protien shake it was pemire it was tasty... I need to get ready the 13th will be here faster then a blink of an eye...

hope everyone enjoys the turkey.....just think we will all be NEW next year at this time :D

Amy