Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

Cute! I like sharing a bit of info :w00t:

Name: Andrea

Band Date: December 8th

Start weight: 304

Current weight: 295

Goal weight: 160

Favorite exercise: swimming (I was a competitive swimmer in grade school through high school.)

Occupation: clinical medical writer for the place that makes the EAS Protein Drinks :blushing: DISCOUNT!!

Hobbies: watching movies, camping, shopping (hopefully soon for cutier clothes), vacationing in the mountains, beading, taking our dogs to the dog park and letting them run like maniacs :) :sneaky:

Hi again,

I hope everyone is having a great day as we count down to our band dates!

Hi to Shawns, Kathy, Vicky and Andrea! Thanks for sharing!

I have been a part of another online (not lap band) diet group for over a year and I have enjoyed and benefitted from my online friends. I think we can really help each other as we start this new chapter in our lives all in the same month! No one can relate to our experiences as well as those going through it at the same time. I have a friend/neighbor who was banded 2 plus years ago and she is a great support, too.:blushing:

Joan

Right now is the time to stock up on broth, since alot of people use broth for thier Thanksgiving meal Walmart here in FL for the big broth is 1.50 and the cans are bogo im stocking up whenever i see bogo cant have pudding in my pre0op diet so i have strated to stock up on the Jello gonna order the Unjury samples toorrow i hop they are better...

Name: Dawn

Band Date: December 15th

Start weight: 265

Current weight: 260

Goal weight: 160

Favorite exercise: Walking

Hobbies: Shopping, laying in the Florida sun, and when i am super skinny i wanna be able to run and play with my 7yr old son

Dawn we have alot in comon, im 36 band date dec 13th start weight was 265 i am now 257 . i live in NJ so no nice sun here..its been cold and windy :blushing:

i just joined a gym so i can do Water workouts.

i do walk with my 13 year old. she told my Dr the last visit that she dosnt think I need this surgery..he talked to her as if she was getting it done. explained why we get the lap band what it will do for us. she is ok with it now... I didnt tell my 21year old yet. he lives on his own and is very good friends with my x (his dad) i didnt want my x to know.. i sometimes feel bad that I havnt told him but I dont want the drama from the x... so i dont know.....i do know I CANT WAIT !!!!

Amy:thumbup:

I'm scheduled for the 8th of December and I am so excited!!!

Dawn we have alot in comon, im 36 band date dec 13th start weight was 265 i am now 257 . i live in NJ so no nice sun here..its been cold and windy :w00t:

i just joined a gym so i can do Water workouts.

i do walk with my 13 year old. she told my Dr the last visit that she dosnt think I need this surgery..he talked to her as if she was getting it done. explained why we get the LAP-BAND® what it will do for us. she is ok with it now... I didnt tell my 21year old yet. he lives on his own and is very good friends with my x (his dad) i didnt want my x to know.. i sometimes feel bad that I havnt told him but I dont want the drama from the x... so i dont know.....i do know I CANT WAIT !!!!

Amy:thumbup:

I also live in NJ. I don't have a date yet, but my doc said if everything is in, maybe the last week in December. Very excited. I am getting my band done at St. Barnabus by Dr. Nuasbaum and his team. :blushing:

Amy where in NJ are you? i was born and raised in NJ, southern cumberland co..so i am 100% Jersey girl....moved to FL in 2001 when my hubby was med discharged from the Navy

I'm scheduled for December 15th and it can't come soon enough! First I have to have my gal bladder removed on December 1st and then its Protein diet until the 15th. Is anyone else getting their gal bladder removed? Its kinds freaking me out that I am going to have two sugeries back to back like this.

I had my Gall Bladder out about 10yrs ago...i cannot believe you have to pretty much undergo this twice, you are gonna be so sore...they say the surgery is like having your gall bladder removed but 2 times in a month, yuck

I just received my insurance approval this morning.:) I am hoping for December 2nd surgery but the only person who can schedule my surgery is out on Fridays - so I guess I will find out my surgery date for sure on Monday.

Hello and TGIF!!

I had my pre-op appt. today and received my shopping and diet guidelines. The Jillian Michael shake mix at Walmart meets the nutritional requirements for less than half the price of the Bariatric shakes. I also bought sugar free Jello and pudding plus V-8 juice. For post op I bought broth, liquid adult tylenol, gas-x, and Centrum chewable adult Vitamins. I have had the last soda of my life! :) My practitioner prescribes oral pain meds and anti nausea skin cream for at home use post op. I am excited and scared all in one!

Have a great day, Joan

Hello Dawn, I am in south Jersey burlington county.

does your doc want you to do a 2-3 week liquid diet before hand ? my dr said no need to do so. but i am wondering if it makes a big diffrence on the weight loss after banded?!?!:thumbup:

I find myself eatting things now that i havent realy ate before but now I know I wont be able to eat them again I am :)

Amy my Dr is making me due the 2wk pre0op diet which i start on the 1st...i cant believe he is not having you do it, i take it, it shrinks the liver to make it easier to do the surgery, thats what i gathered..