Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear liquid diet...SUCKS!!!

I am preparing myself for my pre-op tomorrow, and I am excited and nervous...I've been on the hunt for a good Protein Shake, and I've been taking 2 shakes a day for the past 3 days. Today I've been feeling super blah...not really hungry, but no energy...I know the liquid diet is going to be hard - I know this whole thing is going to be hard...but I have to do it. I was going through all the posts here, and Fluffy - I wish you a speedy recovery. My surgery is scheduled for the 25th, and I can't wait! Please keep us posted as to how things are coming along - I am cheering for you!!! You too Tabitha Lynn...

I am preparing myself for my pre-op tomorrow, and I am excited and nervous...I've been on the hunt for a good Protein shake, and I've been taking 2 shakes a day for the past 3 days. Today I've been feeling super blah...not really hungry, but no energy...I know the liquid diet is going to be hard - I know this whole thing is going to be hard...but I have to do it. I was going through all the posts here, and Fluffy - I wish you a speedy recovery. My surgery is scheduled for the 25th, and I can't wait! Please keep us posted as to how things are coming along - I am cheering for you!!! You too Tabitha Lynn...

Thanks Alot!! Best of luck to you as well. I drank the EAS Carb Controll shakes from Wal-Mart. Mixed them with some crushed ice, a little bit of milk and plain yogurt in the blender and they were pretty good. Now its no mac n cheese but after all mac n cheese is what got me here..:) They are low in carbs and sugar. Plus when you add the milk and plain yogurt that gives you a little more Protein. Hope this helps.. Keep us posted on how your doing!!

A word about post-op. follow the dr directions, this is the time you can loose lots of weight. When you get to the non clear foods try Egg Drop Soup, lots of protiene. Also

I was not really that hungry those first few weeks it was more head hunger and having that feeling that I would never be able to eat again. I wish I had someone wispering in my ear: { You will be able to eat } So just take your time and follow the path, do not push real foods too soon, you will get to them eventually so take your time.

Thanks for posting!! I needed to read this because I had already determined I was going to try some "real" food as soon as possible. I need to just stay on track and do what the dr. says. I go today to get the time of my surgery tomorrow and I will follow dr. orders. Thanks again. I want to loose as much as possinble while I can. Congrats on your weight loss.

Thanks Alot!! Best of luck to you as well. I drank the EAS Carb Controll shakes from Wal-Mart. Mixed them with some crushed ice, a little bit of milk and plain yogurt in the blender and they were pretty good. Now its no mac n cheese but after all mac n cheese is what got me here..:) They are low in carbs and sugar. Plus when you add the milk and plain yogurt that gives you a little more Protein. Hope this helps.. Keep us posted on how your doing!!

Thanks for this idea, they are my favorite for cold stuff, I like the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth also, just wish you could make it hotter. I start preop Nov. 3rd.

Hang in there. I was banded last Friday in the afternoon. Still on clear liquid diet...

Was wheeled into the theater and remember asking the surgeon if the anesthetics will take my headache away.. lol

so I had my pre-op today, and I came home with my mind swimming with all this info and even more super duper excited :). I am now exactly 10 days away from surgery and just getting ready for what's to come. Tomorrow is the first "official" day of my twice a day Protein Shakes and a small high Protein low carb meal. I will keep everyone posted as to what shakes I really enjoyed. More to come soon :)

Surgery is scheduled for in the morning. I have to be there at 7:30 and actually I am the only one on the books for banding so they said I should be back pretty quick. Umm I am a little nervous. Ok Ok alot nervous.. I would have been fine if they hadnt told me my hemaglobin was low. She said that was nothing to worry about unless I have excess bleeding.. Then a blood transfusion is required..Well.....The dr said it was fine to go ahead with the surgery. You know we sure do put alot of faith in these drs. I appreciate all prayers and I will update you asap.. Good luck with you all that started the liquid diet. The first couple days are the worst.. You CAN do IT!!

I am just finishing up my 2 week post of liquid diet(I also had 2 weeks of Clear liquids before surgery). My Dr didnt allow yogurt or sf pudding. The closest to normal I got (besides the clear soup) was sf Jello and sf popsicles.

My next phase is 4 weeks of pureed/mushes. I have to admit I am thinking of staying on liquids another week because I have made slow but steady progress while on liquids only.

The first few days are the worst, but after that you accept the limitations and make due.

i am just finishing up my 2 week post of liquid diet(i also had 2 weeks of Clear Liquids before surgery). My dr didnt allow yogurt or sf pudding. The closest to normal i got (besides the clear soup) was sf Jello and sf popsicles.

My next phase is 4 weeks of pureed/mushes. I have to admit i am thinking of staying on liquids another week because i have made slow but steady progress while on liquids only.

The first few days are the worst, but after that you accept the limitations and make due.

thanks for info.....do you work? If so, how long were you off? Thanks, janey

So I am on day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet...I have to admit, yesterday was by far the worse. Being the weekend and all, I was trying to keep myself occupied, but I was so cranky and grumpy...I have to keep a close eye on my blood glucose because being on this diet means no carbs, and since I take insulin, my sugar can bottom out at any given time.

Man - the only saving grace is that since Thursday, I've lost 6 lbs. I keep telling myself I'm worth all of this - all of this is for the greater good...and if was supposed to be easy, it wouldn't be called work, but damn...this is rough.

Well said Bayareanan, that's exactly it you get used to it and accept your limitations. In my mind I compare it to someone who loses a leg (I know that's a drastic comparison) my point is the body adjusts and compensates for the loss. we get used to things. and our health will be improved. best wishes !

Well said Bayareanan, that's exactly it you get used to it and accept your limitations. In my mind I compare it to someone who loses a leg (I know that's a drastic comparison) my point is the body adjusts and compensates for the loss. we get used to things. and our health will be improved. best wishes !

I am in Santa Maria, Ca. :thumbup: looking at surg in Jan/11. I will be 50. have you had yours yet? thanks, JA

Hi Oceangirl16, my name is Carmen. Yes I had my surgery on Sept 13, 2010.