Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Alright Moni, you are killing me, really? 25-30 carbs, wow, that is impressive, I shoot for 60 and feel great if I make that.

you have to share what your typical meal day looks like?

I can't imagine. Especially because some days I try to do less meat, like I probably do vegetarian like 3 times a week, and those days of course the carbs are higher, many years of being a vegetarian, and even a vegan, and now I see that probably had something / well a lot to do with my constant weight gain.

anyway I'm dying to hear if you are willing to share.

Hi Lisa, Here is my journal for yesterday... I really don't track Water in this... that I keep in my head. Also I am really tight in the AM so I eat less... again this was yesterday. I consumed 860 calories, burned 650 (Sunday I work out like crazy), Carbs : 29.7 and Protein: 92.0 which keep me FULL all day. I treat fruits like Desserts when I need my sweet fix. Hope this helps.

Today's food Log

Food Name Serving Size Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g)

Egg, whole, boiled 1large 77 5.3 0.6 6.3

coffee 1mug (8 fl oz) 2 0.0 0.1 0.3

tuna, canned, Water 1can (6.5 oz), 194 1.4 0.0 42.6

KRAFT mayo Light 1tbsp 50 4.9 1.3 0.1

Watermelon, raw 0.5cup 23 0.1 5.7 0.5

cheese, Swiss 2slice (1 oz) 215 15.8 3.1 15.3

Beef goulash w/ potatoes 1cup 298 12.4 19.0 27.0

Total 860 39.9 29.7 92.0

so Moni, do you take synthetic Fiber. I just get so backed up if I don't have a lot of fiber, so I do a lot of raw veggies, which don't hurt the calories, but much fiber adds some to the carbs. this is where I have trouble with the hardcore low carb. I'm just wondering if you deal with this at all.

so Moni, do you take synthetic Fiber. I just get so backed up if I don't have a lot of fiber, so I do a lot of raw veggies, which don't hurt the calories, but much fiber adds some to the carbs. this is where I have trouble with the hardcore low carb. I'm just wondering if you deal with this at all.

I take it in my Water ... I take the CVS Natural Fiber Supplement... but I only take one a day... it is 20 calories, 5 total carbs (3g dietary fiber and 2g soluble fiber) but I forgot to add it that day to my log... I really don't have a ton of issues going # 2. You have to think of it this way... we are eating a ton less so we will go less. Of course if it has been 3 days and nothing then take something to make you go and add more fiber. I don't need more... my body got used to just 1 supplement and I go once a day. My doc says I'm good that way I am doing it. I do eat veggies I just didn't eat them that day.

Actually today I have an appointment because I think my band might be to tight. I have been experiencing some Acid Reflux at night while asleep for the past 2 nights. To the point that it wakes me up, so my doc asked me to come in and have it checked. He said most likely I will get an unfill. Right now I am at 4.5cc so I am a little sad that I will lose my restriction, I am really happy with the level I have now.

I will let you know what happens.

Moni

Hi Everyone...

Just got back from the doc with 1cc less in my band =( I have a dilated pouch. So I am on liquids for a week, then mushy foods, then two days of liquids and then back to the docs office to check my band again.

SO, if you EVER feel acid reflux... don't think about it... just make the call and go in. My doc said if I continued like this for another week I could of slipped my band... I couldn't believe it. Remember to listen to your body... I knew something was not right... I'm so glad I called and went in.

So now I am at 3.5cc and if everything is ok when I go back they will give me .5cc and then go from there.

I have to stay focused and eat like I have 4.5cc... I just hope to not gain any weight.

Feeling a little down... but still motivated...

Take Care,

Moni

i'm so glad you went, very smart advice.

ok so yo yo but I'm averaging below 235 finally, it looks like this 233 236 234 235 233. this is how it goes with me

my Water is not where i want it to be

I'm doing zumba as I was getting bored with jogging

and I'm doing a couple days with the dumbbells and other things at my desk

still hoping to be at 220 by 9/27

hope you all are doing well.

Ok, I need to vent to someone...I went in and had fluoro fill on Monday of last week...everything went great. I was eating and drinking just fine until yesterday. Then yesterday afternoon I woke up from a nap and couldn't drink Water without severe epigastric pain. It takes FOREVER for a sip of water to go down. I think my band has slipped. I'm so frustrated I'm ready to tell my surgeon when I go in that I either want him to do a revision or just take it out all together. Depressed, discouraged and angry describes me lately. I haven't lost any weight to speak of since December...so what's the point in having it if I can't lose with it??? UGH!

oh no pookey, I had a mentor who had her band for years, had a fill, and 4 months lateer couldn't keep her own spit down, it hadn't slipped, she got some taken out. it turrned out ok. are you stressed at all, even if it did slip the sooner you get in and get the pressur off the better, the less irritation, hang in there girl, at least with the flouro they know what it all looked like before for a baseline.

Ok so after venting and complaining this morning, I woke up to a completely different day. I have been able to drink and eat without any problems! Who knows, I guess I just have a very finicky band...Gonna play it by ear and see how this thing goes...

hope it's ok, maybe since you just got filled it might be a good time to track you food, and your ecercise. see what your carbs cals and Protein are.

Hi All!! My Banding birthday is 9/10/10. I have lost almost 90lbs. I had really hoped to have lost 100 lbs in my first year but it doesn't look like I am gonna hit that goal. I am just going to keep on keeping on and go from there. I have read several posts and am glad to see that it is not just me who eats about a palm full and then 2 hours later feels like they could use a little something protien based of course. I am feeling re-engernized now!!! Good luck to us all!! See you in Twoterville!!

Hi All! I am hanging in there and had hoped to lose 100 pounds by this point as well, but I am close so YAY! I have to admit this is HARDER than I expected. I am closely monitoring all of my calories and hired a personal trainer the last couple of the months. I am so glad I see all the success on this site and I hope to reach 100 soon! :P

Hey all, you guys are so all doing so great, I have inched down to losing 68, I also wanted to be at 100 by this time. You are right about it being harder then I expected, and takes a lot of concentration and effort. I have so many plateaus, and I know i need to change things then but don't and sometimes even that doesn't make a difference. I'm not feeling like a failure, but am tired and trying to up my activity a notch. My anniversary is 9/27 an I"m hoping to make a challenge that by then I will have lost 80 lbs, don't know that it's going to happen but I'm going to keep trying anyway, see how close I can get. One thing is for sure, this is not the easy route, like many think, it is constant work, and being focused on what you eat and exercise, and my biggest problem, Water.

Lisa

Hi fellow Sept 2010 bandsters! It's been awhile since I've checked in. I have been busy starting a new life. I have great news to share...I've made it to one-der land! I'm currently the lightest I've been in 20 years....half of my life....all of my marriage! I feel like a new woman.

I have read so many posts and wanted to share some of my thoughts. First, for those of you who have not lost as much as you had hoped, I too feel like I should have lost more, but I have to stay focused. One thing I tend to focus on when I start feeling that way is that prior to banding I did a lot of yo-yo dieting and this tiime when it comes off, it stays off. Sure as a woman I get the up and down between 2-3 lbs., but never go way back up. That's something to celebrate! When I tend to think negative thoughts, I tend to go back to negative habits (my brain wasn't banded)!

Since I hae been banded I do all I can to stay positive. I do things I would never dare do before to remind myself that I am a new woman. Right after I was banded, I went back to college. I never finished my BA because I used to tell myself that no matter how many degrees I earned, my image would keep me from getting the job of my dreams. As I went through classes and struggled with homework on top of a full time job, I reminded myself that I was worth it and pictured myself in those cute little business outfits in the store front windows. I finished my degree with a 4.0 GPA (Summa Cum Laude) two weeks ago. In two weeks, just 2 short days before my "bandiversity" I begin my new career in my dream job.

This weekend I went to a theme park with my family and for the first time, I got on rides with them because I finally fit! Yesterday I went to the mall with my daughter and her friends and I fit in clothes from the teen store! Look, I still have 45 lbs to go, but I'm experiencing life every step of the way so I can Celebrate the new lease I've been given in life. This had made all the difference in my weight loss so I encourage each of you to set a goal of celebrating your new life and enjoy the litle things as you reach for the bigger things.

Blessings!

Hi fellow Sept 2010 bandsters! It's been awhile since I've checked in. I have been busy starting a new life. I have great news to share...I've made it to one-der land! I'm currently the lightest I've been in 20 years....half of my life....all of my marriage! I feel like a new woman.

I have read so many posts and wanted to share some of my thoughts. First, for those of you who have not lost as much as you had hoped, I too feel like I should have lost more, but I have to stay focused. One thing I tend to focus on when I start feeling that way is that prior to banding I did a lot of yo-yo dieting and this tiime when it comes off, it stays off. Sure as a woman I get the up and down between 2-3 lbs., but never go way back up. That's something to celebrate! When I tend to think negative thoughts, I tend to go back to negative habits (my brain wasn't banded)!

Since I hae been banded I do all I can to stay positive. I do things I would never dare do before to remind myself that I am a new woman. Right after I was banded, I went back to college. I never finished my BA because I used to tell myself that no matter how many degrees I earned, my image would keep me from getting the job of my dreams. As I went through classes and struggled with homework on top of a full time job, I reminded myself that I was worth it and pictured myself in those cute little business outfits in the store front windows. I finished my degree with a 4.0 GPA (Summa Cum Laude) two weeks ago. In two weeks, just 2 short days before my "bandiversity" I begin my new career in my dream job.

This weekend I went to a theme park with my family and for the first time, I got on rides with them because I finally fit! Yesterday I went to the mall with my daughter and her friends and I fit in clothes from the teen store! Look, I still have 45 lbs to go, but I'm experiencing life every step of the way so I can Celebrate the new lease I've been given in life. This had made all the difference in my weight loss so I encourage each of you to set a goal of celebrating your new life and enjoy the litle things as you reach for the bigger things.

Blessings!