Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Man, came home from work and there was a red liquid in a cup right next to the juicer, thought the hubby had made some beet carrot juice for me. took a big swig- nope my son's pain water- duh. Thats how desperate I've become. Oh well

On a positive note, Protein Shakes and kefir, I could make it from one meal to the next without thinking I was going to pass out. Hurrah!

Hi Lilkrazykat !

So how was it ? Getting filled ? Did they use the Flouroscope / X-ray or just poke around ?

I get my first fill in a couple of weeks.

-Brian :thumbup:

Brian!

Hey it wasnt as bad as I thought. She just poked around a little and got it. I was relieved. its so much easier after the fill. My appetite is soooooooo much less. Thank goodness! Now just dreading the work thing soon. lol I go back Sunday.

:thumbup:

Hey girlie, sounds like your sutures are pulling. Mine did that, and now, I'm 6 wks post op and they finally about a week ago stopped pulling. Once they dissolve, you won't get that feeling anymore. You're not having any redness or streaking around the incisions are you? That would be signs of infection....

There is a bit of redness around it, but less every day. Thanks for sharing. I told my manager I was going to come in with sweat pants, as the band on my pants was sitting right on it. It will be a month post op for me, and I still have the dermabod on. I will give it another week- my next appt is 10/15 and keep a close eye. Thanks for calming me down.

Brian!

Hey it wasnt as bad as I thought. She just poked around a little and got it. I was relieved. its so much easier after the fill. My appetite is soooooooo much less. Thank goodness! Now just dreading the work thing soon. lol I go back Sunday.

:thumbup:

Thanks for telling us! Wheeh a load off my mind. I think I experienced some restriction today (for the first time). I had some baked Beans and all of a sudden I kept burping, like it wanted to come back up. I sat there for a few moments then had to swallow some Water, as I didn't want to barf. Let us know how going back to work went, I follow on 10/15 hopefully with my first fill too.

Man, came home from work and there was a red liquid in a cup right next to the juicer, thought the hubby had made some beet carrot juice for me. took a big swig- nope my son's pain water- duh. Thats how desperate I've become. Oh well

On a positive note, Protein Shakes and kefir, I could make it from one meal to the next without thinking I was going to pass out. Hurrah!

Beet carrot juice?? Sounds interesting. Glad you made it, I went grocery shopping today and it was difficult not to buy some ice cream, or Creamer for the coffee. We have to do this for our health and our families. Keep up the good work.

Hi MissJoany !

Great Job toughing it out ! That is awesome you threw out the Klondike Bar... I also did a job " Sanitizing " my home of all bad food. It is a lot easier when the temptation isn't there.

As for your Doctor... do you still have time to fill out the Disability forms and turn them in ? I already got my first check and hopefully will get my second check soon. I am lucky in that I get the maximum amount available but I did lose the first week as a waiting period.

Hopefully All is well and I wish you the best.

-Brian :thumbup:

I got a letter today from Met Life saying my claim was cancelled due to not receiving info from the doctor. Will call them tomorrow because Dr's. Office promised to send everything off yesterday. I have 180 days to file an appeal, so I should have time (sheesh if the Doctor can't fill out the paperwork in 6 months there is definitely something wrong - hahaha).

Today I went grocery shopping. In the past, on grocery day, I would buy myself some treats: ice cream, Cookies, pizza, chips and dip, etc. Once a week then, I would have something. This week I can have meatloaf so my treat was a Healthly Choice meatloaf dinner, with potatoes and corn. What a difference. I thought about Creamer for coffee, but said nope, not worth it: 25 calories a tablespoon. Well I am off to make my frozen dinner, can't wait!! I am trying to set up my new pedometer, it took me 15 minutes to get it out of that plastic wrap! Grrr.

:thumbup:Hi, I was banded September 28th, and I am on full liquid for another week. I was eating 1/2 cup every 2-3 hours until today when I was permitted to have 1 cup every 2-3 hours. The question I have is does anyone feel beyond exhausted, and how are you dealing with it? I went back to work the Friday after surgery, but throughout the day I have that, I'm so exhausted I'm drunk feeling. I can barely make it past 9 pm before I fall asleep. I'm making sure I get 80 grams of Protein a day and am not really hungry throughout the day. I've also lost 11 pounds since the 28th. I'm just not sure what to do about the horrible lightheadedness and exhaustion. I'm going to call my dietition tomorrow, but I'd love to hear any advice anyone else might have. Thanks so much!

Hey Brenda/ highlojack, you can have the band and be pregnant, with it all the open, you aren't talking about having it removed are you? that would be a shame.

Oh and also, wow! congratulations, I was single and pregnant at 36 and was very excited. I'm excited for you.

Hey Lisa,

Nope not going to have it removed! I've lost 13lbs since surgery but I suppose that will slow down dramatically, I'm nautious and not eating much at all, but the baby is still growing :thumbup:. thanks for the congrats!

Hello my fellow September Bandsters! I was banded 9/7/10 and TODAY is my one month BANDIVERSARY!!! I went to meet w/the psych and nutritionist today too! So far i've lost 20 pounds in one month! Im BUMMED cuz my doc WOULDN'T FILL ME! I lost most of the weight during post op liquid diet! What should I do?

Hi Brenda.

Wow. What wonderful news! A baby is truly a wonder, whether single or married. The baby will change your life - for the better.

I've heard the band can work with pregnant women. That is what is wonderful about the band - it's flexibility. First, and foremost, speak to your doctor and tell him/her that you are pregnant. When you are pregnant, you don't need to worry about weight loss. That can come in it's own time. Just don't get any fills, feed your baby while you carry and nurse your baby and the band will be ready for you when you are ready to lose weight.

Congratulations!!! Best of luck to both of you!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maxi,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am excited and scared at the same time, but that is to be expected I guess. And thanks, I've contacted all my doctors, everyone is on board. Are you nautious at all? I'm wondering if any of it is due to the band or if it's all the pregnant thing...

thanks again and btw, I've been so nautious that I just now had the energy to get on line, I didn't see this post until tonite :tt2:

high lo you are awesome, this will be so great. 

Miss Joany carrot beet juice is very sweet actually, and full of vitamins, it’s the only way I can get some veggies rightnow- ha ha.

high lo you are awesome, this will be so great. 

Miss Joany carrot beet juice is very sweet actually, and full of vitamins, it’s the only way I can get some veggies rightnow- ha ha.

I will look for it. It sounds yummy.

:thumbup:Hi, I was banded September 28th, and I am on full liquid for another week. I was eating 1/2 cup every 2-3 hours until today when I was permitted to have 1 cup every 2-3 hours. The question I have is does anyone feel beyond exhausted, and how are you dealing with it? I went back to work the Friday after surgery, but throughout the day I have that, I'm so exhausted I'm drunk feeling. I can barely make it past 9 pm before I fall asleep. I'm making sure I get 80 grams of Protein a day and am not really hungry throughout the day. I've also lost 11 pounds since the 28th. I'm just not sure what to do about the horrible lightheadedness and exhaustion. I'm going to call my dietition tomorrow, but I'd love to hear any advice anyone else might have. Thanks so much!

Good you are going to contact your dietician. That is exactly the symptons I had. My dietician told me I needed to eat a bit more, and if I added any Snacks to ensure they had at least 15 G of protein. That really did help with my exhaustion level.

Went for first fill yesterday 10/6 didnt go so well.. Dr couldnt get in port . Going back monday to have it done under floro so hoping that goes well . All in all its been a interesting month ive succeded ive failed and ive laffed and ive cried :tt2:

But whats important is im still doing it , im facing it im not backing down . With a empty band one month 5 days later im down 21lbs and im darn happy with that lol i worked hard for it .

:thumbup: Good job september bandsters :thumbup: