Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is killing me!!

I'm handing out godivia chocolates for the holidays for work. I have in my trunk at least 15 pounds of the stuff.

I have to admitt I opened two tiny boxes (4pcs each - 220 calories each box)

But I am dreading going to work today uuuuuuuggghhhhh!

I'm on a great roll and this is tempting me beyond my control. Help!!!!!!!!!

Debby, don't do it !!!! (instead of Debbydo it lol).

Seriously, its not worth it, remember how far you've come and how something like this might set you flying in the wrong direction. The chocolates will be on this earth far longer than we will, so lets make the best of it.

One thing I try to remember is to taste life and not engulf it. Come on you can do it, I know you can.

Just out of curiosity, where do you work and is it within driving distance? :)

Hang in there! I say, promise yourself two of your favorite chocolates at the end of the day, but not until you've gotten rid of the rest. Good luck!

I hear you Debbie, my boss brought a bunch of homemade Cookies in this morning. Then another team had their Christmas party and handing out all the leftovers...I can resist!!! I have been doing so well this week...I don't want to blow it. So we are all in this together.....say no to chocolate!!! Huggs Debby.

I'm not banded yet, and I stopped making candy years ago when I lost my husband and the kids had left home, but I still buy candy for my dogs' groomers. I had all I could do to get that box there with a ribbon attached without opening it. I'm not doing this anymore. Next year I've decided I'm giving them something healty. Lima Beans is definitely a thought...but do you actually cook them and eat them :rolleyes: chocolate is my biggest downfall. When I'm down or depressed I want that chocolate fix. I don't care much about deserts or breads, but oh I love chocolate. It seems to cure everything except my waistline. Get them all delivered as soon as possible and next yr. think of something else to give besides chocolate :rolleyes:

Try eating a dill pickle. A nutrionist actually suggested this to my Dad, who has the second biggest sweet tooth on earth, I'm number one on that one. It really works pretty well. I only eat the dill chips, like the kind you put on hamburgers, cures me of the want for sweets every time.

I still love chocolate, but it doesn't love me. I'm a diabetic, so I only by the sugar free. They've actually gotten pretty good with those. The Reese's sugar free even have 5 grams of Fiber per serving! Now that's getting your Fiber the easy way, LOL!

If you still insist on the Godiva, allow yourself one piece every night, savor it and then wait until the next night. If you can do this, it will only be 55 calories a pop, not the 220.

We really need to stop torturing ourselves. STOP THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!:-]

Cindy

I agree. I'm all about the - Go ahead and have one tonight, then another tomorrow, etc. Why deprive when it'll send you into binge mode?!?!

I agree to savor 1 or 2, and then leave it at that. It'd satisfy me, but yet I'd feel good about not binging and not depriving myself too.

Good luck!

Don't do it Debby. Just remind yourself how far you've come. THOSE DEADLY CHOCOLATES might send you right back up the scale!!!!!!! NINE more pounds to go!!!!!!

I'm handing out godivia chocolates for the holidays for work. I have in my trunk at least 15 pounds of the stuff.

I have to admitt I opened two tiny boxes (4pcs each - 220 calories each box)

But I am dreading going to work today uuuuuuuggghhhhh!

I'm on a great roll and this is tempting me beyond my control. Help!!!!!!!!!

In my world, there's no such thing as enjoying 1 or 2 (see Jack's post on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, candy candy candy candy candy candy candy, ad infinitum.

Stick with the Lima Beans. No, I don't eat them cooked, either. It's a win-win situation because the receiver now has something to give their inlaws and you don't want to eat the gift you bought.

you guys are way tooo cute. Thanks for the encouragement. Just for the record - the chocolate was certainly not my idea. Yucky fruit cake that I would not think about in traffic would have been my choice.

chocolate free today!!!!!! I think it helped to admit in public this is a huge problem for me. Thanks guys.

OK, I've decide Godiva sucks. Whoo makes this shit anyway??

I have three more days of chocolate ho ho ho and then back to my normal routine.

I am not a failure, merely a mortal who's life revolved around chocolate preband, living with aweful temptation these past two weeks.

I promise you my band sisters and brothers - I will muster the strengeth to find that horse, dust myself off, work my butt off (literally) and get my head back in the game. This is the first time in 7 months I have that out of control feeling and I do not like it one bite. I can't believe my whole life was like this preband.

Enough BS, three more days and then back to me!!!!!!!

You're right, you're not a failure. Most of us would be tempted by choccies sitting in our car, especially in traffic, lol.

Have one or two a day, enjoy them and then employ some serious willpower to ignore them the rest of the time.

We've always overdone it with the kids fundraising chocolates from school - whenever they bring them home everyone in the flipping street is trying to sell them anyway since they all go to the same school and who on earth lets their kids walk round unaccompanied knocking on strangers doors in this day and age? So we usually put the $60 in an envelope, send it back to school and eat ALL the chocolates within a matter of a week, sometimes even a few days. Next time I'm sending the chocolates back to school with a donation and not keeping any. My kids dont need them anymore than Dour or I do.