Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite foods since being banded?

Boston Market's chicken tortilla soup... I don't like chili :wub: although that seems to be very popular for most.

This morning I had a small hamburger patty,fried egg and melted cheddar with lots of mustard. It was the bomb, 59 grams of Protein and only 2 carbs!

I won't worry about anything till dinner (chx @ 59 grams of prot.) and no carbs!

A good day it will be:rolleyes:

~Kelly~:wub:

Every Saturday and Sunday I make a krab and cheddar omelette w/ 1 egg, a few oz of flaked krab, a 2% cheddar cheese stick diced and a splash of Water. It is SO good I wish I had time to make it every morning!

I also love those garlic or sea salt flavored bagel chips found near the deli section. I cannot eat bread so I use those bagel chips with everything! tuna salad, cheese and ham, salmon cream cheese, or anything spreadable.

Edited by Janiece

Made the Turkey Taco Soup for dinner last night and my husband thought is sounded gross. He ended up eating 3 bowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I added

Fresh Cilantro

2 finely chopped jalepenos

1 finely chopped red bell pepper

4 cloves of garlic

used fresh corn not frozen

It was the bast food I have made in a while. It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made that white chicken chili off the Bariatric Eating site last week. It was really good but next time I think I'll add more spice to it. I like spicy. That site has a lot of good recipes for us.

Hormel also has a white chicken chili in a can that is not too bad. I keep it in the cabinet for those days when I don't feel like cooking for myself and need something filing.

I am right there with the Wendy's chili! It is so satisfying to me. I found the recipe for it on line and I will be making some this weekend.

I seem to crave broiled fish now. I ate fish before but now I want it all the time. My tastes have changed over the last year, some things I ate before being banded are not appealing to me anymore, which is a good thing since I was a junk food junkie!

Can you give me the Wendy's chili recipe or give me the link to find it? That would be really awesome.

Now that I have reached my sweet spot I can only manage a Protein shake in the morning, but I must be one of the few who actually likes Protein shakes.

I love a nice salad for lunch, my favorite is spinach with a couple of slices of chopped turkey bacon. I also add slivers of Parmesan cheese (I buy a hunk and use a potato peeler to make long slivers) and I love to add a few dried cranberries. This salad is so flavorful.

I also enjoy salmon, cod and Greek yogurt.

Now that I have reached my sweet spot I can only manage a Protein shake in the morning, but I must be one of the few who actually likes Protein shakes.

I love a nice salad for lunch, my favorite is spinach with a couple of slices of chopped turkey bacon. I also add slivers of Parmesan cheese (I buy a hunk and use a potato peeler to make long slivers) and I love to add a few dried cranberries. This salad is so flavorful.

I am only a week out (and on mushies) but also LOVE my protien drinks. Before the surgery I thought I would never drink them again since I got so tired of them but now that I have the choice I still find myself having 1 or 2 a day, especially when I have a day where I don't feel like eating but know I have to have something.

My mouth is watering thinking about a spinach salad... I use to eat those all the time! I liked to add hard boiled eggs and sunflower seeds to mine. Is 1 week out too soon for spinach??

Hi Mandyrae,

I too love an egg and seeds with my spinach salad and will often add those too.

As to eating salad one week after your surgery I would follow your doctor's diet recommendations. I know I was still on liquids for the first week, then mushies and after that soft foods. Take things slowly and be easy on yourself and you will have no problems (I did and never had any trouble - no PBing etc.) Those good tasting things will still be there when your tummy is ready for them. I wish you all the best.

ribeye steaks - cooked medium.... mashed potatoes and zukkini squash!

And I'm addicted to smoothie King! :thumbup:

What is smoothie king, and where can i get it?

here is the copycat recipe for wendy's chili.

Wendy’s Chili

Please note: While Wendy’s may use grilled hamburger patties, I suggest that home cooks used ground meat for convenience.

2 lbs. fresh ground beef

1 qt. Tomato juice

1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree

1 (15 oz.) can red Beans, drained

1 medium onion (1 1/2 c.), chopped

1/2 C. celery, diced

1/4 C. green pepper, diced

1/4 C. chili powder (you may want to use less, some people find this is too much)

1 tsp. cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)

1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, oregano, sugar

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.

I'm eating pretty much everything I was before but much less. I like steaming up a bunch of cauliflower--chopping it up and adding some veg. broth and cheese. Veg. baked Beans are a great source of Protein and taste good. Every once in awhile something just won't go down and I know right away. I can even eat a half of a subway veggie delite sub with a bag of baked chips. Weird. But I can't eat pita bread at all.

I had some problems at work and had to go to the bathroom and throw up a few times, that was kind of a drag so for lunch I take only things I know for sure are good with going down like greek yogurt, cottage cheese. But then I can eat a bunch of watermelon also.

One thing I have to remember esp. when I go out to eat is just not to order so much. I can't eat a dinner salad and then my meal. I ask for a to go box right away because I just can't eat that much anymore.

I went to lunch today with my brother who had lap band about a year ago. We both got our food and started eating, then we both stopped and just sat there--to slow down and wait. It was kind of funny. I pictured a bunch of lap banders going to dinner, there wouldn't be much action at that table.

here is the copycat recipe for wendy's chili.

Wendy’s Chili

Please note: While Wendy’s may use grilled hamburger patties, I suggest that home cooks used ground meat for convenience.

2 lbs. fresh ground beef

1 qt. Tomato juice

1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree

1 (15 oz.) can red Beans, drained

1 medium onion (1 1/2 c.), chopped

1/2 C. celery, diced

1/4 C. green pepper, diced

1/4 C. chili powder (you may want to use less, some people find this is too much)

1 tsp. cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)

1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, oregano, sugar

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.

Thanks, I can't wait to try it.:thumbup: