Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

G Rose, the PA told me that they reviewed my case and I was a candidate for it. I guess everyone is different. I don't have any other issues like sleep apnea or blood pressure, etc than the weight. I guess you could call the office and ask for Myriam. She is the one who called me. Keep me posted!

Ah. I do have severe apnea. Maybe that's the difference.

lashonda, stay strong! This is something you can do. I'm surprised at how I've been actually able to follow this diet. Make sure you get enough protein! That really helps with hunger. And if you're tempted by real food, try something like salsa without chips instead. We're pulling for you!

I am beginning to realize this pre-op diet is a fast hard jerk of the reins. I see the slide back to eating again as a relearning period.

I think this is true. I packed my dinner (the one 'real' meal the diet allows) to eat before a performances I was in, and was famished when I came home. I had some grilled vegetable casserole AND yes, some potato chips. I should soooo not have done it, and let me tell you, I feel it this morning. I am back to my Protein Drink, and glad for it.

So I feel like the new regime is about embracing the new regime and knowing that if you back-slide into old habits, you may not feel well.

Deb WS, who hopes to not fall off the wagon again.

Hi everyone! My lap band surgery is Nov 19 in Raleigh NC. I have so many different emotions and thoughts I feel just lost. I keep rereading my materials. I have dreams at night about foods and fills and Protein concoctions. Sometimes I feel prepared and ready to go, other times I feel confused and frightened. The other day while eating some bacon and toast, I told my husband that I feel like with every bite of food pre-surgery, I feel like I'm breaking up with my best friend. I will really miss her too.

I fear failure, I fear pain and discomfort. I fear hunger. I haven't even been reading much at this site just out of fear and anxiety. I have confidence in my doctor and my family supports me.

So anyway, thats a little about me. Sounds like I'm having a pity party today. I'm not like that everyday, really I'm not. I look forward to a day in the future when I have control over food, not the other way around. I look forward to being a pro here helping others who feel like I do today. And I look forward to never stepping foot in Lane Bryant again.

Lori

I actually just found out today that my surgery is scheduled for November 3. I am a teacher and the two days after that i have off for teachers convention and than that weekend. If I have too I can take monday off too, but i am hoping that I can go on that monday. I know its only four days out, but I teach special ed high school, and If I'm not there i freak out cause i know my kids will cross any line just to test another teacher. :wink2:

Hi - I am Sophie and I am scheduled for November 3 as well! I am self pay, about 50 -60 pounds to lose. I am excited and a little nervous!

Here we go!!

Good luck to all of our Nov 1 bandsters!! Thinking of all of you!! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!!

You're not alone with your thoughts! I'm having the same ones and my surgery is 11/4. Right now I'm just trying really hard to stick with the pre-op diet!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all my fellow November bandsters for all the support during my pre-op time. Tomorrow is my day and I am excited and shhhhhhhh a littlel nervous. To everyone getting banded tomorrow best of luck; and to those ontheir pre-op diets and those about to start them hang in there, stay focused. If I can do it anyone can. I will let y'all know how everything went as soon as I can.

John

Good Luck to everyone getting banded this week. Would love to hear how things go.

I start my pre-op liquid diet on Thursday. I cleaned out my pantry yesterday. Got rid of all the things I can't have and made a shelf for just my foods (i.e. Protein powder and soup). I ended up going with all flavors of Unjury protein except the strawberry (smells like amoxicillin). I got the strawberry from Chike instead. I am not looking forward to this. I am getting my last pizza tonight. I have a lot of people supporting me though. Everyone at work knows what I am doing and will support me 100%.

Hi everyone! My LAP-BAND® surgery is Nov 19 in Raleigh NC.

Lori

Lori,

I am having mine in Charlotte. Not too far away.

Mel

Thanks everyone for all the support. This is something that we have dreamed of doing and we all have our own personal reasoning's to why we are getting the surgery. I am so happy to know that Nov 1st is tomorrow and I will be having surgery in 9 more days. This is something that I am so ready for. I have to just keep focus on what is most important to me. I am a Social worker at a domestic violence sexual assault shelter and I always tell my clients if you write down the goals to beginning your new life you can achieve them. Being able to see what you want, you have a greater mind set to accomplish them and I feel like that's what I have done in order to get the lap band. I am sometimes afraid because I have so much temptation on getting food. I love food and sometimes even now find it hard to say no when people want to feed me. I however know it's all worth it at the end of the day and I am so blessed to have this chance.

So I feel like the new regime is about embracing the new regime and knowing that if you back-slide into old habits, you may not feel well.

Deb WS, who hopes to not fall off the wagon again.

Deb, don't take your eyes off the end goal...you will do great from now on. When I have cravings I actually think about the food, the process, then that wasted feeling afterwards. You are SO right about not feeling good once we get off track.

The one thing I see is that is will not last forever. On our own the diet would last forever. We CAN get through this!!:wink2:

Hi everyone! My LAP-BAND® surgery is Nov 19 in Raleigh NC. I have so many different emotions and thoughts I feel just lost. I keep rereading my materials. I have dreams at night about foods and fills and Protein concoctions. Sometimes I feel prepared and ready to go, other times I feel confused and frightened. The other day while eating some bacon and toast, I told my husband that I feel like with every bite of food pre-surgery, I feel like I'm breaking up with my best friend. I will really miss her too.

I fear failure, I fear pain and discomfort. I fear hunger. I haven't even been reading much at this site just out of fear and anxiety. I have confidence in my doctor and my family supports me.

So anyway, thats a little about me. Sounds like I'm having a pity party today. I'm not like that everyday, really I'm not. I look forward to a day in the future when I have control over food, not the other way around. I look forward to being a pro here helping others who feel like I do today. And I look forward to never stepping foot in Lane Bryant again.

Lori

Lori,

We are all probably addicts to the eating behaviors we've developed and now suffer because of. You are having to break up with your best friend! But, she is TOXIC, she has been lying to you and cheating you out of good things. She is EVIL. Just like a drug addict has to say goodbye to friends, so do we. The bad news is that 'friend' is killing us!

You WILL end up being what you want to be, that pro helping others navigate through the obstacles. We all need to know what we will do with ourselves on the other side of this banding experience. It is only an hour or so then LIFE is there for the taking! Decide what you will TAKE.

One thing I can't wait to do is NOT shop at Lane Bryant, EVER AGAIN!!! Thanks for showing me that!