Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Sabrina, did you get an approval yet?

I have Aetna as well. My insurance was submitted on Oct 7th after I have done all the stuff they required prior to authorization. I had such a no brainer case that my surgery was even scheduled because there was no reason for a denial. Until guess what...denied! :sneaky: :w00t: Now I am under an appeal and keeping my fingers crossed that Aetna comes through. Good Luck!

Would you consider writing your own letter to Aetna as well? There is medically necessary letter on this site somewhere for patients. That is what I used. Who knows if it did anything...

Ok everyone... I am needing some encouragement right about now!

I was scheduled to get banded on October 25th but my insurance was being retarded so I has to reschedule for November 1st. I just started the all liquid portion of my pre surgery diet and it is going well.

Here is the bad news...

I got sick this past week and went to the doctor and I have Bronchitus... :sneaky: They put me on steroids and some antibiotics and 2 different inhalers trying to get me better quickly so I can still have my surgery on Monday. But due to the steroids my surgeon is thinking about postponing it yet again...:w00t:

I am so stressed out that things are not going the way that they are supposed to and it is making me second guess my decision. I know that getting banded is the best thing I can do for my health but it seems like everything is trying not to let it happen...

If anyone has advise I would appriciate it...

I am scheduled for Nov 2

HI everyone I got an official date of Nov. 15th!!! Hi EllenMarie I am so sorry baout your delay I know the feeling you just make your mind up and you want to get it done and over. My mom kept tellingme to do it after the holidays so I could have more support and home with the kids but I felt the longer I waited the more my mind went back and forth and the more nervous I became. So I decided now is the time. All that aside you have to have the operation whenyour doc thinks you are in optimal health for it. You need to heal and you do not want a weak immune system. So get better and then get banded...only a little while longer!!

Good news bad news for me.

Good news: I am officially approved, thank you God.

Bad news: My tentative schedule date of Nov 23rd MAY get pushed to December.

I'm not too bummed if I have to wait a little longer, it's a HUUUUGE reassurance knowing that it's approved and I won't have to fight anything.

Happy Friday Eve !!!!!

Hi Folks......... I have been reading daily of all your words of wisdom. I am scheduled for 11-18-10. I have a really wonderful story that goes with me getting approved. I started this journey knowing that my employer elected not to have the carrier Humana cover the surgery. My employer knew I had underlying health issues and realized the need for me to have this surgery. They actually added the covergae for me, making it retro active because they saw the need. They were concerned enough about my heath to make possible to have the proceedure. Now if that is the nicest thing.......... So here I SIT -8 days out from my preop visit with the doc and also starting the liquid diet. Life does have miracles doesnt it.

Thanks for writing this! Your employer is one fabulous person/company...gives me hope.

Bella, I actually like Muscle Milk Light. I have heard great things about Unjury, but you have to order that online. I also hear Premier and is good too. But everyonehas a different taste, so you should get out there and try a few on your own.

I have really like the whey powder from Whole Foods. I could not even find the Carnation product recommended by our nutritionist...but the 365 brand at Whole Foods is just fine. I'm also enjoying lots of Crystal Light, just to keep me sloshing-full...

weight.png

Deb WS

I am on Day 1 on my liquid diet. I am SO HUNGRY! Yeesh. I am going to have a can of Progresso Soup for dinner. I hope that holds me.

The reason I need this damn band in the first place is because I turn into a screaming infant when I'm hungry! Oh well, I suppose one lousy week won't kill me.

I bought Unjury powder to use because they have a chicken soup flavor and I don't like sweets as much. It's OK, not great. I haven't tried anything else so I don't know if they're worse.

I have had consult w/ surgeon and now pre-op physical w/ my family doctor. I hope to schedule surgery for week of Thanksgiving. Still have psychologist and dietitian consults to do. They sure make you work for this don't they:) Guess that's a good thing.:thumbup:

Hey everyone! There are so many more of us November bandsters now! How exciting! So I am kind of freaking out...... I have my final weigh in tomorrow and the seminar that has to be taken before my surgery. I am required to lose 15 pounds before surgery, well, I am not down 15..... I am close but not all the way. What are they going to do? Will I still be able to have it? I only have a 2day pre op liquid diet so I am hoping I just will have to do that for a another day or so. I am so nervous! I will still be able to have surgery- right?! :thumbup:

Do any of you bandsters have any regrets about having the band??

I'm set for my band Nov. 9th.

Question: Why do they make you diet before the surgery? iRONIC!

Edited by icrashem1

I would be contacting your doctor and they will send you in the right direction to a good nutritionist who will make up a eating plan for you.

Hope this helps.

I called the surgeons office and made an appointment to see the nutritionist on Monday for a meal planning session before I start the liquid diet on Tuesday. My surgery is next Friday and I am so anxious to get it done and over with. I hope the nutritionist can help me come up with a menu for at least the first 2 weeks of liquid/pureed foods. I think once I can get the first 2 weeks done, it'll be easier to get into the soft foods for weeks 3/4 and regular foods on week 5 and beyond. Thanks everyone for your replies...:thumbup:

Bella, that is awesome!!! And your surgery date is awesome too... it's my niece's 9th birthday :thumbup: Mine is the 8th and I'm on day 3 of liquid diet... so far not toooooo bad :thumbup:

Good luck to you on your journey!!!

Prayers going out to all the November bandsters in prep for our "big" days!!! Look forward to hearing your progress... feel free to pm me if you need a buddy too :thumbup:

Susan

Susan....I am scheduled for the 8th also....my doctor only requires a 10 day liquid diet....start mine in the morning! SO EXCITED!!! Best of luck to you!

Jan:thumbup:

Hang in there Ellenmarie it will be worth it in the end.

Im booked in for my band on the 3rd Nov at Tauranga New Zealand.

Chris

Hey lashonda23- you're from flint? Where are you getting your surgery done? I'm in Midland and I'm going to the center in Alma. We're not too far from each other!! Cool :thumbup:

I am in flint, getting it done at Hurley's with dr. farhan. From my understanding and research he is like one of the best in lap bands. it's coll to see someone close to where I stay. I actually am scheduled for surgery on nov 9th at 7:30 am you?