Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hi Fellow Nov Bansters..it is really right around the corner! I have my endo on Thursday then cardiac then I will get my date for real!!! I have been trying shakes also. Topazz were the muscle milk the 100 cal ones or just the light ones??? I did not like the 100 cal chocolate. I like the carnation instant Breakfast does it have anough Protein or do we need to add more into it?? Hope everyone is well!

Hi Topazz How is my Long Island Bandster neighbor! I am having mine done at mather hospital with dr. Ahmad. I wish I woulg get a date set already..the not knowing is making me more anxious. I did the blood work the other day and I am parying that I am not diabetic yet and I am having this done in time:mellow:

Thanks to those who have extended good wishes and welcomed me to this group!

Today I had my 'final' appointment with Dr. Robinson at BWH. Amazingly enough, I am now officially a 'go' for surgery, two weeks from tomorrow (Wednesday). Tomorrow I will see the anesthesiologist. And I h ave a packet of info and think the liquids are supposed to start Thursday.

In preparation, I stopped at Whole Foods and picked up chocolate and vanilla 365 Brand whey powder, another type which is berry-flavor, three ready-made shakes, and three 'instant' packets, for travel. Tomorrow I'll get sugar-free Jello, crystal light, and a few similar things.

I can not believe it's really going to happen. My younger daughter is quite nervous - she worries that I won't quite be 'me' if I am considerably thinner, though I am trying to assure her that this isn't the case. My birthday is November 9, and I feel like I am giving myself a very big birthday gift!

Best to all,

Deb WS

My birthday is November 9, and I feel like I am giving myself a very big birthday gift!

Best to all,

Deb WS

I am also giving myself a birthday gift, as my b-day is tomorrow!

Congratulations, Diamondbeys! And indeed..happy birthday!!:cursing:

Congratulations, Diamondbeys! And indeed..happy birthday!!:cursing:

Thanks!

And to all, My name is Melissa, but my friends call me Mel. I will try to sign my post :-)

HI

I don't have a firm date as yet but I am seeing my surgeon on the 1st of November and am hoping he will agree to a Nov 18th date.

Once I know for sure I will come back and post date. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences ... it helps so much to see how everyone is dealing with the band.

HI

I don't have a firm date as yet but I am seeing my surgeon on the 1st of November and am hoping he will agree to a Nov 18th date.

Once I know for sure I will come back and post date. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences ... it helps so much to see how everyone is dealing with the band.

Good luck with getting your date. It is a good date. It is also my date!

Wow, lots of November birthdays!! Happy Birthday Deb and Mel!!

My birthday is November 13, and I am getting banded on Nov. 11. Yes, I agree this will be the best birthday present we can give ourselves!!

purple, how are ya girl??? I guess we live on complete opposite ends of the Island! I am in W. Nassau. I have the Muscle Milk Light 100 calories. I like it. It sort of tastes like Yoo-hoo. I also bought the Myolplex Light too. It tastes okay also. I know the CIB is good to use for the pre-op diet, but I am not sure afterwards. I would like to use that too, since it does taste better than the others and is way cheaper!! I really want to look at the Medifast hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate and it's the only hot beverage I drink. I heard mixed reviews about it though, so I have to think about it.

Dave, sorry you got postponed!! Please feel free to come hang out here. We all have the same questions and issues whether you are here or in the Dec group!

Good night all!!

Hey All! Well I have been checking out the site since my consultation day on July 7th, and now I am very excited to say that I just found out my surgery date is going to be November 19th!! The best part is that I will get 10 days off from work to heal because of the holiday. The worst part is that I will be on clear liquid and wont be able to enjoy the food that I will be making on the holiday lol. It is well worth it though! My exsperience wasn't so bad. I had my consultation on July 28th so it was just over 3 months that I got an answer. Right now the dieticien put me on a 90% liquid diet. I have to have Protein Shakes and Water for breakfast and lunch and then I get to have a meal for dinner. And my meal has to consist of 4-6 oz of meat, a salad, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/2 cup of a starch. Its actually not too bad. The first few days I was starving, but its been almost a week now and I'm pretty used to it. I'm super excited for the 19th!!!

Hi November Bandsters. My surgery is set for November 4 and I'm dreading :thumbdown:the pre-opt diet. Only Protein Shakes then Clear Liquids, wish it was the Atkins diet, that sounds much more appealing, but anything worth having takes work.:cursing: Best of luck to everyone.

I had my presurgical meeting with Dr Geiss's team yesterday....I can't believe how much detail they went into about the surgical procedures! It was longer than the operation's going to be! Oh well, I suppose more information is better than less, but my fibromyalgia was acting up.

Only a few more days and I start my liquid diet. I have to say I dread the liquid diet more than the actual surgery!

I got my surgery date yesterday and I am excited. My date is Nov. 11th and I have all kind of thoughts rolling around in my head. For some reason I can see the results here, there, and everywhere for many other people ... but the nagging conscious tells me that I may not be as successful as others.

I find it funny that there are different pre-op requirements ... I don't have to do anything special with regard to diet. I wonder why. I had to visit my general physician for 6 months, had a psych evaluation, and a few group sessions at my surgeon's office thus far. I have to have some blood work done the week of my surgery and also meet w/the physician the week before.

Well my surgery is 12 days away and I am getting more and more nervous and excited as it gets closer. I had my preop yesterday and have lost 12 pounds since I bagan my journey in August. I start my preop diet on Friday and am not looking forward to the all liquid part. I can't wait to start my new life. :)

I'm being banded on the 8th at Orange Coast Memorial. How about you?

Im scheduled for the 3rd at Chapman Medical Center! We should stay in touch!! :)