Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Ok, tech dummie alert!!

I'm trying to update my ticker.

Can I do it here right in the thread or do I have to go to my cp and edit the ticker there?

I have right clicked here and tried to go into editing my siggy but no good.

Please explain it to me like I'm a 2 year old somebody , anybody...please!!

Dee

O.k. the way i do it is go up to quick links, go down to edit signature, when that page comes up click the ticker link in the top part of your ticker. Then that will take you to your ticker, enter your pin # and edit bar then change weight, then done down at the bottom, then change page to your signature and hit upload at bottom af page, that should do it!

Since the day before my surgery I have lost about 14-15lbs.

Not weighing again until fill day the week of 9/20.

I tried starting my Leslie Sansone DVD today and my legs felt so heavy absolutely no energy so I had to stop.

Surgery was 8/16 do you all think this is normal? When did you start exercising?

Dee

Hi Dee, I too have lost 14lbs since my 8/16 surgery. I am just starting to feel hungry this week. I started walking and although it is hot here, I do try to do at least 30 mins every day. Hopefully this will build strength and burn calories. Keep up the great work!

Thank you Kelly, that sounds like a lot to me (dummy) but I'll try it.

Laurie we're right here >>>> :)<<<<<

I'm gonna get off this pc and try my treadie again.

Dee

Those of you that are on solid foods now- do you have any gas pains after eating? I wake up fine every morning but within 30 minutes of eating I start having gas pains in my left side around my port area. Is that normal??

Im sad to say im at a stand still for weight loss , im not sure if my body is retaliating against very low caloric intake after surgery , or if im still swollen. Im actually up a few , maybe 4 lbs from my pre-op results. When did you guys feel all the swelling went away. Im not complaining just wondering how long the swelling hangs in? How many calories a day did you do on your liquid stage? im about at 700. I was down 20 lbs now im at 16 ...it will happen ...just frustrated.

Edited by Beachbunny

Those of you that are on solid foods now- do you have any gas pains after eating? I wake up fine every morning but within 30 minutes of eating I start having gas pains in my left side around my port area. Is that normal??

I get gassy after I eat. I try to remember to take a gas-x before or right after I eat.

Im sad to say im at a stand still for weight loss , im not sure if my body is retaliating against very low caloric intake after surgery , or if im still swollen. Im actually up a few , maybe 4 lbs from my pre-op results. When did you guys feel all the swelling went away. Im not complaining just wondering how long the swelling hangs in? How many calories a day did you do on your liquid stage? im about at 700. I was down 20 lbs now im at 16 ...it will happen ...just frustrated.

I gained weight when I started on mushies. Found out that it is common. From what I have been told at a support group meeting is that your weight will go up and down during the first few weeks after surgery, and don't get discouraged by it.

Are you execising? If so you nedd to up your calories. I eat between 900 and 1200 and have been loosing steady. I walk 25 min a day, thats it.

Beachbunny,

So glad to read your post this morning. It's two weeks post op for me today and I am the same as I was last week; however, I started on mushies this last week and I think my body is acclimating. It's always disappointing to look at the scale and see nothing, but I figure I not only lost 17 pounds over the last three weeks, I also kept it to the same number for a week! That's a first. Usually when I am done with a diet I sabotage my efforts for a good week or two and put it all back on.

So I'm looking for the NSVs this week and pretty happy about maintaining....besides, doesn't that mean next week should be pretty good weight loss!?

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know about a fun web site called bariatrictv.com. Really, check this out, it is a fun site.

Talk to ya soon,

Kelly:thumbup:

My husband was just banded 8/10. So far he is doing great but he is getting very sick of Soup, Water, Jello etc. Other than that he has lost 13 pounds so far. I am so proud of him! I do my best to support him by making sure he has all the post diet food he needs. I admire everyone who is going through this from the lap banders to their spouses. It is so exciting to watch the process and success the lab band has to ofter. Good luck to you all :0)

I am on my 7th day post op right now. I am not hungry. My doctor makes me drink 64 oz of Fluid and 70 grams of protien a day and my calorie intake is abut 400-500 a day if I follow my protien count. The protien keeps me very full and gives me enough energy to get through my day. I am also taking my Vitamins daily.

I think the key to staying not hungry is to drink the high protien drinks. I have shakes, fruit flavored drinks, and protien broth every day. This is coming from a girl that LOVES food.

Yesterday was 100 degrees and I sure did want a margarita and chips and guacamole.

Regarding the want for more hospital time, I paid in cash so I know how expensive the hospital is to stay at. If I spent the night it would have been an additional $4000 per day on top of my initial $6500 hospital fee for the first day. Your insurance probably does not want to encourage extended stays if it is not necessary. You may have wanted to stay but was it medically necessary?

Edited by BeachBabe

Today is not a good day... is it normal to wake up not in pain pain just a lil weak in pain... its every morning since surgery than by the time i eat i am fine... could it be hunger pains? today i just don't feel well tho... i feel like crying.. just a little sad that's all, not sure why tho.... it could be because im spoiled and my mom just came in with crabs and changed the channel i was watching to some dumb a$$ talk show... but i guess i can't have everything my way.. but its just not fair, im the one in pain.. its like my family don't care... I had to go to Walmart the day after my surgery to get my medicine, in pain and all. went home to a house full with 6 screaming kids who wasn't even supposed to be there... im just so frustrated right now and the only thing i can do is cry...:(

I have a really big problem with the Bariatric Advantage vitamins...they totally gross me out and I dread having to take them...i swear i even had a bad dream about taking them last night...im trying not to be dramatic and I suck it up and take them but I cant help it...LOL....Any suggestions?

I don't believe in taking or eating anything that grosses me out to that degree.

I know those vits from those sites can be expensive but I would chalk it up to experience and trash them.

You can get some Centrum chewables or I got some great tasting Gummy vits from Target called Vita-Fusion. They are deelish I take them and consider them a little treat or snack.< /p>

You can't succeed making yourself consume something that grosses you.