Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hey Lap2fab,

I think I'm going to jump on that x-mas goal too! I have been losing pretty steady, but I'm sure after we get our first fills the weight will pour off! At this point of the game I am really dieting,,,,,oh well. All for now.

Peace out

Kelly:rolleyes:

Sounds like a great plan! I like the tickers, I get excited to change them! LOL! I have to tell you, my walking plan last night was great! I got there and notice another friend who I spent the day at the beach with, she had her sneakers on too and I said "are you planning to walk?". She said "yes, are you?"...well, when another mother heard us, she asked if she could go grab her sneakers in the car and join us. We walked a mile (it was hot and humid) and when we got back, there were about 5-6 other moms that we know who said they are bringing their sneakers tomorrow. We started a walking club on the second night of practice! They have practice 4 nights a week for 2 hours....so there is no reason for all of us to sit there an watch jr. football practice on our butts while our kids are getting all the exercise!

Well, I have to tell you, I actually like walking. Of course if I were younger I would be running, but at my age it feels like running anyway.

I take my little wieny dog "Sophie" and all though she is a big bad ass in the house it is quite a different story outside. I live on a country road, so generally all you hear is me huffing and puffing and her nails going "click, click, click". But down the road a piece there is this (about)5 acre field, fenced in and there has to be over 100 geese! Go figger', well little miss bad ass just couldn't wait to get outta there! Fun! Funny!

Other than that my "dieting" is going o.k.. Just counting down the days to my first fill (22)days, can't wait.

Oh yeah, I checked out that book "The complete idiot's guide to eating well after weight loss surgery" by Margaret Furtado. SORRY thought it was stupid! I mean there is far more info on the good old web, and tons and tons of easy healthy recipes, by chefs and by fellow banders! If you ask me I wasted my time checking it out. All for now

Peace Out

Kelly:rolleyes:

Edited by kellyodoran

UGH- the scale is moving the wrong way. I gained another lb yesterday. I need to get off my butt and start exercising. I can't wait until I get my first fill. I have an appt with my doctor on Sept 13th and Im hoping she will do a fill then.

So I guess I should be posting here now.

I was banded on the 16th and had to stay overnight so I didn't get home til last night.

I immediately took a hot shower, myDoc said I could and took my pain killers.

I am fortunate , I have not had really any pain at all. I'm just taking the pain killers to head it off and as a sleep med. I've taken the painkillers 2x since I got home and the liquid Tylenol 2x .

I don't have much gas pain either but taking the Gas-X if I feel a twinge.

I have not had anything to eat of course since I've been home I've had Water and half of a 20 oz Diet Snapple. Just taking small sips. I was not able to drink since Sunday night so with the walking that I had to do in the hospital the night of surgery and the morning after and having to wait until after the barium swallow to have even a sip I was parched. Wow 3 days without food was a piece of cake 2 days without water was very hard for me.

Reading all your posts has taught me a lot. I said in another thread I will not be weighing myself until at least a month out. I know it must be frustration to go through all we're going through and not see any loss or even a gain. I know my belly is very bloated now and I'm drinking a lot of water so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm heavier now even though I haven't eaten in 4 days now.

Kelly, you sound like your doing great with your walking. I would love to start doing something but I can't see it right now.

I have an appt with my Dr on Friday so I'll see what he says then.

Take it easy everybody and be patient we just started this long journey.

One week post op and 17 pounds down overall! Yeah! I am so impatient though. All I want is to be under 200 and like now! I'm thinking it will take about 6-8 weeks if I'm really working this thing. That's a week or two after my birthday. Just so ready to get there! I should just be happy with the current successs but can't help stating at my size 14s in the closet!

whoa lordy, today i'm officially sick and tired of my Protein shakes! I had them 14 days pre-op and since surgery on friday! musy foods couldn't be coming fast enough! I think i may need to switch it up to Isopure for a bit because i'm starting to get reallllllllllll grossed out with these shakes!!

Haven't bothered checking the scale yet, i'm going to wait for a month post-op when i'm fully healed and then start worrying about the scale :smile2:

hope everyone else is doing fabulously :)

So I guess I should be posting here now.

I was banded on the 16th and had to stay overnight so I didn't get home til last night.

I immediately took a hot shower, myDoc said I could and took my pain killers.

I am fortunate , I have not had really any pain at all. I'm just taking the pain killers to head it off and as a sleep med. I've taken the painkillers 2x since I got home and the liquid Tylenol 2x .

I don't have much gas pain either but taking the Gas-X if I feel a twinge.

I have not had anything to eat of course since I've been home I've had Water and half of a 20 oz Diet Snapple. Just taking small sips. I was not able to drink since Sunday night so with the walking that I had to do in the hospital the night of surgery and the morning after and having to wait until after the barium swallow to have even a sip I was parched. Wow 3 days without food was a piece of cake 2 days without Water was very hard for me.

Reading all your posts has taught me a lot. I said in another thread I will not be weighing myself until at least a month out. I know it must be frustration to go through all we're going through and not see any loss or even a gain. I know my belly is very bloated now and I'm drinking a lot of water so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm heavier now even though I haven't eaten in 4 days now.

Kelly, you sound like your doing great with your walking. I would love to start doing something but I can't see it right now.

I have an appt with my Dr on Friday so I'll see what he says then.

Take it easy everybody and be patient we just started this long journey.

congradulations!

One week post op and 17 pounds down overall! Yeah! I am so impatient though. All I want is to be under 200 and like now! I'm thinking it will take about 6-8 weeks if I'm really working this thing. That's a week or two after my birthday. Just so ready to get there! I should just be happy with the current successs but can't help stating at my size 14s in the closet!

ME TOO! I'm one week post op and 17lbs overall! Yay for us! I'm now in Onderland, and it is wonderful! I love seeing the one, it hasn't been there for a long time! I'm getting my first fill on Monday, which I'm seeing people who have had their surgery before me and having to wait longer for their first fill. I must say, I hope it's all good because I'm liking my doctor right now! I too have not changed my pant size, it will be be another 20-30 lbs before I can fit into those 14s...but there are a lot of them in the back of my closet!

For those of you looking for a new taste, today I made a whey Protein Shake instead of my premade shakes. Its the EAS whey Protein in vanilla 23 grams of Protein per scoop.

I put ice in the blender, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, scoop of vanilla protein and 8 oz of low fat milk with 1 packet of Truvia (sugar substitute). Blend...it is awesome! I'm going to freeze what is left and have it as an ice cream.

When you say overall are you talking about from the beginning of your journey or since surgery??????

whoa lordy, today i'm officially sick and tired of my Protein shakes! I had them 14 days pre-op and since surgery on friday! musy foods couldn't be coming fast enough! I think i may need to switch it up to Isopure for a bit because i'm starting to get reallllllllllll grossed out with these shakes!!

Haven't bothered checking the scale yet, i'm going to wait for a month post-op when i'm fully healed and then start worrying about the scale :smile2:

hope everyone else is doing fabulously :eek:

YES, me too. I started mushys yesterday and it was fabulous!!! I have had tuna, egg salad, mashed potatoes. I am sooooo happy!!! pretty sad, huh??? :)

I can't figure this out. Everyone seems to be losing weight right after surgery. I had mine on 8/10 and haven't lost any since the surgery. I am trying so hard to get calories in.

How are ya'll losing the weight so quickly? I am really starting to get depressed. HELP!

That's where I want to be also! I can't wait!!

I can't figure this out. Everyone seems to be losing weight right after surgery. I had mine on 8/10 and haven't lost any since the surgery. I am trying so hard to get calories in.

How are ya'll losing the weight so quickly? I am really starting to get depressed. HELP!

For me I was stuck after surgery until I added in more calories. Even with eating cream Soups I was only getting around 500 calories a day. I added skim milk to every shake for extra calories and started having Soups more often and then I started losing.

So what you are saying is, get in all the calories that I am suppose to and the weight will come off? I gotta try something because I don't go to the doctor until next week and I want to be able to go in with extra weight loss.