Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July banders-work together

:) Hi there, I just had my Lap Band done on July 29th. I am going through some discomfort too....gas and soreness, back pain from sleeping on my back so much. I get bursts of energy and then wow.... just totally tired. I am planning on returning to work on Monday (today is Thursday), but if I don't improve I may push that date back a little. lol. I am excited to be eating mush vs drinking liquid only. I have no problems keeping anything down, but I did have an episode of dumping syndrome when I had some restaurant tomatoe soup...must have had too much sugar in it. But, lesson learned. Anyways, I will have my 1st fill Sept. 16 and I wish it wasn't so far away. I wonder when I can excercise? How is everyone else doing?

I did the same thing! lol...I made dinner for a few nights in a row for the family. But, it was rather strange...I wasnt hungry at all...just had a craving for that yummy food. I'm having to learn the difference between being hungry and a craving. The worst was the gourmet bbq bacon sirloin burgers the family had the other night. The smell was intoxicating, but I know eating those is how I got to this weight. So, I am finding it is a mental thing as well. I know others with the band but havent been able to get in touch with them and I was hoping to find an actual support group to attend here in my town. But, this site is great! I know it will be a place i visit often to talk with those who are going through similar things and get support and encouragement. Good luck to everyone and keep at it!

I have to laugh at some of these posts - the funny way you guys are expressing yourselves! yes, I laugh and it kinda hurts, but it's great! This blog is really a lifesaver.

Hey Starsinmyeyes! I was told that I could start my cardio within a week and start lifting weights again after 4 weeks. I'm planning on doing the elyptical this weekend...Not all crazy hell bent like I sometimes do, but nice and steady. :redface:

What is the 'dumping syndrome'? I have to look that up!

Hi everybody. My name is Joyce I live in Newark, NJ and was banded and hital hernia repair 7/21 and stayed one night had to do test in the morning.

I had no pain after surgery but was very tired. Port site did not want to close so I was put on Amoxicillin w/Calavuante which gave me a very bad sore throat. Port site still not closing so they put me on Bactrim and now have hives. After three doses had to stop and the site is now healing.

I did the two week pre-op of clear, started a few days earlier. Post-op 5 days of clear, 3 weeks of puree. I can have 2oz for each of the 3 meals and 3 4oz protien shakes.

I had my gallblader removed in 6/87. Last year I was diagnoised with H. Pylori and Hep A. I got them from eating fish, which came from dirty Water. I can't get them or pass them to anyone.

As of this morning I have lost 30.8lbs.

I have two questions :

1. Is anybody burping alot?

2. Do you have a bad taste in your mouth that makes some food taste bad?

I think the bad taste must be Protein. And yes, I burp at both ends. I don't care; if that gets the gas out it's a great thing!

OMG - I ate restaurant Tomato Soup tonight! I hope I don't experience anything painful. It was SO good, though. Also, have any of you visited mybariatricpantry.com? They have really good prices on Protein and so specials. Some of the nectar is really good and the Isopure.< /p>

Edited by vbaldwin

Well, I banded on July 19, it I did fine with no pain but when I got home I did start having trouble with having an objet in my boyd n I finally told my husband that I wanted it out asap. lol So my hubbie called the Lapband Dr who I might say is just the Best but he told us to call our reg Dr to get on anxiety med for it n that has helped alot. So I'm still thinking I want it out but not right now. lol I want to lose some weigh before I do something like that n as long as I can handling it then thats what I'm gonna do:) I started out weighing 256 n I'm now 238, so I'm excited about losing weight but I am now eating some solid foods, things like fish,fish, lol chicken n turkey sausage for Breakfast, so I'm trying to make sure I get in my Protein more than anything. Thanks everyone for sharing the lapband jouney, I no it has helped me seeing it on here.So goodluck n Godbless n keep up the good work oh n I have walked a couple of days but starting monday, I'm gonna try n do at least 3 times a week. Thanks again everyone n I'm also on Facebook if any of you would like to connect. Thanks again Trisha

I too am glad for this post. I thought I was the only one not getting along very well. I was banded on July 28, Wed., then on Sunday I started to break out in cold sweats. Monday I called the Dr. & talked to a nurse, she said to start full liquids and make sure I was getting plenty of fluids. Continued to have the same problem so I visited the Dr office on Tue.

He put me on pureed foods (one wk early), it seems I was not eating enough. I am to eat between 800- 1000 calories, 80-100 gm of Protein, & 80-100 oz. of liquid. It has not been until today that I finally felt better. I can not believe I am even saying this but 1000 calories has been a problem to consume.

One problem I am having is that the pureed food must come from an animal. No potatoes, rice, Pasta or bread. I get the last 3 but no potatoes or vetables! I do drink the shakes to up the protein.

Hope everyone else is starting to feel better. I am retired so I do not know how some of you went back to work so soon. You are made of strong stuff:thumbup:.

Lu

Hello everyone, I just got my Lapband on July 19. I have lost 22 pounds so far, I was down 26 pounds but when I started the puree I gained 4 pounds. My first day after surgery was the worst day, I had alot of gas and chest pain. I couldn't hold any liquids I had a lot of nausea, they had to call my doctor that night to come in because I had some Jello and couldn't hold it down. My doctor came in that night and took the Fluid out of my band when he took the fluid out I felt relief.Then I was able to hold down my liquids. Today I went to my doctor and I was suppossed to get a fill but I couldn't because I was still soar from the hernia repair they did on me. I have an appointment scheduled for August 19 to get my first fill.

I was banded on 07/12/2010 and I know all too well the feeling you are experiencing right now> I can assure you it will get better as the swelling goes down. That gas that you are referring to well it could be that you are drinking your drinks through a straw or mabe even drinking them too fast. My hardest challenge was drinking slow, but believe me you will learn to. I know you are probaly tires of all the liquids but you dont want to start solids before you are ready it could be a disaster trust me. Just be encouraged and introduce one semi solid at a time until you are ready for pureed. I even went so far as to do stage one/ two Gerber ( baby foods) that went ok for me but at the same time you will have to eat it slow. Also try a variety of Protein Shakes so you dont get burned out on the. Myo-fusion is a good brand to try.

:party: lol i burp all the time and it do leave a funny after taste i cant really say its the Protein because i started drinking them before the surgery and I don't remember having the funny after taste

I got my band on July 12, 2010 and I have not had any problems keeping food down or any of that, but early on this week I noticed I was starting to have like a sharp pinching feeling every so often around my port. Nothing to the point of me losing my breath or anything, but a feeling of someone just pinching me. Has anyone else experienced that?:party:

Edited by thomas757

I burp all the time, and at both ends too....but better than the discomfort of gas pain. HaHa! I haven't noticed a bad taste in my mouth though. Great progress you are having! Good luck!

Hi everybody. My name is Joyce I live in Newark, NJ and was banded and hital hernia repair 7/21 and stayed one night had to do test in the morning.

I had no pain after surgery but was very tired. Port site did not want to close so I was put on Amoxicillin w/Calavuante which gave me a very bad sore throat. Port site still not closing so they put me on Bactrim and now have hives. After three doses had to stop and the site is now healing.

I did the two week pre-op of clear, started a few days earlier. Post-op 5 days of clear, 3 weeks of puree. I can have 2oz for each of the 3 meals and 3 4oz protien shakes.

I had my gallblader removed in 6/87. Last year I was diagnoised with H. Pylori and Hep A. I got them from eating fish, which came from dirty Water. I can't get them or pass them to anyone.

As of this morning I have lost 30.8lbs.

I have two questions :

1. Is anybody burping alot?

2. Do you have a bad taste in your mouth that makes some food taste bad?

Hi Joyce! You were banded a day before I was. I found out that I had H-pylori minutes before I was rolled into surgery. I am on 8 antibiotics for 2 weeks and it has been hell! I also had hital hernia which I didn't find out until after the surgery and that it was repaired. To answer your questions I burp ALL the time, and ALL day long and I also have a horrible taste in my mouth but I think mine is from one of the pills that I have to take. I lost 10lbs my first week and gained 2lbs the second week, so I am frustrated right now. Maybe I'm not doing something right.... Good luck!

Yah!! July Bansters Site!!

I've been feeling pretty good.... and HUNGRY since day 3! Liquids just drop through me. So I drink and pee.... sip... drink and pee... sip... LOL I have another week until I can add something more solid. Skim milk has helped... and the Protein powders. *Who knew you could get sick of chocolate??!!

Stitches are starting to itch... and I have a pain in my right side sometimes...not sure.

**Can you disrupt your port or band by turning over in bed or sitting up.... when you have to use the muscles in your mid-section?***

I want to wear a shirt that says "Don't Poke the Bear ! She gave up Diet Coke, Cigarettes, popcorn, and food this month. It's not gonna' be pretty!"