Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 22

kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, Tsaleen, girlbanded

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc, sourmissg, monicaleon18, Kmommy, etexlady

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra, donnasang, the8re0221*

September 25 - candy Rain

NEXT WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna, Okie_59 (Mexico surgery), maria_r, jayden91508*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07, findingherself

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr, CSE

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1, yacht4*

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

108 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angellegna29 - from NJ

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

blondeej - from TX

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Bunny7 - Des

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

CdnBlondie - from FL

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

ebonykisses - from NJ

Esin - from London, England

fldanny - Danny from FL

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

girlbanded - from

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

HAD_ENOUGH - from CA

Harleybleu

helgainaz - from AZ

highlojack - from RI

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

KimK813 - from AL

kimmila - from CA

kittykat56 - from

krieck - from OK

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72 - from RI

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

LannahLouise - from

lauravarley - from TX

lbtss16 - from IL

ledgins - Lisa from NC

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

maxi2010 - Maxi from NY

melissa4773 - Melissa from IA

missjoany - from NC

mom05 - from CA

motherbear - from NH

MrsFitand42 - Tiffany from TN

msmith73 - from NH

mytrice - from FL

Nani4five - from MI

Natalka - from WA

neenee717 - from NC

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

Pammyl - from RI

papoose - from NJ

peggycas - from TX

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

purplevic -from FL

ready4change10 - from PA

RACandler - from NJ

risenhour1 - from FL

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

Scarred4Life - Tiffany from FL

shellyh - Shelly from MA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

Stateofzen - Lyla from AL

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephanie from IL

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

swissnis - from IL

teach830 - from

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

Tsaleen - from CA

vega1star - from MI

WAH.MOM - from WI

wishful-thinking

younghippiechick - from CA

Another Wednesday, another fill.

Today they put in another 3cc in the band which now makes 9cc in an 11cc band. After the PA was done and she told me how many cc's she added, I made the comment "Wow, now up to 9cc's" by the look on her face:w00t:, I got the impression that she may have thought it was my second fill instead of my third.

Anyway, I was not about to offer her the option to remove some, that needle hurts like a dickens when it goes in and I don't like needles.

Next week, I have an appointment with the dietitian and then the PA, I have a sneaking suspicion that she will remove some Fluid from the band. Besides STILL on liquids so it won't be too bad.

Hope those that got banded today, are doing great.:rolleyes2:

All that was banded today wishing you all a fart recovery.

emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc monicaleon18, Kmommy, etexlady I will be getting banded with you tomorrow, wishing you all the best.

Looking to hear from the Dr for my arrival time LOL

Had my surgery yesterday, at 7:30am I was taken to the OR. I woke up at 10:30 and I had major pain. But all in all, I feel great! No gas for me thank God, and honestly I hope I do not get it..lol.:rolleyes2:

Hello everyone!

I am home! Went in at 9am and didn't get into the OR until 12noon, was out of OR 12:55 and at first I was moaning and groaning, but it was only about an hour and I felt much better. I knew by 2pm I wanted to go home, no need to stay in the hospital. Other than the pain I feel when I walk, I have none! I feel pretty good, I'm tired of course, and my incisions are sore, but I'm impressed at how I am doing. Having chicken broth and then a nap! All and all it went very well. Good luck to all the others having surgery today!

Now that most have had their surgery, lets do a poll on incisions and port location.

I had 5 incisions and my port is just under my left breast bone.

Took about a week before I could sleep on my tummy and was one of the lucky ones it appears as that I had absolutely no gas pains.

Took 1 week off of work but could have gone back the last 2 days of my week off.

My Stats:

Weighed 224 when received approval (8/2/10)

Weighed 212 day of surgery (8/27/10)

Weighed 199 today. Broke the 200 lb barrier this morning. It's been at least 8 years when I was below 200.

Cathy

Hi Everyone

Ok, so I have 4 incisions with my port just under my left rib. I still feel it a little sore and it is not comfortable to sleep on it.

I was off for 4 days before going back to work.

My Stat:

Before Preop Diet: 190

Surgery day: 183

Today: 165

No fills yet and feeling I can eat a lot more than I did last week. I am already eating regular solid food and have not had any problems

6 days post op had my first check up im down 9 pds since surgery doc has put me on full liquids which is great because i was getting hungry .... so hope i can stay fuller longer :rolleyes2:

Now that most have had their surgery, lets do a poll on incisions and port location.

I had 5 incisions and my port is just under my left breast bone.

Took about a week before I could sleep on my tummy and was one of the lucky ones it appears as that I had absolutely no gas pains.

Took 1 week off of work but could have gone back the last 2 days of my week off.

My Stats:

Weighed 224 when received approval (8/2/10)

Weighed 212 day of surgery (8/27/10)

Weighed 199 today. Broke the 200 lb barrier this morning. It's been at least 8 years when I was below 200.

Cathy

i have 5 incisions and my port is to the left of my belly button . i didnt have terrible gas but i did have more pain than i expected . i am 6 days post op took 2 wks off not sure when i will be ready to go back .:smile2:

My stats :

weight on day approval 260

weight day of surgery 250

weight today 241

6 Days since surgery and it has been a roller coaster!

At first I was not prepared at all for the level of pain and immobility! I learnt that I am someone that actually does not like to be still for long and continually had my husband, best friend and family demanding I rest and take it easy!

But each day I have had a little less pain, more mobility and more energy. I even managed to vacuum the entire house and do our weeks laundry yesterday without collapsing in to bed unlike 3 days earlier after I un-stacked the dishwasher!

Spoke to my dietitian yesterday afternoon and he decided that my swelling had been minimal compared to others and that I was ready to cautiously approach purees! So finally after 3 weeks (two pre-op and almost one post op) I finally had Protein and carbs! I puréed the family mince & Pasta casserole... not amazing but better than optifast! I did spend the whole night worried though that I may have moved too quickly to purees and was praying not to heave in the case I missed a lump in the food. But this morning I woke up and felt hungry so was relieved that my new stomach handled the food. This morning I had 1/2 a metric cup of yoghurt... this was bliss :smile2:

So things seem to be going quite well for me so far.... "touch wood".

However I have one question... has anyone that has been banded so far not had shoulder tip pain for the first three days or so and then found it develope?

I started to have my left shoulder ache over the last couple of days and then last night I had an acutely and agonisingly sore shoulder. All of the sudden I could not move without the shoulder hurting and it felt like someone had forced a blade between the two bones in my shoulder socket! Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? And those who have had shoulder tip pain was it so bad it nearly brought you to tears?

I want to wish those being banded tomorrow good luck! Please keep us posted.

Danielle,

My dear, you are sounding like you're in my head! I'm right with you on the slow pace frustration. And I have absolutely been driving myself crazy with the scale. In fact, I had a conversation about it with my therapist this morning. He knows that I weigh myself every day and that I've been incredibly frustrated with the same blessed numbers for days on end. We talked about putting it away completely (NOT HAPPENING) or just weighing once a week. Now that sounds reasonable but really hard to do right now. I'm toying with only weighing every other day for now - baby steps! lol

Thinking about all of you recent bandsters. Hoping you are all recovering well. I'm almost 3 weeks out and really don't have any lingering issues except some incisions that we're watching. It really does get better, I promise!

So amazing that there's over 100 of us and the month isn't over!

Blessings to you all!

gracerev

Hello everyone!

I am home! Went in at 9am and didn't get into the OR until 12noon, was out of OR 12:55 and at first I was moaning and groaning, but it was only about an hour and I felt much better. I knew by 2pm I wanted to go home, no need to stay in the hospital. Other than the pain I feel when I walk, I have none! I feel pretty good, I'm tired of course, and my incisions are sore, but I'm impressed at how I am doing. Having chicken broth and then a nap! All and all it went very well. Good luck to all the others having surgery today!

Awesome, Baby! Glad to hear you're doing so well. It must have been because of me holding your hand. :smile2: Anyway, I'm doing great too. Had the surgery around 8am and was back in my room by 11am. I had/have virtually no pain, just some discomfort around my incisions. My husband and I went to the grocery store to get my Rx filled on the way home. We walked around there, shopping for about 30 minutes. Came home and rested for a bit. Then, we walked up and down our road for about an hour this evening. I'm really, really trying to avoid the shoulder gas pain. :) Now, I'm reading email and posting on the forum! As for food, I've not been the least bit hungry. I sipped on Water and juice since surgery, and I had a s/f Jello cup. But that's all. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Well, great job today! And please check in tomorrow, if you feel like it. Doesn't feel GREAT on this side of the band?! LOVIN' IT!!!!:mad::tt1::mad::tt1::tt1:

Thanks to all of you who gave me moral support last night...I really appreciate it! I just took some time snuggling with my hubs and watching some TV. You guys are the best, love you all!

All that was banded today wishing you all a fart recovery.

Thanks, Sourmissg!!! A fart recovery is exactly what I need right now with all this gas! And, I know what you meant.:smile2:

Good Luck to you and all the others going to Bandland tomorrow and please update when you can so we know how you're doing.

I am a Sept. bandster...actually, Sat.9/25 is my day....all of a sudden, I am nervous, anxious,and everything else you can imagine!!