Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

good to hear we're doing pretty well. My only problem is that tightness under my breastbone. yawning, coughing etc. Any one else have the same issue? I am very sleepy but have not taken any pain meds. Hoping to get my energy back soon.

Greetings!

Day 2 post op!

I had to get back on my prescription pain med; but only take it as needed, sometimes I make it 6-7 hours on a dosis...

Question: could you all feel your port right away? I have not felt mine yet.... but I also do not want to push down very hard... when did you feel it? Left side appears more sore...

Still no hunger. I also find the calcium citrate wafers very hard to chew...

But other then that feeling great; walked outside today, so I am getting better and better!

YEA!!! This is my first post. I'll be having my band placed on Monday, September 13th.

I'm excited - but super nervous too. I really wanted to go out tonight and have a nice dinner with foods that I wont be able to eat for a while - but I resisted. I was good and had baked chicken.....:thumbup:

Surgery is on the 16th ... this liquid diet is very hard today im trying to stay the course but tonight is difficult so far so good maybe i should just go to sleep!!

Cograts... We have the same band day!!! Come on 21st....it isn't coming fast enough for me. :thumbup:

Well congrats to you too!! Looks like we will be in it together. I am having anxiety, what if this is MY way of taking the easy road? I am scared something bad will happen when I am in surgery, and I think, think, think, so much about my kids. I guess I am focusing too much on the negative, but I suppose it's "normal". Let me know how things turn out for you, good luck, and may God be with you every step of the way.:tongue2:

Well congrats to you too!! Looks like we will be in it together. I am having anxiety, what if this is MY way of taking the easy road? I am scared something bad will happen when I am in surgery, and I think, think, think, so much about my kids. I guess I am focusing too much on the negative, but I suppose it's "normal". Let me know how things turn out for you, good luck, and may God be with you every step of the way.:thumbup:

I too think about my teenage son, but he is one of the main reasons I am doing it. I want to be around for along time to see him finish growing up and have me some grandkids!! I have several health issues including the need for a heart transplant, so the surgery really scares me. I have thought about the negative , but the positive far outweighs the neg..

We are not taking the easy way out..cause I am here to tell you this is hard..or at least it is for me. I know deep down that things will be fine, but I guess we all have anxiety...Keep God in your sight and all will be well..God Bless

"Question? which Vitamins did your doctor's tell you to take?

I have calcium-citrate-mag; multi w/minerals;Vit B and Iron (Iron because I am anemic). Am I missing any? Thanks for info.."

Mom05, This is what why doctor told me to take,

1 ea day of Centrum adult chewable

Chewable tablet 600mg, Caltrate 600 plus, 3 times a day,

Thanks Sourmissg, I'll check into Caltrate because I don't have that one.

I think I know why I have been soooo hungry with the pre surgery diet. I was taking two Protein Drinks ( one for Breakfast and the other for lunch) and then my dinner. So I read the info the dr. gave me again and I can also eat sugar-free Jello and sugar-free fruit bars... I had been feeling tired and with headaches. The jello and fruit bars were sooo good especially with this weather we are having down here, it has been so hot...

Well thanks to everyone for your input on the Vitamin question. Really appreciate it:smile:

Hi Maxi,

Thanks for the reply, I know how to get the ticker on the signature, I only have one issue and that is the font color of the bmi numbers and the backround. I make the backround black, but when I paste it to the signature it doesn't stay black, which is why the font color it to light because it doesn't show up only with a black backround.

I know this isn't a big deal but now it has turned into a challenge for me! And I want to figure it out. I would love to see your directions and see if there is some tiny detail you have that makes the world of difference!!!! lol, like I should be bothered by this huh?? lol I think it will be better to keep everyone updated though, when the numbers start changing. Have you had surgery yet?

i am like you...i worry about my kids! we need to focus on the positive... :thumbup: i know i know..easier said than done huh? good luck to you!

I think I know why I have been soooo hungry with the pre surgery diet. I was taking two Protein drinks ( one for breakfast and the other for lunch) and then my dinner. So I read the info the dr. gave me again and I can also eat sugar-free Jello and sugar-free fruit bars... I had been feeling tired and with headaches. The jello and fruit bars were sooo good especially with this weather we are having down here, it has been so hot...

Well thanks to everyone for your input on the Vitamin question. Really appreciate it:smile:

Hi Mom05! Are you also drinking a lot of sugar free drinks like Crystal Light and staying extremely hydrated ? It helps. A lot of times thirst is mistaken for hunger. It helped me in Pre-Op to stay super hydrated. Don't drink the Diet Sodas because you don't need the carbonation plus you might as well get used to ditching them now.

-Brian

GOOOOOO Morning everyone!

Oh I am in such a good mood this morning even though I have been up since 6:03 am for no other reason then when I don't have to work, my body wants to be awake. :tongue2: I am tired though but GOOD news on my end....

Last night was the FIRST night that I was able to sleep in my own bed, for the whole night! I have been so uncomfortable with my back, that it was easier to sleep on the recliner chair. I almost did transfer to the chair again but I readjusted my pillows and was able to survive with out tooo much discomfort! :thumbup: I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!!!

I have been feeling port pain more the last 2 days. I guess the muscle (whatever muscle I might have) is trying to heal around it maybe. I had the single inscision so my port is under my belly button and a little to the right. I had to take Tylenol when I woke up because of it but thats okay... (I hate medications so I only take then when absoloutely necessary).

Oh and though its not official till I go to the doctor and start a full food diet- as of this morning- I am 6 pounds down from surgery; 14 pounds down since pre-pre diet! YAY

Anyhoo...

about the influence about the children- I don't have kids yet but I have thought about this topic and discussed it with my boyfriend as far as our future... I initally thought it was the "easy road" and maybe a bad influence for children but then in thinking more about it... I struggled all my life with my weight, this surgery is not easy, its just a helpful tool. With the surgery I would then be able to teach my children a healthy lifestyle so they DONT become obese like me. I will be able to now teach Portion Control and healthy choices. Before it would be, sure mommy can eat 3 bowls of Pasta and 4 meatballs... well, what kind of influence is that? Now I can teach to eat until you are full and walk away; make healthy food choices- sure you can have pasta but have the healthy lean protien first; snacks- its okay to have a snack/dessert- a portion of it, not a half gallon of ice cream or half the cake. I will be able to Practice what I Preach.. not just do as I say, not as I do!

Point is- this will be helpful to your children as far as healthy living as well as being around for them, to see them grow up and even to watch their children grow up! You will be able to be more active with them, be more involved. The children will be proud!

Edited by danide

I am day 2 post op and the gas is killing me. I wretch and then bring up a big old burp. Any words of wisdom for how to get rid of the gas. I am so restless and can't get comfortable.

Hi all, I think about my kids, I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old and I'm being banded in Mexico from Ohio and I worry about something happening so far from home while they are in Ohio. But I also worry about continuing to be obese and all the things with my body and my energy. I've just started weening my daughter and I feel guilty because I feel like the surgery is the thing that's pushing it. But also I'm tired of nursing, been doing it for 6 years now. I believe that while things go wrong with the surgery at times, it is not likely to be something that can't be dealt with (worse case scenario) I can't find any stats of people like dying or whatnot during surgery. I've seen stuff about infection, but if you are vigilant, listen to your body, and dont' hesitate to go to the Dr. it seems to work out, even if the band does get removed. I know this is morbid, but when I think of all the things that I fear I go to the worse case, and the worse case (typical) seems better to me then not trying and being obese and having my kids grow up with an unhealthy mom. I did also worry about taking so many resources from my family to self pay for the surgery and leaning on my husband so much during recovery. But he's been supportive. Remember that this group is here for support too. They have helped me. Just in being able for the first time in my life to be able to talk about my weight is crazy for me.

Anyway I don't know if this helps your fears, maybe I'm just ranting on my own a bit. But good luck with making your decision. It's a big one. and from what I read not the easy route, cause it is a lot of work

Lisa

Good morning!

Ok, I need to vent some fears I have now that I'm less than a week away from my surgery. It's not that I'm scared of the surgery-- I'm scared I won't get to have it as scheduled!

I've been sick for a full two weeks as of tomorrow, and finishing up a 10-day run of antibiotics today. Problem is, I'm still having to take tons of medicine because I don't think the antibiotics have killed my infection (sinus)-- helped tremendously, but I still have throat and ear pain if I don't take ibuprofen or tylenol every 6 hours. I worry a LOT about what my liver must look like after two weeks of round-the-clock cold medicine, pain medicine, antibiotics, and prescription antihistamines and there is no way to know until Wednesday, when I go in for all of my pre-op work in anticipation of surgery Friday.

And then there's the TMI-- since I started the antibiotics, etc., I have had nothing but the big D happening in the bathroom. You should hear my stomach gurgling through the day (or not). This just seems like a bad way to be before I even get the band.

I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I have to put off the surgery for a few weeks. It would be disappointing, but not the end of the world. it's just hard, now that it is so close after SOOO long, to think it might not happen.

The good news is that for the past two days I've weighed in at 261, which means I am officially down 32 pounds from my high weight of 293 a year ago, and 15 pounds down since I started my unofficial pre-op diet August 10th. I'm praying that I'll be in the 250s before my surgery, something I haven't seen on the scale in probably 6 years if not more.

Edited by stateofzen
spelling