Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 7

danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis, playermimi, msmith73

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick, Brian-LA

September 9 - Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic

September 10 - ally UK, angelpix, jmariedel, jlr58, Mandyrae, Desiree1972*

September 11 - missjoany

Next Week:

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113*, glitteryvampiregirl*

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans, sugarmoma*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1*

Following Week:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl

Last Week of Sept:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA, ocbutterfly, david314

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure, cndalbs

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

Scarred4Life

jakealta

23 have crossed over to Bandland:

ahlmanfamily - from MA

BandedNellie - from CT

cece1967 -from CA

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

Esin - from London, England

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jshort - Jennifer from MO

kydman - from KY

Lanah - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

msmith73 - from NH

Nani4five - from MI

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - from OK

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - from MD

spitfireleo - from MA

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

swissnis - from IL

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

It's starting to feel real! Last week was last meeting with the dietician and my pre-op class. Surgery on Friday!

This weekend I found myself eating more than I have been, a mental 'last hurrah' I guess. I felt pretty gross after all that food. I'm going for a nice dinner tonight and then shopping tonight to stock up on clear liquids/jello/etc. I start my 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet tomorrow. I will be on a week of Clear Liquids post-op, then 2 weeks full liquid, then on to puree.

I finally told my mother about the surgery on Sunday and she was supportive (huge relief!).

I'm getting nervous but all the support here is helping lots.

Hi Everyone, well I am on day 6 of post op.. The long weekend was a huge help in my recovery.. and did not have to do much of the Mom thing as my husband stepped up to the plate BIG TIME.. I was able to make it to the beach for a Bonfire on Sunday and a little beach time on Monday.. but not my normal amount of time.. but it felt good to be back with my friends and family and walking the beach really tired me out. Today I returned to work, which has not been that bad so far.. but I am sure will wipe me out later! I was basically off all pain meds by Saturday ( I was banded on the 1st ) even felt that I did not need the Tylenol.. I am big on the Gas X though.. been so afraid of the gas pain I have basically been overdosing on the stuff.... have not had a problem with it until TODAY!! My shoulder is killing me!!! But I am happy to report that all bodily systems seem to be back in order. Sorry if this is too graffic for ya.. but when the pipes don't work.. I get a little freaked out. It took me until today... 7 days since I had to take Milk of Mag the night before surgery!! I start full liquid tonight. Oh and I slept ( very carefully ) on my tummy for a little bit last night.. Felt so good!!! Hate sleeping on my back!!! I itch... does any one else's who has been banded itch at the incisions??? Have a great day.. 20lbs lost:tt1:

Hi Everyone, well I am on day 6 of post op.. The long weekend was a huge help in my recovery.. and did not have to do much of the Mom thing as my husband stepped up to the plate BIG TIME.. I was able to make it to the beach for a Bonfire on Sunday and a little beach time on Monday.. but not my normal amount of time.. but it felt good to be back with my friends and family and walking the beach really tired me out. Today I returned to work, which has not been that bad so far.. but I am sure will wipe me out later! I was basically off all pain meds by Saturday ( I was banded on the 1st ) even felt that I did not need the Tylenol.. I am big on the Gas X though.. been so afraid of the gas pain I have basically been overdosing on the stuff.... have not had a problem with it until TODAY!! My shoulder is killing me!!! But I am happy to report that all bodily systems seem to be back in order. Sorry if this is too graffic for ya.. but when the pipes don't work.. I get a little freaked out. It took me until today... 7 days since I had to take Milk of Mag the night before surgery!! I start full liquid tonight. Oh and I slept ( very carefully ) on my tummy for a little bit last night.. Felt so good!!! Hate sleeping on my back!!! I itch... does any one else's who has been banded itch at the incisions??? Have a great day.. 20lbs lost:tt1:

Hello! I was banded on the 31st! I am doing well. The incisions never hurt, but my shoulder pain has been horrible! My surgeon said it is gas and could be the nerve in the shoulder. Something about moving it around during surgery and you can upset the darn thing! Well, today is the first day my shoulder has not been killing me! Do this-walk everywhere, continue to take your gas meds, and use the heating pad! It helps a ton! I am assured it does go away! Get the heating pad out now! It will help! Keep in touch. I have a post op appointment with my surgeon here in KC on Friday! Take Care, Jennifer:thumbup:

Hi! I am getting banded on September 20, 2010 in Chicago. I am on day two of my liquid diet. So excited for you!!! Good Luck :thumbup:

It's starting to feel real! Last week was last meeting with the dietician and my pre-op class. Surgery on Friday!

This weekend I found myself eating more than I have been, a mental 'last hurrah' I guess. I felt pretty gross after all that food. I'm going for a nice dinner tonight and then shopping tonight to stock up on clear liquids/jello/etc. I start my 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet tomorrow. I will be on a week of clear liquids post-op, then 2 weeks full liquid, then on to puree.

I finally told my mother about the surgery on Sunday and she was supportive (huge relief!).

I'm getting nervous but all the support here is helping lots.

Congratulation!!!!! :thumbup:

Hi Nellie. Glad to hear you're doing well, my September First Sistah! I tacked this week onto the long weekend to recover. I'm doing well, but still taking the pain meds once or twice a day. How did the new routine at work go for you? Yes, it may be TMI, but I had my first BM this am and, although difficult, I was happy about it, too. Itchy incisions are part of the healing process. It helps to keep telling myself that..lol. Congrats on your 20lb loss!

Take care everyone! cece

September 30th here!

Congrats the following people, tomorrow is your big day.

NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick, Brian-LA. I hope you all have a fast recover.

I had my last visit with my surgeon today be for my surgery. I did lost 7lbs. before starting the pre op diet,

my surgery said he will submit my largest weight, to the insure co. I asked when will I hear if I've been approved or not,

I was told the hospital will call if I'm not approved, but I asked if his office will call if I'm approved or not. My paper

work will be submitted today or tomorrow. I do think everything is a go. I was told the day before my surgery I have to

be on all liquids. I can not have anything after midnight, I can take my presser meds with a small sip of Water the morning of my surgery.

I will be staying over night.

My incisions are itching like crazy!! I guess I would rather itch than have the shoulder pain, which I have been very lucky not to have!

I'm not taking any pain meds at all, but haven't attempted sleeping on my stomach yet!

Glad to see everyone is doing well and that our September Sweeties group is growing!!

Hi... I'm brand new to this site... trying to figure things out... My name is Stephanie... My surgery date is 9-16-10....I am currently 6 days into my clear liquid pre-op diet....I'm hoping I can get and give support as soon as I can figure my way around the site.....:)

Hello everyone. Surgery was today and I was home by 5pm. Sore and I have pressure in my chest/stomach area...I think its the gas pressure I head others talk about. I had to do barrium swallow test before I could leave and that stuff tasted horrible! I have one port hole which is inside my bellybutton. If wasn't for gas pain..I think I would be quite well...but we shall see tomorrow how it goes! Think I will sleep setting up tonight. Having trouble getting all the fluids in this evening.

Hey Everyone! I am new to this site and just recently had my first consult with surgeon. I have been given all the paperwork or really checklist of physicians that need to be seen prior to getting a letter sent to GHI. At first my i was scared when i left his office only because this is a huge decision that i am making, and was thinking of having the single incision lap band. Of course I smoke, which makes it more difficult for me. I guess i am more stressed knowing that i have to quit or no surgery and that made me more intense. I have already seen the endocrinologist and cardiologist, have a pulmonary visit tomorrow. My insurance doesnt cover the nutrionist so that will be an out of pocket expense, but its ok because i have to do this. I am 5 ft tall and have gained over 85 lbs in the last 3 years alone. I can barely make it up the stairs, i have atrial fibrillation, which is a heart arrythmia, and I just wanna be able to play ball and run around with my 9 year old son. i can't wear jeans because my waste is tiny and behind is plump, lol. I have to be healthy for me and for him. i hear such great stories on here but of course with any surgeries its a bit scary. we have to take the bad with the good i guess. if we want to be healthy we gotta do what we have to do.

has anyone here smoked prior to surgery and if so what did you have to do to quit? i am also worried a bit about the eating, and the gas pains that i have read about. i don't have a gallbladder so i guess its no worse than that...i hope not..lol..

i am hoping for an october date, but we will see. i am trying to get all my md appts done within the next week and then will submit everything to surgeon for submission to insurance? does anyone have GHI? im curious as to how much time to take off from work, maybe 2-3 weeks, does that sound reasonable? geez so many questions..lol

please keep in touch everyone!

ladies and gents i wish you all the best of luck with your surgeries and post surgeries.:)

Let me say congratulations! I was a smoker and quit 5 years ago cold turkey...I am not sure if this is the best advice, but it was right for me. Smoking complicates the healing process and also can cause ulcers. I can only speak for my Doc. He will not allow anyone to have the surgery unless you have quit smoking and have been quit for at least 30 days. I wish you the absolute best as you being this awesome journey.

Jill

Hi stephanie24p ! Yes I am also fairly new to this site and hope to get all the online support I need too. My surgery date is TOMORROW !!!! Egads! I am still trying to make sure I have all or most of my post op stuff ready so I don't have to leave my house for a few days until I feel good again.

This is a great site / forum with a lot of great people just like you who are going through this journey together. Worried or full of questions - ask here or in the Post Op section I am sure someone will be happy to answer your questions.

-Brian :)

Thanks Ce Ce.. good to hear that you are doing well. I put moist heat on my shoulder tonight.. definitely made a difference! I had a Greek yogurt for dinner tonight and added a little sugar free applesauce to thin it out.. It was yummy!! And I felt full which is perfect!! Off to whatch a little tv w/ the hubby.. enjoying the piece and quiet in the home.