Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Our Special Dates:

Today: nobody

Next Week:

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis, playermimi, msmith73

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign, lemonchick*, Brian-LA

September 9 - Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic

September 10 - jlr58, ally UK, angelpix, jmariedel, jlr58, Mandyrae

September 11 - missjoany

Third Week of Sept:

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley*, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123*

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz*, MrsFitand42*

Fourth Week of Sept:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010*

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl

Fifth Week of Sept:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA, ocbutterfly, david314

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80*

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure, cndalbs*

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

Scarred4Life

16 have crossed over to Bandland:

ahlmanfamily - from MA

BandedNellie - from CT

cece1967 -from CA

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

Esin - from London, England

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jshort - Jennifer from MO

kydman - from KY

Lanah - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

pooky032281 - from OK

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

Run Girl Run - from MO

spitfireleo - from MA

Congratulations Swissnis for Being Cleared! Onward and upward from here.

Cathy,

There is no Fluid in my band. Honestly, I haven't tried to take big swallows or gulps because the dietitian told us that it could cause vomiting or other problems.

We were instructed to make the 8oz shake/drink and pour 2 ounces at a time into smaller containers (like my adorable neon shot glasses!). We are to consume each 2oz cup in 15 minute increments. It's supposed to take an hour to get the 8 oz in. That's 24oz. a day from the Protein Drinks and we are to aim for 24oz of other sugar free beverages. Don't think I'm making it on the "other liquid" category but I don't think I'm getting dehydrated, either. I'll just keep working at it.

The only think I'm noticing today is that I am just not comfortable - not in agony but just not comfy. Walking and moving definitely helps. Trying to tear my mom away from watching her college football games to take me to Target or something (with AC!) to walk around for a bit. The house is starting to feel very confining!

Rebecca,

So glad you're doing well. Hang in there with the shakes!

Blessings to you all!

gracerev

Hey all,

Today has been a pretty good day for me. My hubs and I just got back from taking a mile long walk. How is everyone else doing today?

Pooky good for you!

I am taking all your posts in while waiting for Thursday to come around...it is great to read everyones status update, from "just approved" to finally banded and even "years later" updates... I use the forum especially when I "feel" like eating; not hungry but looooooooonging for foods that are not healthy and have brought me to this point....

My doc wants a 2 week pre-op low carb

post-op:

2 week fluids ( Protein shakes)

2 weeks pureed food

2 weeks soft food

fills around 6 weeks

I started my preop earlier with good weight loss so far....

Hurry up Thursday!!!

Greetings from NC!

Pre-op done. Paperwork to insurance submittned on 8/1 (BCBSNM). Started pre-op diet yesterday 8/3 and I'm starving!!! Once approved surgery will be on the 16 or 17. If insurance denies I've lost $50 for Protein that I purchased from bariatric clinic and hopefully 10-15 lbs. This protein brand is the worst I've ever tasted. YUCK!!! Wish me luck!

My date is Sept 21st...so exicted. It has taken me a long time to get to this point. I am on day 5 of the pre surgery diet and I am starving!!! No...not really, I just think I am. Good Luck to all!!!:biggrin:

ledgins, what does your pre-op diet consist of? Mine is 2 Protein Shakes and 1 can of Soup at nighttime. Tonight is very difficult for me. My stomach growls like a bear lol. I think I'll eat my soup after 9pm after today.

Good Luck to you... Wish mine was this week...have 2 more weeks to go

jakealta.. Is that all you get? My pre-op diet is :

1 pack weight control oatmeal....3 oz lean protien..2 cups raw veggies or 1 cup cooked veggies....6 oz yogurt...

4 oz. applesauce or 3 oz fresh fruit...and 4-6 oz sugar free jello.....2 -3 protien shakes a day....

OMG, no wonder why I'm starving!!! Yes, this is all I get. I can also have sugar free Jello, but, it fills me for 10 minutes after I eat the whole bowl. I'm gonna call the dr. on Tuesday and ask if I can have something else, and that's only if I can survive until then. Wow, what the heck is my dr. thinking????

I can't believe my surgery is almost here! My date is 9/10. My dr doesn't do a pre-op diet, but I'm going to eat very light this week.

I am excited, but also nervous. I want to be sure I'll have everything I need. I have my chewable vitamins, gas-x strips, sugar free Jello, sugar free pops, chicken broth & of course plenty of Water for the clear fluids stage. I was going to buy some Isopure rtd bottles also. Is there anything else people had? This is same day surgery for me, but I'm not scheduled until 2 pm. How long after the procedure did you have to stay?

Pre-op done. Paperwork to insurance submittned on 8/1 (BCBSNM). Started pre-op diet yesterday 8/3 and I'm starving!!! Once approved surgery will be on the 16 or 17. If insurance denies I've lost $50 for Protein that I purchased from bariatric clinic and hopefully 10-15 lbs. This protein brand is the worst I've ever tasted. YUCK!!! Wish me luck!

Stick with your pre op diet but you might want to ask your medical provider if you can switch to a better tasting shake; many good tasting ones around. No need to stick with something you hate...several threads on that already. I tried a sample the other day, terrible..so I stick with what I like....big differences...that's for sure! And I wish you best of Luck!!!

I am a September 2010 Bandster although I am still pre-op. My surgery date for LAP-BAND®® surgery is 9/17/2010. I'm scheduled for the surgery at NYU. My surgeon is George Fielding.

Best of luck in getting your insurance approval for the LAP-BAND® procedure. My insurance originally denied my procedure but my doctor's office did a medical appeal and the denial was overturned. I've now been approved for the LAP-BAND® procedure.