Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I'm so excited, my surgeon's office just called me and my insurance company approved me. So my date is Sept. 10. I've been waiting for this for so long. But now I feel like I have a million things to do to prepare. Help!!!

So I am so sad right now. Found out my husband, my biggest support, the love of my life, HAS to be out of town the week before, during, and the week after my surgery. I have my Mom coming to my house to take care of me and my daughter, but I want my husband there! I am so sad, but understand that he needs his job to pay for this, it's just really disappointing!:o

So sorry to hear that. That really does suck but try to stay positive. At least your mom can help you! Im sure he'll be on the phone with you as much as possible and sending all his support and love your way!

jlr58- Congratulations! Thats awesome! Not too long now!

PS- Im having a "fat" day... how ironic is that... Uhhh I can't wait to have fat days when I am less fat. LOL

ok so now I'm confused. I also have a profile pic, that when I click on my name I see it, but not here.

and with the signature, I did the upload, but still no.

lastly where do you find out about the weight tickers etc.

oh sorry this is lastly, I can't seem to find Ortiz my Dr. on the stats list. but I've seen others with Ortiz as their Dr. I'm so stupid with this stuff

well it looks like the signature is now there?

but still no pic? and the other things too.

Clothes Exchange:

Ok, here is an example of one option we could look at for the exchange for people who are interested: Clothes Exchange for Bandsters

The nice thing about this is easy picture posting and a quick way to see if the item is still available or has already been claimed.

The issue with this (and with a yahoo group) is that it requires you to register at a new site if you aren't already. There is no cost involved, but it is "an extra step" that might make people not participate.

A straight up email list is also easy to do, but might be more difficult to unsubscribe from and also might be more difficult to see if someone has "claimed" an item of clothing already.

If this is something you're interested in, let me know what you prefer.

Stateofzen: I think It's Beautiful, I like it my self we will see what the other say. I'm for it.

I was thinking when a item is no longer available, When we Email or Pmail the sender of the clothing, the sender can let us know if it's still available.

So I am so sad right now. Found out my husband, my biggest support, the love of my life, HAS to be out of town the week before, during, and the week after my surgery. I have my Mom coming to my house to take care of me and my daughter, but I want my husband there! I am so sad, but understand that he needs his job to pay for this, it's just really disappointing!:mad2:

Hserra; I under how you may fill, that's a bummer. Like was said early you can phone him on his down time. Because DH can't be there who better to care for you then mom. Just think of when you was a little girl and sick, mom always knew the right thing to say and do. The time will pass, before you know it, DH will be back home.

I'm so excited, my surgeon's office just called me and my insurance company approved me. So my date is Sept. 10. I've been waiting for this for so long. But now I feel like I have a million things to do to prepare. Help!!!

Jlr58 Congratulations :o:P :sad: :tt2:

I got my date for Sept 10th but it wasn't without lots of hassle the scheduler never even called me!!! I had to actually go up there and demand to see her.... I was like geez it's like this?? it almost gave me 2nd thoughts about having it but I got over it real quick once she gave me my date...now I'm only two weeks away...I start my liver shrinking diet tomorrow.... Do you guys have to do a liver shrinking as well??

Edited by jmariedel

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the support. I finally reached my UHC nurse counselor and she assured me that I did not need the 5 year history. I spoke to the surgeon and they sent everything in on Tuesday. Now I just wait. So nervous.

Cathy, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! I am on my blackberry or I would add dancing smilies because you deserve fanfare for being so devoted to this group. We'll all be there waiting when you get home. (I mean here online. Not in your actual home because that would be creepy and weird. Lol) my thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

@jmari yes i have to be on a liquid diet also....i am a little dizzy today but i am just takin it slow..

Cathy,

Good Luck tomorrow:thumbup: Let us know how it went & how you feel. You will do awesome.....

Good Luck Cathy; keep us posted even if just a quick " I am okay"....

I will have my pre-op tomorrow....and on 9-9-10 is my BIG day.... doing well with my preop diet... changed to 2 shakes a day today, makes it easier....

You all have a great night!

Hello everybody and thank you for the support for tomorrow. I can't believe my day is actually here. I am so looking forward to this.

Just got home from San Antonio's pre-op appointment. Confirmed with the doc as too which hospital he was going to in the morning and seems that everything has been straightened out. We are a GO for tomorrow. I'll be leaving the house at 3am to get their for 5am and surgery is scheduled at 8am.

I will definitely let you guys know how things work out. The doc mentioned that I could stay overnight or go home the same day, it's up to me on how I feel and if I can make the 1.5 hr drive without getting sick, plus I'll have to work around rush hour traffic on a Friday. Yuck.

One neat thing that happened today was that the doctor gave me my pain prescription so that I could fill it tonight instead of tomorrow on the way home. I thought that was real sweet of him.

lillyegg -- I am so glad that you were not required to have a 5 year weight history. What a relief. You must let us know the minute you hear something, ok maybe the second minute you hear something.

mariedel -- Congratulations on your surgery date. It's a huge relief and just think it's only 2 weeks away. I did the pre-op diet, did not mind the 3 shakes and a regular meal but these past 2 days suck being on just liquid. I have to pee too much.

LisaA - The ticker is super easy. I went to tickerfactory.com typed in my info, selected a 4 digit pin and then hit the next button. On the second page in the first box labeled bbCode - copy the entire stuff and then go under the Quick Links tabe and select edit signature and paste. Wala it's there.

The picture under my name in the left column is an avatar. To add that go under Quick Links again, Edit Avatar. You can use on of theirs or you can use the browse and add your own. Mine is my lazy but happy cat.

jlr58 -- Congratulations on your surgery date. I loved my 2 weeks getting ready for my surgery date. I broke it down and did just one thing and then moved on too the next. For example I did Vitamins one day then Protein Drinks and Protein Bars another day, then the grocery shopping (for Soups, sugar free stuff, etc) on another day. If you have any questions, please post and we'll give you lots of help.

hserra -- So sorry to hear that your husband won't be there for you right before your big day. At least you'll have your mother and US in his absence.

Clothes Exchange:

Ok, here is an example of one option we could look at for the exchange for people who are interested: Clothes Exchange for Bandsters

The nice thing about this is easy picture posting and a quick way to see if the item is still available or has already been claimed.

The issue with this (and with a yahoo group) is that it requires you to register at a new site if you aren't already. There is no cost involved, but it is "an extra step" that might make people not participate.

If this is something you're interested in, let me know what you prefer.

Wow, that is awesome that you are working on this for us. I think whatever the link is that you have is prefect. I love it and I'll be glad to sign up for anything, just let me know where, when and how. I'll be there. I really appreciate what you are doing for us. In another month you'll be everyone's hero because we won't be like that girl on the bluefly.com commercial that has nothing to wear.

CS Texas

I like this liquid Calcium, way at the bottom of this link is just calcium

Liquid Vitamin supplement and liquid multi vitamin mineral

perfect. Thanks Lisa.

Our Special Dates: (only 6 more days before our fun begins. We are now in the single digits :o)

September 1 - BandedNellie, karmaandkismet, cece1967

September 2 - rkwilliams1013, Run Girl Run, pooky032281, ahlmanfamily, Loyalfriend, spitfireleo

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev, ILUVFOOD

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis, playermimi

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39

September 9 - Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic*

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42, ally UK, angelpix, jmariedel*, jlr58*

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star*

September 21 - angellegna29*

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830*

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl

September 27 - babyk, LisaA, ocbutterfly*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

Some of you guys have been deliquent in posting. Please take the time to update us on your situation. We want to hear from you guys.

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

I have been approved for Sept 24th...I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited :o

I think thats amazing that you are adopting from foster care. I am a Clinical Social Worker and worked in the foster care setting for about 2 years (now Im doing individual and group psychotherapy) so I can tell you hands on, you are doing such a wonderful thing. God Bless you for having the courage and love to do so. Of course there is nothing like biological children I guess (i don't have any yet) but these adopted children will instantly become your children. You will love them as your own. There are other circumstances that you will have to face with adopted children, then with bio-children-due to their history and backgrounds but with paitience, love and understanding, you will do great! How old are the kids and how many are you adopting? Has these particular children been with you at all as foster children? Good luck with the home study, Im sure it will be just fine. As far as being banded around the same time, other then the emotional stress, I think that you and the children will be just fine! How exciting! I know you are stressed and a bit overwhelmed with everything, but just think, soon you will have a new you, your own family and probably great recognition at work for all the extra things you have been doing! Hang in there!

For me personally, I don't feel like things around me are going crazy but mentally I am. I guess I just have a lot of expectations for myself and nervous at the same time. I mean, I only have 11 more days (not counting today or the actual surgery day).

Thanks. We dont know what children yet. We have said we are open to 1-4 children in a sibling group ages 7-14. I am really excited to be a mom. I see the band has making me a healthier more active mom. I cant wait for 6 months from now... I will be banded and on my way to a new health start, we will have are children and begin the healing process with them. :o I am so excite to get things moving

Hi Septemerber bandsters! I just got the call today, my sugery date is scheduled for September 24, 2010. It seems unreal, I haven't told anyone yet (except my boss, so I could get the week off) but not the people that matter. I think I'm trying to comprehend that this is really happening, that I'm really about to start a brand new journey!