Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Ok Ya'll here are my most famous Protein recipes. You can modify each and every one of these depending on taste, likes/dislikes, and available Protein powder flavors!

The key to these recipes is to keep them as low cal, and sugar free as possible. So make sure that you use low carb yogurt, and sugar free ingredients. The first week of my pre-op diet I had horrible brain drain where I was tired all the time and had no energy, so the Peanut Butter cup recipe gave me a few extra calories, extra Protein, and the energy to keep going. I hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as I have and they make the pre-op diet so much easier! Enjoy!

Morning Mocha

chocolate Protein Powder

Scoop of instant coffee

Skim milk/Soy milk

Ice

Orange Crème

vanilla Protein powder

Orange Crystal Lite

Ice

Tropical Breeze

vanilla Protein Powder

Vanilla Yogurt

1 Cup Mixed Frozen fruit

Ice

Orange Julius

Vanilla protein powder

6 oz plain yogurt

6 oz orange juice

Butterscotch Candy

Vanilla Protein Powder

1 scoop sugar free butterscotch pudding mix

Skim milk/soy milk

Peanut Butter Cup

chocolate Protein Powder

1 tsp. Peanut Butter

Milk/water

Blueberry berry

Vanilla Protein Powder

Vanilla Yogurt

Blueberries

Water/ice

The Hulk

Vanilla Protein Powder

1 scoop SF Pistachio pudding Mix

Milk/Ice

Cinnamon Roll

Vanilla Protein Powder

Cinnamon

Vanilla Extract

Ice

Chocolate Almond Delight

Chocolate Protein Powder

A few raw Almonds/ Almond Extract

Milk/Water

Ice

Vanilla coffee Delight

Vanilla Protein Powder

1 Scoop Instant Coffee

Milk

Gingerbread Man

Vanilla Protein Powder

1 Graham Cracker

Cinnamon

Vanilla extract

Ice/ Water

Key Lime Pie

Vanilla Protein Powder

! scoop SF Lime Pudding Mix

1 Graham Cracker

Ice/ Milk/Water

Strawberry Delight

strawberry Protein Powder

strawberry Yogurt

Ice/Water

Edited by rkwilliams1013

Man RK, you are so creative, this is great! thanks.

LisaA -- I read somewhere in all my paperwork that actually 1 in 4 bariatric patients will have a hernia. They are super simple to fix and just think you would be getting 2 corrections in 1 surgery. Can't bet that.

I think maybe I ate fast because I did not want to be the last one still eating. I feel so much more in control of my eating (it's mentally right now) but I certainly don't like puking and that will be a lesson that only takes 1 or 2 times then it too will be learned.

Butterfly2010 -- "will you be starting a post op September thread?" I had not thought of it. At the end of September when everyone has had their surgery, we'll see what everyone wants to do.

I live in a little same town so everything I bought was online. I have to say everything came in very quickly and perfect. I would not hesitate ordering again on line. I did the Vitamin Shoppe for Vitamins of course and did BodyBuilder.com for the Protein shakes. They where the only ones that I found that offered Isopure Mint chocolate Chip. Also got the banana Cream, Cookies and Cream, Strawberries and Cream and another Dutch chocolate.

Brian-LA -- Welcome and glad to add another guy to our family.

Its great you have the means to pay yourself for such a life changing event that is for you. Since you are getting the fast track version, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Lizstar319 -- Congratulations for your surgery date and glad to have you aboard. Hope you hear positive news from your insurance company quickly. We are very glad to you chosen to be a part of our family and look forward to your input.

playermimi -- thank you for your kind words.

wendyhart -- glad to hear from you again. If you need any support, we are here for you.

Mandyrae -- Sorry to hear that your surgery was bumped but we are glad to have you. My surgery was bumped from Sept to yesterday but I could not leave this fantastic group of folks here. Did the doc's say why your heart is enlarged?

swissnis -- I was told the higher the Protein level is the more full you will be. I don't know if that is just another line of bull but I went to Isopure for the 50 gms of protein per drink. I have to admit they do keep me satisfied.

Here is my update. I slept like a baby last night in my bed. Actually I slept in the guest bedroom because my husband snores and I am a light sleeper but had no problems or discomfort. When I slept on my sides, I had a pillow supporting my belly. I sure those of us who had babies, know that I'm talking about. But basically you just have a pillow crammed up under the belly for support.

The trick to sitting up in bed is the lay on your side next to the edge, then using your arm, push yourself up. You barely use your stomach muscles for lifting.

Every time I woke up I would sip some Water. So last night was get up pee, sip Water and back to sleep. I found one of those sports bottles that has the pop up lids so that you can squeeze the liquid out but instead of squeezing I would suck the water out. But at least when I tilted it in bed to drink it did not pour out on me, plus because I had to suck it out, I did not have any air in my mouth. Swallowing air hurts. Feel fine no pain but of course the meds are working on that one.

Glad to see so many new folks and this week will be exciting to see several more having their surgery.

Cathy

Thanks so much RK! Now I'm actually looking forward to starting the pre-op diet.

And thanks to everyone else who chimed in with websites and flavors. This will be extremely helpful.

rkwilliams1013 -- can't wait to try these. Thanks so much for posting them.

RK, thanks for the recipes. So much better than the list I have of pre-mixed or powder and milk.

Cathy, glad to hear you are doing well. It doesn't even seem you had surgery yesterday. thanks for posting and keep updating. We are all so close and knowing that you have gone through it and doing so well is very refreshing.

I am getting very nervous. Am I doing the right thing? I am starting with a "lower" BMI and most of the opinions I have been getting is that I should do it with diet and exercise--uh, because I hadn't thought of that before. But, those comments seem to be lingering in my mind more and more. I even had a dream/nightmare about it.

Lanah, its perfectly normal to be nervous! We have the same surgery date, and I'm nervous too! I have cleaned every square inch of my house and done every last piece of laundry to keep my mind busy and not on having surgery on Thursday!

I'm not so nervous about the surgery itself just everything I have to remember afterwards.

rkwilliams1013: thanks so much for the receipes....

Cathy: so glad to hear you are doing well :)

For folks interested in participating in a clothes exchange over the next year or so :)

I have started a community here: Clothes Exchange for Bandsters

To join the community, you must create an account at LiveJournal: Discover global communities of friends who share your unique passions and interests.. Then, post a comment on the welcome thread at the community and you'll be granted membership. Once you've joined, read the rules, ask any questions you might have, and start exchanging.

You are also welcome to invite other bandsters you know who might not be on this thread, but I do think we should limit membership to bandsters.

Rebecca,

Thanks for the recipes! Hard to believe we only have 4 more days!!!

For folks interested in participating in a clothes exchange over the next year or so :)

To join the community, you must create an account at LiveJournal: Discover global communities of friends who share your unique passions and interests.. Then, post a comment on the welcome thread at the community and you'll be granted membership. Once you've joined, read the rules, ask any questions you might have, and start exchanging.

You are also welcome to invite other bandsters you know who might not be on this thread, but I do think we should limit membership to bandsters.

This is such a great thing. I just signed up, using the same name and picture as I do here, so others will recognize me in case I am lost. But I can't figure out how to find the Clothes Exchange Community.

When you get a chance can you help me locate your community.

Thanks,

Cathy

Hard to believe we only have 4 more days!!!

It will go by fast. Wish you well and let us know how you are doing afterwards.

September 17 - I know my insurance won't pay so I'm not even going to go through that stress. It may be a bunch of money but I figure I'll get that money back in a couple of years without all the restaurant and grocery bills! Though I will probably more clothing expenses!

It's time. I need to do this for me.

Helgainaz: Congratulations on your surgery date. You are bless that you're able to pay for your surgery. We can not put a price on health. At the end you will be more healthier.

Do what you must if your able to.

September bandsters - Good luck to all of you. I have my date Sept 20. I can't believe it really going to happen. Now if I can just avoid the Last Supper Syndrome I should be ok.

RACandler: Welcome to our group and congratulations on your surgery date.

Hi everyone Tomorrow is day number 1 of the pre-op for me. I'm ready and willing to start! Insurance is all set . My bag is packed and I am stocking up on the foods I will need for the next three weeks. I'm hoping to stay away from the super market. I told my family every man for himself in the kitchen. I no longer am the chief cook and bottle washer. I am glad I have no little kids to cook for! :thumbup:

playermimi: how is the pre-op-diet so far. That's the way to do set up everything, when you come home all you have to do is get better.

My surgery date is scheduled for Sept. 28th. I'm so excited. I can't wait to start this new journey in life.:)

Newbs: Congratulations, and welcome toLooking for September 2010 Bandsters

Hi guys! I can't believe I am being banded this week!

I like Premier Protein shakes too and their great when I'm out and can't mix my own.

I have created a book of Protein Shake recipes I will be happy to share with everyone. Variety keeps the taste buds happy!

I have been on my liquid diet for almost two weeks and am feeling great! Not to mention I've lost eleven pounds!

rk: Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. I must agree variety do make the taste buds happy, also will help promote me to do the right thing.

Well I was part of the August rush, was going to have surgery on the 26th and 3 days before my surgery I got the call that I had to cancel the surgery due to my chest xray showing my heart is enlarge..Had my EKG the other day and just waiting to get the all clear so I can set up my new September date!

Mandyrae: Sorry to hear that, I hope things work out. I will keep you in my prays.

New poster here! Just got word yesterday that my insurance approved the surgery, and I am all set to go for Sept. 23rd!

I'm Liz from NYC, and I'm 31 years old. Have been overweight/obese for at least the last 20 years. I seriously started looking into LB about a year ago, but didn't actually make it to a seminar until December. I found out for sure that my insurance required the 6 month supervised diet, and also that the surgeon's office I chose (NYU Medical Center in NYC) had just added this component to their practice, so I was able to do it all in house.

Started the 6 month program in January, completed it in July, and then the surgeon's office submitted me last week.

I start my pre-op liquids (2 weeks) on September 9th, and am planning to use Carnation Instant Breakfast (the powder, not pre-made). It's something I already love, so I won't be throwing away money on something I might hate. Not so sure how much I'll love it after 6 a day for 2 weeks, though :(

I'm excited and nervous to start this journey, but can't wait! Very glad I made this choice. I started a blog (am planning on writing more often as I progress), and would love to be part of the September 2010 Bandsters!

Tales from the Band

Lizstar319: Welcome to "Looking for September 2010 Bandsters, we are happy to happy you as a part of our group. Congratulations on you approval and your surgery Date.

Hello My Fellow Sept. Bandsters !

I am Brian & I live in Los Angeles, CA. I started my LAP-BAND®®®®®®®®®®®® journey on Wednesday August 11 and I have a surgery date of Wednesday Sept the 8th. I am about 5'7" and 250lbs. I have been overweight almost my entire life except for a few years in Army ROTC in college.

UNFORTUNATELY my insurance does not cover the LAP-BAND®®®®®®®®®®®® so I will be Self Pay. It sucks but I figure it is worth it and I desperately want to change my life now and get this weight off once and for all.

My Surgeon is Dr. Michael Feiz of Beverly Hills. He stopped counting his LAP-BAND®®®®®®®®®®®® surgeries after 1000 and he does 10-15 a week.

I have gone through a general physical, blood work, x-rays, psych eval, nutritional counseling and I have a appointment to be scoped on Wednesday.

Things are going extremely fast and I do have some apprehension at the speed of it all but I also am sick and tired of being obese and want to get on with my life. I have accomplished a lot of my life goals in the last few years and my weight and my social life ( or lack of ) are my last goals left. smile.gif

Brian-LA: welcome and we are happy to have you as part of our group.

stateofzen: Thank you so much for setting this up for us.

That's so kind of you. I will be signing up today.

Hi all and thanks for asking about day one of pre op. It went ok . I took a nap this afternoon so here I am at 1:34 am . I can't say I'm hungry but I do feel as though something is missing. I had one shake and two yogurts as well as lots of h2o . Its probably not enough , but I have eaten more than enough these past few weeks to live off of the fat of the land. Ill check in later to find out how you all are doing. Keep up the good work CS.

If you can do it we can do it too.

This is such a great thing. I just signed up, using the same name and picture as I do here, so others will recognize me in case I am lost. But I can't figure out how to find the Clothes Exchange Community.

When you get a chance can you help me locate your community.

Thanks,

Cathy

Hi Cathy-

Try following this link: Clothes Exchange for Bandsters

if that doesn't work, let me know!