Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

hi everyone! Sorry I was not able to get back to this thread sooner, but it was a busy day trying to tie up loose ends. My M.D.s pre op does not have solid food only cottage cheese ,yogurt, ricotta cheese 1 cup three times daily or less, low sugar low carb shakes such as Atkins or carnation instant Breakfast sugar free, sugar free Jello and popsicles as much as you want and unlimited sugar free soft drinks .

Clear broth, 2 cups of juice and up to 3 sugar free fudgicles.

This is supposed to help shrink the liver and help establish the ability to stay on a liquid diet. It help to know others will be doing this along with me and probably white knuckleing it for a few days while we detoxify. Keep in touch .:(

Warning !!!!! Watching top chief on an all liquid day makes one hungry.

Cathy, I have to keep that in mind.

Hey congrats david

momof5 yikes that sounds like something my mom would say, man I hope I never say things like to my kids.

Angel, you rock, the time off will be good, just keep chugging and get what you can done.

It's funny I have another issue I'm wondering about on the do you see yourself as fat vein. So most of them time - except when I see picutres of myself- I feel like I look pretty good. but the pictures I just cringe. However I can honestly say that has always been the case, no matter what size. Maybe as a teen when I could get into a size 6 by using a hanger to pull the zipper, but even when I wore size 12 pants I would just cringe at pictures of my self- I wonder if now that I"ve gotten all the way to size 24 if that will be the same. I mean I remember being so ashamed that my levis were a 32" waist that I cut the tag off. I thought that you had to wear 26"- which was never something you could put on even my skeleton. I just don't have that build. I just wonder if I will recognize and be happy with my size, if I'm more mature now and have a different standard?

danide -- "QUESTION- Do you really see yourself as fat as you are?" I still picture myself and feel the same as I did in college (23 yrs ago). So no I absolutey don't see myself as FAT until I see the pictures then I'm OMG.

I was looking into this last night thinking the same thing and trying to figure out how to add pictures. The only thing that I came up with is to do a group email. I'm game. I'd rather give my clothes to my family here and the local goodwill.

Maybe we could do a yahoo group? Or a livejournal blog? I don't want to get too complicated, but either one would allow "invited" or private membership, and anyone in the group the ability to post pictures.

A simple email group like you suggested could work too. I could set up a private email sign-up and then once everyone got one "to the group email", they could save the message and just reply all with pictures. The only problem I see with that is that it might be difficult to get yourself off the email list once you're done and I'd hate to annoy people with unwanted emails.

Maybe we could do a yahoo group? Or a livejournal blog? I don't want to get too complicated, but either one would allow "invited" or private membership, and anyone in the group the ability to post pictures.

A simple email group like you suggested could work too. I could set up a private email sign-up and then once everyone got one "to the group email", they could save the message and just reply all with pictures. The only problem I see with that is that it might be difficult to get yourself off the email list once you're done and I'd hate to annoy people with unwanted emails.

stateofzen: That sounds like a good ideal.

Hi I still cut out labels and now that most labels in plus stores have started printing the size inside there is no running away! I have a warped self image many thin people think they are fat and many heavy people often don't think they are as big as they are. Unfortunately, I am one of those. You are so right. A picture speaks a thousand words.

We are in the process of adopting children from the foster care system. I am really excited bot our home study (the final step before the adoption is Monday).

Should I be considering bring children in to my home right ofter getting banded? I have always wanted to be a mother but have been unable to stay pregnant. One of the reason I am getting banded is to control PCOS. In hopes that some day we can have biological children.

Sorry for ranting. Does anyone else feel as if thing are going crazy as the big day come closer.

I think thats amazing that you are adopting from foster care. I am a Clinical Social Worker and worked in the foster care setting for about 2 years (now Im doing individual and group psychotherapy) so I can tell you hands on, you are doing such a wonderful thing. God Bless you for having the courage and love to do so. Of course there is nothing like biological children I guess (i don't have any yet) but these adopted children will instantly become your children. You will love them as your own. There are other circumstances that you will have to face with adopted children, then with bio-children-due to their history and backgrounds but with paitience, love and understanding, you will do great! How old are the kids and how many are you adopting? Has these particular children been with you at all as foster children? Good luck with the home study, Im sure it will be just fine. As far as being banded around the same time, other then the emotional stress, I think that you and the children will be just fine! How exciting! I know you are stressed and a bit overwhelmed with everything, but just think, soon you will have a new you, your own family and probably great recognition at work for all the extra things you have been doing! Hang in there!

For me personally, I don't feel like things around me are going crazy but mentally I am. I guess I just have a lot of expectations for myself and nervous at the same time. I mean, I only have 11 more days (not counting today or the actual surgery day).

stateofzen: That sounds like a good ideal.

stateofzen: I too think it's a great idea....

I just wonder if I will recognize and be happy with my size, if I'm more mature now and have a different standard?

I think that most people have an unrealistic self image. Like you, most of us were "thinner" at some point and thought we were fat then. Now, at least for me, I have a better sense of myself and where I know I would be happy physically. Being a size 20 (tight 20 but 22 is too big) now, I can appreciate a size 16, 14, 12, and 10. Because I have gotten this big and to my breaking point, I recognize where I went wrong, why I went wrong and have changed my mental image a little. I was truelly happy when I was a size 14/16 but society made me feel it wasn't good enough but now this is about ME, not society. And mentally (before looking at mirrors, reflection, clothing size and photos), I feel like I am smaller so now its time to live and be where I envision myself.

We ALL need to start changing our mentally and make it fit to the physical changes we will have. Make a list and start really digging deep inside yourself.... 1-Where do you realistically believe you will be happy. 2- what is your ultimate goal 3- what weight would you accept (we all cant be 140 lbs and a size 5 realistically, so where would you be comfortable). 4-Why do you really want to lose weight (is it for you, is it for society, is it for someone else) 5-What lifestyle changes do you think will occur (cause there will be tons) 6- How will those changes fit into your current world 7-How will you prepare yourself to handle feelings/emotions/situations that will make you want to just eat and eat and eat (we need to have alternatives now) 8-Who can we truelly rely on to help us through all the changes, challenges, progess and set backs?

I have read stories of some people on this site that did not handle the new them very well. I would like all of us to succeed and have beautiful lives and the only way to do that is to be mentally prepared, be honest with yourself and be realistic (sure I'd love to be a size 5 but realistically, my body will probably do best at nothing below 10- due to past experience and body type). And make sure this is for yourself... Of course you want to be better for your family, for your spouse, for society but ultimately, we will not succeed unless this is for ourself and about ourselves. Everything else is just a bonus. I want this for my health, for my life, for my future, for my happiness... Time for me to be selfish! :o

(sorry I was on my soap box!)

@ Angel- i have 1 bio child and 2 adopted children, no matter what is going on in your life children, adopted or bio, are a challenge to raise.

you becoming more healthy and promising a longer life and to be more present instead of numbing yourself with food is the best gift you can give them!!

GO FOR IT!!:o

don't talk yourself out of surgery, we are all a little nervous....

CS Texas

I like this liquid Calcium, way at the bottom of this link is just calcium

Liquid Vitamin supplement and liquid multi vitamin mineral

so can someone help me, I got the september sweetie signature image that is so lovely, thank you. I uploaded to my signature in my profile, I can see it there, I saved it, I even hit a preview and it's there. but it doesn't show up here? What am I missing.

so can someone help me, I got the september sweetie signature image that is so lovely, thank you. I uploaded to my signature in my profile, I can see it there, I saved it, I even hit a preview and it's there. but it doesn't show up here? What am I missing.

I think you have to actually click on the link next to the picture that says "insert signature picture". Try that.

Clothes Exchange:

Ok, here is an example of one option we could look at for the exchange for people who are interested: Clothes Exchange for Bandsters

The nice thing about this is easy picture posting and a quick way to see if the item is still available or has already been claimed.

The issue with this (and with a yahoo group) is that it requires you to register at a new site if you aren't already. There is no cost involved, but it is "an extra step" that might make people not participate.

A straight up email list is also easy to do, but might be more difficult to unsubscribe from and also might be more difficult to see if someone has "claimed" an item of clothing already.

If this is something you're interested in, let me know what you prefer.

So I am so sad right now. Found out my husband, my biggest support, the love of my life, HAS to be out of town the week before, during, and the week after my surgery. I have my Mom coming to my house to take care of me and my daughter, but I want my husband there! I am so sad, but understand that he needs his job to pay for this, it's just really disappointing!:o