Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

OMG. I am so excited to see so many new bandies coming on board.

LadyT39, cece1967, cicigirl, Angel82 & ebeeze824-- Congratulations and glad to have you guys a part of our family.

LisaA -- Hi Lisa, I don't blame you one bit for deciding not to go with your original doctor. They work for us, we are paying them. If they don't want our money, their loss. About the only thing that will go wrong with the kids is that they will eat a lot of junk food or out every evening and stay up past bedtime. The normal things that go one when dads watch kids. I was too dreading the pre-op diet like so many but it's not bad at all. For years I did the slimfast shakes and this is no different, except I get to drink 3 instead of 2 a day. I have found the Dutch chocolate Isopure from GNC is very tasty. Comes in a huge 3lb tub. The higher the Protein, the more you feel full longer and the Isopure has 50gms per cup. Happy shopping.

BandedNellie -- I do think the pre-op diet keeps us going on the positive with the weight loss. I don't feel hungry one bit and too have lost 7 lbs. Keep up the great work.

leeblewb -- I bet you have an answer before the end of the week. Good luck and let us know when you find out. I'll be praying for a quick and positive response.

stateofzen -- Awesome weight loss. You should be feeling proud as well as good. Keep it up.

sourmissg -- Hi Gale, I will see my surgeon for the second time this Thursday. They called it my pre-op surgery appointment where as today was my pre-op blood work. Do you know which day they plan on submitting your paperwork?

"I need to start drinking my Protein Drinks 2 wks before surgery so I need to start looking into buying". I spent the weekend checking out protein drinks. There is a website I think it is called Mybariatricpantry.com that offers sample packs of Syntec nectar which I hear are great. I'm a little leery of fruity tasting flavors. I guess I am a chocolate, vanilla, strawberry type person but I am serious thinking of ordering a couple of sample boxes just to mix things up. My staple Protein Drink will be Natures Best Isopure - love their dutch chocolate.

Let me tell you about my heart attack this morning. I get a call from the Hospital at 8:10 (the one that I am suppose to be registering with in a few hours) that they are not "in my network" and that I would owe them $1200 today and then 10% of the total cost. :wub: So of course I called Cigna to see which hospitals are covered as "in network" then called the doctors office. Now I am trying to do this at work, its 8:30am and my damn phones would not stop ringing. Imagine that - clients wanting to talk with their brokers - Anyway I finally got a chance to call the doctors office and drop the bomb on them. Of course I get the, "gee I hope we can keep your surgery date" Thinking ya me too. Got a call from the doctors office about 20 minutes later (seemed like an eternity) that all is settled. My surgery date is the same and the new hospital will now be covered 100%. What a relief, so I head to San Antonio at 11 to do pre-registration, blood work, ekg and chest x-rays. Get to the registration office - they have no clue who I am - get that settled. Go to the lab - they have no orders from the doctor (probably sitting at the other hospital), ekg went fine then go down the hall for chest x-rays - they don't use Cigna. So I have 2 hours before my class to find an imaging place that took Cigna. In the end, everything worked out just fine - just a lot of running around town and a little frustration but I am still a go for this Friday. :thumbup:

Cathy

oh man! :) but i am so glad to hear that it is all worked out :w00t:

Thank you for the warm welcomes!!!:thumbup:

I keep getting lost on this site.....i don't know how to find my way back here, i made it this time with my back browser..can someone help me with that?? i am not leaving unitl i get a reply....lol :)

Two ways I do it- first one- go into your profile page, click on customize page under your picture, then click on show all subscriptions, then on the left hand side scroll down to where it says List Subscriptions-- all pages you comment on should be there.

oooorrrrr

in your profile page, on the right side somewhere click on the line that says something like show all subscriptions... that should do the same thing as up on top. but the one up on top will highlight the forums that have new replies.

sunny day -- I felt the same way yesterday. I had my pre-op class last night which is held every 2 weeks for those expecting to have surgery in the next 14 days. It mainly covered what to expect right before surgery, during recovery and my hospital stay. But I was hoping for more literature and some freebies, like a water bottle, samples of Protein drinks, etc. nothing but 3 pieces of paper.

I guess that is what we are all here for. To reach out to others to help fill the gaps that the doctors create.

Cathy

Cathy--thanks for the info (breathing apparatus)...

September 2, 2010 look out baby hear I come.I need to hang with focused bandsters. i don't want to play around with this surgery.

Another September 2nd here. I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow...not really looking forward to that, but excited that means I am getting closer. Thanks for making the waiting go by a little faster. Knowing I'm not alone in this process really helps.

Hi September family!!! i called the Dr office and was told to start my liquid diet on sept 2, and i would see the Dr on the 8th then surgery on the 16th i feel like a step is missing BUT i will do as they say they gave me a list of things i can have .. i guess i expected a little more hand holding:wink2:getting really nervous gd luck to everyone!

Hi Sunny day,

I feel very similar; even when I call and do have a question it is not very personal; so finding this forum has been super helpful....we hold your hand!!! :)

But check and see if you have a local support group. We have one but they only meet once a month. Good group but way to much time in between meetings so reading the posts and posting helps!

We walk with you!!!!

Hey September family :0) had my pre op appointment today. They did urine sample, EKG, Blood work and X-rays. They also informed me of what I have to bring with me and gave me some lung apparatus. GOD I can't wait to look like I did when I was in the Army HOAH

YOU can do it! And we will be your new army for you...we are all fighting the same war!

keep posting on your journey...:)

Our little family here at, Looking for September

2010 Bandsters is growing, it helps to see so many

that have the same goal, to have a healthier live.

Congratulations to all the new ones, and welcome aboard.

Calacake, Spitfireloe, Aliciaj, Playermimi.

Congratulations to all that's starting there per-op-dieting,

I'm so happy and excited for you. Next thing, we will be

reading from you guys is, Today Is The Day, I'm On My Way.:)

Cathy: I have a number of things that I can exchange also.

Things that I have only worn, two or three times at the most.

You and I about are the same size, looks like we will not

be able to exchange with each other.

Good morning everyone Only two days before I start my pre-op program. I am not going to call this journey a diet because it only brings to mind how unsuccessful my attempts have been at keeping the weight I lost off. food has been my friend and enemy for as long as I can remember and it has been a lonely road. Thank you all for welcoming me into the September banders group . Already, I feel more confident that the Lapband is the right choice for me. Together we can do what we can't do alone.:)

One week from today!!! Yikes... so far the hardest part is drinking the 4 Optifast drinks.. they are pretty gross.. But the other part of the diet is not as bad as I imagined.. plus lost another 2lbs.. so moving in the right direction! My kids and I started ZUMBA last night.. lots of fun and definitely gets ya moving!! Have a great day

Good morning everyone Only two days before I start my pre-op program. I am not going to call this journey a diet because it only brings to mind how unsuccessful my attempts have been at keeping the weight I lost off. food has been my friend and enemy for as long as I can remember and it has been a lonely road. Thank you all for welcoming me into the September banders group . Already, I feel more confident that the LAP-BAND®®®®®®®®®®® is the right choice for me. Together we can do what we can't do alone.:(

Playermimi: You're right the pass may have been lonely. But now you have each and everyone one of us here, at" Looking for September 2010 Bandsters, as support". Like you said this journey is not a diet, we will be living a new way of life when it comes to food. Girl go on and do your thing we all are here for each other.

One week from today!!! Yikes... so far the hardest part is drinking the 4 Optifast drinks.. they are pretty gross.. But the other part of the diet is not as bad as I imagined.. plus lost another 2lbs.. so moving in the right direction! My kids and I started ZUMBA last night.. lots of fun and definitely gets ya moving!! Have a great day

BandedNellie: DH ask me to exercise with him after he gtes home from today, My reply was "we will see", after reading how you enjoyed exercising will you family, I think maybe that's the pick me up that I need.

BandedNellie, are you doing ZUMBA at home or at a class? I have been interested in starting it, but just thought I was TOO BIG to attempt a class. Didn't want to embarass myself.

emsbugbug -I ordered it online.. There was an infomertial / show on cnbc.. watched it ordered it.. about $30.00 Not bad and cheaper than a class.. My kids have done it at parties etc.. and LOVE IT!! I will say it is kinda cheesy but fun.. and definitely makes ya sweat!!

BandedNellie -- How exciting just a few more days. This will probably show my age but what is Zumba?

playermimi -- I was not looking forward to the pre-op diet either but it was not all that bad. I did 2-3 Protein Shakes and one regular meal. I have not felt hungry at all and I'm usually the one that is thinking food all the time when I am on a diet but not this time. Plus I have managed to loss 9lbs so that definately kept me going on the positive note. Hang in there, it's not that bad.

Lanah -- Hello and welcome. When I started the pre-op I was like you, just another shake diet and I'll be hungry again in no time at all. But it was not like that. I was told the higher the Protein the more full you will feel longer and I have found it's true. I am using the Isopure and love it plus it taste great.

Run Girl Run -- I can't recall ever being so energized about losing weight as now. This will be the first time in my life that I can eat a small portion and feel full. In the past I would get very discouraged because I was always hungry, and bitchy. Those days are in the past :(