Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Our Month:

(only 11 more days before our fun begins)

September 1 - BandedNellie, karmaandkismet

September 2 - rkwilliams1013, Run Girl Run, pooky032281, ahlmanfamily, Loyalfriend*

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev, ILUVFOOD

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis*

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys*

September 9 - Butterfly2010

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42, ally UK

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10*

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix*

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05

September 23 - emsbugbug

September 27 - babyk

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2*

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy*

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

ready4change10 -- Congratulations on your surgery date. We look forward to hearing from you and your daily thoughts. We'll give you all the support you want and then probably more. We are all going through this together. Glad to have you.

Cathy

BeachBabev-- Wow - surgery 2 days ago. How are you feeling?

Hello!

I'm happy to officially join this group!

I finally got both my insurance approval and my date. I will be banded on September 3.

RK, we're one day apart - with the same surgeon! We'll be in the same preop class on the 25th. I live down in Carrollton so it's a trek up and back but it's worth it.

Here's to all of us who are making new starts in September!

gracerev

So glad to hear of someone in Georgia! I'm waiting on a date. Hopefully they will call me next week. I've been approved and been through the whole nine yards. Just excited and ready!

Thanks to everyone for your input. We all need to hear encouraging words.

PitPat

Pitpat, Congratulations on your approval I hope you receive

your surgery date soon.

BeachBabev, Congratulations on your surgery, hope

you have a fast recovery. Please keep us up to date with your progress.

i was just in my closet and was thinking.....how great it will be to get rid of all my clothes and buy new ones :confused:

I know! Yesterday I went through some stored clothes that I have and realized that I got rid of anything smaller than the a step-down from where I'm at now, so I guess I really will get to shop. It was nice to already be able to pull a few pairs of pants and a few shirts out that I can wear again-- or will be definitely be able to within another 10 lbs!

I have a bunch of stuff I'm probably going to offer up in a clothes exchange before too long, so I can pass clothes on to other people losing who may have started a bit bigger than me.

PitPa -- Congratulations on your approval and hope you hear about a surgery date soon. That was the worse part of me.

stateofzen -- I am not familiar with a clothes exchange. Is that something local or online?

Cathy

I know! Yesterday I went through some stored clothes that I have and realized that I got rid of anything smaller than the a step-down from where I'm at now, so I guess I really will get to shop. It was nice to already be able to pull a few pairs of pants and a few shirts out that I can wear again-- or will be definitely be able to within another 10 lbs!

I have a bunch of stuff I'm probably going to offer up in a clothes exchange before too long, so I can pass clothes on to other people losing who may have started a bit bigger than me.

Yes stateofzen, Share more infor with us about the Clothes Exchange.

I saw one on the internet.

At one of my support group meeting, a couple ladies said

at this time they shop at the good well, bc the weight is coming off so fast.

Hi, I started on May 27th and I'm scheduled for surgery on September 2nd!!!

Hi, I started on May 27th and I'm scheduled for surgery on September 2nd!!!

Loyalfriend: Congratulations, on your Surgery

and welcome to LOOKING FOR September 2010 Bandsters

that is a great idea! i just wanna go shopping and feel great & look great doing it lol but my main goal is to be able to be fit and active so that i can keep up with my kids and have energy to do so.

stateofzen congrats on your weight loss so far that is awesome!

that is a great idea! i just wanna go shopping and feel great & look great doing it lol but my main goal is to be able to be fit and active so that i can keep up with my kids and have energy to do so.

Phershey-same here... I need to keep up with my kids and not pass out on activities because of my weight. I also fly alot because of my job and I hate it that people pass me by because they don't want to sit next to the fat lady:sad: But no more of this for us...:confused:

So fellow September Bandsters, what do you have going on this week?

Here is my schedule:

Monday - blood work and hospital registration at 1 and class at 4

Thursday - pre-op meeting with the surgeon at 3

Friday -surgery at 8am (5 am check in and I have an 80 mile drive). My husband laughed and said while leaving at 3, we'll bet the rush hour traffic in San Antonio.

I have no clue if I will come home Friday or Saturday. Do any of you know if you'll stay a night or come home the same day?

Cathy

Oh Cathy,

I'm so excited for you!

My week isn't nearly as exciting as yours, but I am happy to be going Tuesday evening for a LAP-BAND® support group meeting up at the hospital and then staying at a hotel because my preop class and dr. visit are the next day and I live an hour and a half away. Happy to see folks I've gotten to know at support group and also to enjoy a night at the hotel!

Need to do some cleaning this week to get ready for my mom's arrival next week. It's funny, there are things that I've been putting off doing so I can have a bunch to do closer to the surgery to really keep my mind busy. Don't know if that makes any sense at all, but it is what it is.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

gracerev

So fellow September Bandsters, what do you have going on this week?

Here is my schedule:

Monday - blood work and hospital registration at 1 and class at 4

Thursday - pre-op meeting with the surgeon at 3

Friday -surgery at 8am (5 am check in and I have an 80 mile drive). My husband laughed and said while leaving at 3, we'll bet the rush hour traffic in San Antonio.

I have no clue if I will come home Friday or Saturday. Do any of you know if you'll stay a night or come home the same day?

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Well last Friday I called the hospital to get a pre-op time. So Pre-op at 9:30 on 9/21

SX- 9/22 not sure the time but that they are going to tell me during my pre-op..

Do you guys know if this is when I see my doctor again?

I need to start drinking my Protein Drinks 2 wks before surgery so I need to start looking into buying that...

and yes my doctor wants me to stay overnight but I think that depends on the doctor because from what I have read some doctors have you leave the same day and others have you spend the night...

I am soooo excited for you:thumbup: