Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I had my final appt with the dr yesterday and she told me that my insurance approved the surgery!! Fantastic!! Now I can begin getting excited about it!

Thank sourmissg, I was the same way I did not want to start shopping until I got insurance approval.... But from what I've been reading they are not taking long to make a decision, mine only took about a week. Good luck...

Congrats sannersplace72:thumbup:

I'm going shopping tomorrow for all the Vitamins, see how that goes...

I have my class tonight, start a true liquid diet on Sat.. and I think I am going to start going to the suppoprt group at my hospital Tuesdays.. I am not thrilled about the Vitamins portion of the diet.. they have never agreed with my stomach. And I am very excited that my Husband will be joining me for my pre-op tomorrow. He is the only one who knows what I am doing.. except for you fine folks.. Not prepared nor do not want ANY negativity ( from my mom and siblings ) so we decided to go this route.. I will probably tell my girlfriends after but now it is kinda nice to be going through this JUST with my husband as my support system, and Love him even more for it!!

Congratulations kimmila and sannersplace72 for your approval and Congratulations mom05 for getting your surgery date. All were milestones for me.

I have never been one for needles and in fact when I got married in 1988 I had to do an aids test for the state of Louisiana and I fainted on that one. But this surgery has me so excited. I am so ready to shuck this weight off. I am amazed that I have absolutely no apprehension about doing this and that is just not like me.

Just think in a few short months we will be able to eat those tiny portions, feel full and look great and all at the same time. My daughter eats very healthy (did not learn that from me) and loves to go to those fancy restaurants where they charge you $20 for a cup of food. I have always dodged those places because I did not want to pay $20 for dinner and leave looking for the nearest fast food place. --- Now we can go to those places, enjoy the healthy foods, smaller portions and be satisfied. Can't wait.

BandedNellie I completely feel the same way about my husband now. For years he never knew what I weighted and when I started this, I decided to bring him in. He has been their 100% and is planning on attending our meeting next Monday and the pre-op on Thursday. The other night I made the comment that there will only be half of me to love soon and he said "not half" but same amount just concentrated.

Hope ya'll are having a great day.

Cathy

CONGRATS on the new additions of dates! Woo hoo! The count down begins! :)

SOO today I was thinking (im always thinking- make it stop :eek:) that ... all my life I have been struggling with weight but when I look back at parts of my past, no I wasn't skinny but I wasn't fat... I thought I was fat and I always dieted like all the rest, and exercised.... but why couldn't I be happy with where I was back then? I would kill to be back to what I once was... But because of the naturally skinny and small statured girls in school and society, I felt I was too fat.... A size 12 was GREAT on me. Im not just saying this to cover up my fat but I truelly am larger boned and VERY broad shouldered, so probably a size 10 would be the absolute cut off for me.... Why do we have to be so influenced by others? Why couldn't my family and friends acknowledge that I looked great back then instead of them telling me now-- ohhh yeah when you were in high school and college, you looked really great.. Geese- ya know, could have saved years of my life beating myself up about not being thin... also I had this boyfriend.. we were together for 6 years, starting at the end of 11th grade.. and 7 months after we broke up (after I was fat and in my early 20's), he called me to appologize for making me feel bad about myself all those years. He had the nerve (though I am glad for it) to tell me that he thought I had the perfect body but made me feel like i wasn't good enough purposely because cause he actually felt that he wasn't good enough for me (he appologized for a few things). Okay great but by this point- my self esteem was depleated and still, about 8 yrs later, working on rebuilding my self esteem. WTF. And I only realized about 1 year ago that I hide behind my fat.... I have an amazing boyfriend now (for 3.5 yrs) but because of a few bad breakups in my past, I put on more weight to protect myself... I learned that my thought is, if I am very fat, then thats a good reason to be broken up with and it won't hurt so much to be left cause its expected... but if I was beautiful before and "a great person" and broken up with, why wasn't I good enough..." soooo now that I am 30 and have done a lot of self reflection and therapy- I am so ready to live my life again. One where I feel good about myself and not needing to care what other people think. Now that I know who I am as a person... I can't wait to get back to where I should be physically so I can have the confidence, energy, and pride that I need to do the things I want. And as far as my relationship, he is super supportive and loves me for me but I know he will be super super excited and proud when I get to a nice size (at least to where he met me, if not less).

Thanks for letting me vent again! :thumbup:

Oh and yeah, I didn't start the pre-diet today- I wasn't fully prepared- so heres to tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing? Are we all ready? Its coming closer! YAYYYYYY :tt2:

I just got a tentative surgery date of Sept. 22. Paperwork will be sent to Aetna for their approval. Now I am getting nervous. I will be seeing the surgeon the week before surgery. Tomorrow I will be having my endoscopy test.

Met with my surgeon on 8/18/2010 and have a surgery date set for September 13th. Have started the liquid diet and will be on it until the date of my surgery.

Okay, I went to the seminar last night with my husband. Yeah, it was okay. I learned most of my stuff from here. I have to go to a meeting that only happens once a month so that will be on my record, then the Drs visit on the first. Wow, I feel like I'm jumping thru hoops. Plus I didn't know there would be extra cost besides the procedure. A total of about 450 sum odd dollars. :thumbup: !!!! Not to even mention my $1000.00 deductable. So I look at it this way, if I make it to the once a month meeting, I stand a chance of getting this sooner. :) Then I win the prize, right?

Okay, I went to the seminar last night with my husband. Yeah, it was okay. I learned most of my stuff from here. I have to go to a meeting that only happens once a month so that will be on my record, then the Drs visit on the first. Wow, I feel like I'm jumping thru hoops. Plus I didn't know there would be extra cost besides the procedure. A total of about 450 sum odd dollars. :tt2: !!!! Not to even mention my $1000.00 deductable. So I look at it this way, if I make it to the once a month meeting, I stand a chance of getting this sooner. :eek: Then I win the prize, right?

I feel your pain. I had to jump through the hoops of the insurance company as well.

$50 copay for the once a month meeting for 6 months.

$50 copay for a nutritionist visit.

$25 copay for a psych eval.

$200 deductable has to be met

$1250 for surgery (out of pocket max for the year)

It sounded like so much money to me until I added up what I have spent on Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, diet pills, etc.

I could have paid for my entire procedure by now!!

I just told myself that is was better to just spend this money now and stop wasting thousands upon thousands with a new diet every year......and then still remain fat!!:thumbup:

I'm not banded yet, but I still feel like this will all be worth it in the end. :)

I have my surgery on September 14th, 2010. I am very anxious, nerveous and scared! But I am ready for the journey of "Finding Me" again!:thumbup:

danide -- You go girl.

papoose -- Nice to hear from you again, it's been several weeks.

debrarh -- Congratulations on your surgery date. Glad to have you aboard.

WENDY ANN -- Unfortunately most of here have been at the mercy of our insurance companies for the past several months. Persistence will pay off. Play their game and you will win.

WAH.MOM -- Hello WAH.MOM. Welcome and glad to have another voice in all this chaos.

Edited by CSinTX

so my psych eval just got faxed over to my surgeons office so now all they have to do is send it over to my insurance...my hands and feet are so tingly right now i am so nervous!

Our Month:

September 2 - rkwilliams1013

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev*, ILUVFOOD*

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72

September 8 - NYsLegend78

September 9 - Butterfly2010, Run Girl Run*

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42

September 13 - lillyegg

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily

September 16 - sunny-day, gogtigirlgo*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra

September 22 - ebonykisses

September 28 - Zippy74

September 30 - sourmissg

*newest additions

those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

CSinTX

mom05

TheLovelyMissJ

HeatherinCA

I'm also on 9/2/10....and I got the graphic too, sooooo cute!!!

CONGRATS on the new additions of dates! Woo hoo! The count down begins! :)

SOO today I was thinking (im always thinking- make it stop :eek:) that ... all my life I have been struggling with weight but when I look back at parts of my past, no I wasn't skinny but I wasn't fat... I thought I was fat and I always dieted like all the rest, and exercised.... but why couldn't I be happy with where I was back then? I would kill to be back to what I once was... But because of the naturally skinny and small statured girls in school and society, I felt I was too fat.... A size 12 was GREAT on me. Im not just saying this to cover up my fat but I truelly am larger boned and VERY broad shouldered, so probably a size 10 would be the absolute cut off for me.... Why do we have to be so influenced by others? Why couldn't my family and friends acknowledge that I looked great back then instead of them telling me now-- ohhh yeah when you were in high school and college, you looked really great.. Geese- ya know, could have saved years of my life beating myself up about not being thin... also I had this boyfriend.. we were together for 6 years, starting at the end of 11th grade.. and 7 months after we broke up (after I was fat and in my early 20's), he called me to appologize for making me feel bad about myself all those years. He had the nerve (though I am glad for it) to tell me that he thought I had the perfect body but made me feel like i wasn't good enough purposely because cause he actually felt that he wasn't good enough for me (he appologized for a few things). Okay great but by this point- my self esteem was depleated and still, about 8 yrs later, working on rebuilding my self esteem. WTF. And I only realized about 1 year ago that I hide behind my fat.... I have an amazing boyfriend now (for 3.5 yrs) but because of a few bad breakups in my past, I put on more weight to protect myself... I learned that my thought is, if I am very fat, then thats a good reason to be broken up with and it won't hurt so much to be left cause its expected... but if I was beautiful before and "a great person" and broken up with, why wasn't I good enough..." soooo now that I am 30 and have done a lot of self reflection and therapy- I am so ready to live my life again. One where I feel good about myself and not needing to care what other people think. Now that I know who I am as a person... I can't wait to get back to where I should be physically so I can have the confidence, energy, and pride that I need to do the things I want. And as far as my relationship, he is super supportive and loves me for me but I know he will be super super excited and proud when I get to a nice size (at least to where he met me, if not less).

Thanks for letting me vent again! :thumbup:

Oh and yeah, I didn't start the pre-diet today- I wasn't fully prepared- so heres to tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing? Are we all ready? Its coming closer! YAYYYYYY :tt2:

Thank you for sharing!!!

Cathy.. I know exactly what you mean. Fast food is cheaper but as we know not good for us.

Phershey- Keeping my fingers crossed for you that insurance approval is fast.....:thumbup:

Danide- so true... been there. I look at old pictures when I weighed 140 and I use to think I was sooo huge... but we are starting a new chapter in our life and this is for a lifetime:tongue: