Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Okay everyone- I wrote this in another section because its that annoying to me, but Im just gonna paste what I wrote just to give you all my personal update, just cause I need to vent more! :)

Okay so its official... I have been denied by my insurance company due to the fact that I have not had a BMI of 40 or more for at least 2 years and have no co-morbidities. Uhhhhh.. Grrrrrrrrr :lol: I've been fat all my life except for a few months here and there. Ive only been at BMI of 40 (or more) for about 9 months but soo what.. Ive been over BMI of 35 for like 3 years and BMI of at least 30 for like 10 years, doesn't that count for anything. I have been from 200 to 180 to 225 to 195 to 210 to 230 to 220 to 230 to 245 to 230 to 250 within 4 years, doesn't that count for anything? Okay so what that I don't have a current co-morbidity... itsn't what Im doing PREVENTION... doesn't that court? :biggrin:

Okay so I was denied but that won't stop me. I have already decided and now confirmed that if I wasn't insured, I will pay for the surgery. SO thankfully my parents agreed to lend me the money and I will pay them back monthly. I mean this is my life and my future right... what better investment is that? Its cheaper then my car was so thats a bonus! :huh2: I mean if I can spend $20,000 on a car that can be destroyed in seconds, isn't a $16,000 surgery that can change, improve and potentially save my life well worth it!

So Bye Bye Money but Hello Life! :)

Thanks for letting me vent!

Now I want September 7th to get here even sooner! SCREW YOU AETNA! YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET IN THE WAY OF MY FUTURE! :biggrin:

Sorry Daninde to hear about your insurance; I totally agree with you on the BMI thing... I am also glad you have means to pay it yourself. Let's loooooooooooooooose those pounds....

I'm also a september hopeful :)

So hopeful that I wanted to have a cute graphic to Celebrate (I've seen others that have them with their "band-month"

I made one for girls and one for guys. Let me know what you all think. I love doing graphics (its what I'm going to school for)

What a wonderful gift for us! Thank you LovelyMiss!!! I will try to get mine NOW!

Our Month:

September 2 - rkwilliams1013

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev*, ILUVFOOD*

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72

September 8 - NYsLegend78

September 9 - Butterfly2010, Run Girl Run*

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42

September 13 - lillyegg

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily

September 16 - sunny-day, gogtigirlgo*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra

September 22 - ebonykisses

September 28 - Zippy74

September 30 - sourmissg

*newest additions

those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

CSinTX

mom05

TheLovelyMissJ

HeatherinCA

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

Me too! Me too! Sept 16th!

Been away for a month or so... back into the grind here, though. I'm starting to get nervous

I hope to be banded in September. I have my last appt with PCP this Friday, then packet will be ready to send for insurance. Hopefully Cigna will not drag their feet. I am not taking clients for my business for the end of Sept and early Oct. in hopes that I will be able to have surgery by mid Setp.
I'll be getting the band in September. Seems like forever but I'm sure it'll go by fast.
Same here insurace approval + specific date..
I am hoping to banded in September. My last visit to the surgeon's office is on Tuesday. Then i am told they will submit my paper work to Aetna and it takes a couple of weeks for the insurance to approve. They told that i should not have a problem. My last visit I was told I should have it mid September. I hope so, I am ready.

Good luck to everyone that has their dates already.

We have not heard from you guys lately, hope everything is going well.

I'm also a september hopeful :)

So hopeful that I wanted to have a cute graphic to Celebrate (I've seen others that have them with their "band-month"

I made one for girls and one for guys. Let me know what you all think. I love doing graphics (its what I'm going to school for)

Love your graphics and thanks for giving us some color.

I see you are in Iowa, what school do you go too?

You know my date is really going to be 9/2/2010....kid you not. We so have to stay in touch. Are you located in the midwest ?:cursing:

I got my date on Friday - September 15th!!!

I'm excited and nervous!

Just got my date. September 30th. Thrilled and terrified all at once! :cursing:

Congratulations to all the add on for September.

I have not heard for the insurance company, still don't know of

my paper work was submitted. Wednesday I'm going to

go over to the office if I hear from him by Wednesday.

Lovelymissj, Beautiful job on the graphics, I love it.

Congratulations.

It's a great feeling to know that there is only 1 more obstacle in the way. The actually surgery. Then we are in the home stretch.

Congrats to you too... Hopefully we hear something this week:smile2:

Yay! I have a September 2nd Band Buddy!!! I unfortunately am not in the midwest, I'm in hot and humid Georgia. Anyone know how I can add that graphic to my posts? I love it! You did a wonderful job!

Here you go RK...

to get the logo, you should be able to click the thumbnail to bring it up full sized. Then you right click and chose "save as" or something like that. Save it to your hard-drive and then go to your "User CP" and click "edit signature" and there is a spot to upload it. Make sure you check the box that says something like "Add image to signature".

Thank you all for the feedback :cursing:

Love your graphics and thanks for giving us some color.

I see you are in Iowa, what school do you go too?

Thank you!!

I'm working on getting an online portfolio to showcase my artwork. If/when I get that setup, I'll be sure to post a link somewhere on the boards.

I go to a small community college right now working on my AA in Fine Arts focusing on Digital Art, but hope to transfer to ISU next year.

ok another thing I wanted to add... I told my aunt about the surgery today, and as it turns out, she's starting the process to have thy bypass surgery. I was nervous to tell her because she has always been very judgmental of me (not with the weight, but just every decision in my life) Well so she was supportive, and when I told her I was hoping to have it done by late september she started laughing and said "you wont get it that soon, you'll be lucky to get it by march!" she laughed when I said I have been pretty OCD about researching the surgery and said "if you've done the research then you SHOULD know that you have to wait at LEAST 6 months and do a diet monitored by a license professional" it really discouraged me :cursing: I wanted to say "the research YOU have done and the info YOU have is for a different surgery, with a different surgeon, at a completely different hospital in a completely different part of the state. What you have to do is probably a lot different than what I will have to do!" :)

Thank you!!

I'm working on getting an online portfolio to showcase my artwork. If/when I get that setup, I'll be sure to post a link somewhere on the boards.

I go to a small community college right now working on my AA in Fine Arts focusing on Digital Art, but hope to transfer to ISU next year.

ok another thing I wanted to add... I told my aunt about the surgery today, and as it turns out, she's starting the process to have thy bypass surgery. I was nervous to tell her because she has always been very judgmental of me (not with the weight, but just every decision in my life) Well so she was supportive, and when I told her I was hoping to have it done by late september she started laughing and said "you wont get it that soon, you'll be lucky to get it by march!" she laughed when I said I have been pretty OCD about researching the surgery and said "if you've done the research then you SHOULD know that you have to wait at LEAST 6 months and do a diet monitored by a license professional" it really discouraged me :cursing: I wanted to say "the research YOU have done and the info YOU have is for a different surgery, with a different surgeon, at a completely different hospital in a completely different part of the state. What you have to do is probably a lot different than what I will have to do!" :)

My daughter is at ISU. She is starting her 3rd year in the Design program. Must be a good program to up root my only child from Texas to move to IA. She loves it up there (except the rain).

Back to your Aunt. It's too bad that she was not more supportive that 2 family members were going through this at the same time. Poop on her. We'll be your supportive family till she comes around.