Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I am hoping to banded in September. My last visit to the surgeon's office is on Tuesday. Then i am told they will submit my paper work to Aetna and it takes a couple of weeks for the insurance to approve. They told that i should not have a problem. My last visit I was told I should have it mid September. I hope so, I am ready.

Good luck to everyone that has their dates already.

Hey everyone! Just saying hi and wishing everybody the best. It's so exciting to see all those surgery dates posted, that's awesome!! I have appointments with the doc through mid-september (last one is on the 22nd) and they said it's possible I might have mine before the end of the month, but also possibly early October. I really have no idea if my surgery has been sent in for approval yet or not but I'm told my insurance (ChampVA) isn't a problem. Here's hoping!

Sarah

What a week.

I end my first week of eternity. I thought waiting for insurance approval was bad but waiting for the scheduler to call with a surgery date is just as bad. It's kinda like when I was in high school waiting for a boy to call. That call that just did not come.

I was a pain to the patient advocate in emailing her questions but darn she never would answer, so I went to her manager. I made the comment that it had been several days (which it was) without a word, so I was assuming that she was on vacation. He replied and said I should hear from the scheduler in 1 to 5 days.

I started buying liquids this week to start my pre-op diet. I plan on gradually going into this maybe starting with a couple of liquid only days this next week.

Anyone else buying liquids yet?

Hope everyone had a great week.

Cathy

Hey Cathy,

I have started replacing Breakfast with a Protein shake. I started with Carnation Instant Breakfast-sugar free and ended up...let's just say I was filled with so much gas I could have orbited the Earth. Twice.

I switched to muscle milk-light and it is much better. Next week I am going to try Breakfast and lunch. I am hoping it will make my real pre-op start a bit easier.

Yay for september! Counting down the days.

Hey Cathy,

I have started replacing Breakfast with a Protein shake. I started with Carnation Instant Breakfast-sugar free and ended up...let's just say I was filled with so much gas I could have orbited the Earth. Twice.

That is so funny. I'll be sure to stay away from Carnation Instant Breakfast.

My daughter told me to get muscle milk but at $2 each I opted for EAS Advant Edge Carb Control, they where only $1 each at Walmart. It has 17gms of Protein, only 110 calories, 3gms of Fat and Total carbs is 4gms. I think that is pretty good.

My dietitian save me a list of what the dr's pre-op diet would probably be but I have ranges for protein, fats, total carbs and calories.

Out of Proteins, fats, carbs and calories: What is most important in watching the numbers and which is least important?

Cathy

Hey Cathy,

I switched to muscle milk-light and it is much better. Next week I am going to try breakfast and lunch. I am hoping it will make my real pre-op start a bit easier.

Yay for september! Counting down the days.

Lillyegg, LOL I agree with Cathy that is so funny.

Thanks for the infor when I have to do the pre-op-diet, I know not to get Carnation Instant Breakfast.

I'm still trying to contact the Drs. office to see if the paper work was submitted to the insur.

I'm still trying to contact the Drs. office to see if the paper work was submitted to the insur.

Wow, still not able to contact them by phone. Are you a long ways from them? Can you just jump in your car and drive over?

Have you tried calling your insurance company to see if they have received any paperwork? I was told that my paperwork would be submitted on Friday (by the manager), he then called me on my cell phone at 6 pm to say that there was an image that was scanned incorrectly. He would have it fixed and assured me that paperwork would be submitted Monday. I called my insurance company on Tuesday and they had no record of receiving my request for the LAP-BAND, so I called the doctors office. Left 2 messages, none returned so I emailed my patient advocate and her manager (the one that called me the previous Friday on my cell). Needless to say, I was guaranteed (again) by the manager that it would be sent out the next business day. I called the insurance company on Wednesday, nothing showing but Thursday Cigna said they received it on Wednesday. So it took my insurance company 24 hours for it to show up in their system. Call your insurance company.

I'm giving my dr's office till Tuesday for the scheduler to call me, then I'll be emailing the manager again. Once I was approved, he told me that it could take 1 day to 1 week for the scheduler to call me, so thats all the time she gets before I call again. You would think the doctors would be wanting that insurance money and would be right on the ball to get another surgery scheduled.

I felt SO sure that we would hear something yesterday but guess it was just hunger pains instead. Have a good weekend.

Cathy

Hey September Bandies!! I'm in just under the wire on September 29th!! Good luck to all of you!!

Hi Zippy74 -

Congratulations and welcome to our world.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy!!

Today the insurance company finally responded. I was denied. I have been at this since April and had completed the 6 month supervised nutrition and exercise plan. I have H/C, sleep apnea, gout, bladder incontience, and chronic back pains. My BMI is 37.8 and still I am denied by PA BC/BS. I still don't understand why, but I have decided to dig into my savings, deep into my savings.....I am now being banded by Dr. Ortiz on September 3rd and I am so relieved. I was tired of the stress of waiting, wondering, and dealing with rude people.

I am being banded!!!!!!!

I have also started replacing breakfast with a protien shake. I will officially start my pre-op diet on the 19th.

Best of luck to everyone.

freshstart2010, I'm so sorry to hear that you was denied,

but it's a bless that you are able to go into your saving for your surgery.

I have personal choice BCBS, I hope and pray that I get

approve.

Zippy74, Congratulations

Cathy, That's what I was thinking about doing. Thursday DH

and I leave for vacation, so I'm going to whole off until

then. The day after I get back from my trip I'm going

to run over the the Drs. office.

Gale

Today the insurance company finally responded. I was denied. I have been at this since April and had completed the 6 month supervised nutrition and exercise plan. I have H/C, sleep apnea, gout, bladder incontience, and chronic back pains. My BMI is 37.8 and still I am denied by PA BC/BS. I still don't understand why, but I have decided to dig into my savings, deep into my savings.....I am now being banded by Dr. Ortiz on September 3rd and I am so relieved. I was tired of the stress of waiting, wondering, and dealing with rude people.

I am being banded!!!!!!!

I have also started replacing breakfast with a protien shake. I will officially start my pre-op diet on the 19th.

Best of luck to everyone.

Freshstart, sorry to hear about your problems with the insurance company; glad you are able to still go ahead! What flavor of Protein Shake did you find tasteful? I am planning on ordering me some but would like ideas before I buy one of the big containers.... thanks!

Our Special Month:

September 3 - Freshstart2010*

September 7 - danide, Nani4five*

September 9 - Butterfly2010

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42

September 13 - lillyegg

September 14 - KAS1971

September 16 - sunny-day

September 22 - ebonykisses

September 28 - Zippy74

September 30 - sourmissg

*newest additions