Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

That's great! I'm super excited to meet you! What hospital are you having your surgery at? I am doing mine outpatient at Northside Forsyth.

Hope everyone had a good week. Even though I don't have a surgery date yet I went ahead and started my pre-op diet this past Monday, just in case the doctor should call and want to schedule the surgery.

Had a good week and yesterday was invited to lunch with a friend. Said yes, thought I would eat just half a hamburger and only feel a half the guilt. Well about 6 hours later I was doing the porcelain praying. food poisoning:frown:. Guess that taught me not to cheat. One good thing about last night, I lost several pounds this week. What a jump start to the diet.

Hopefully I will get a surgery date sometime next week. This waiting for a surgery date is worse than waiting for insurance approval.

Cathy

Edited by CSinTX

I got sort of a PRE- pre-approval if you will and a date of September 1 for my pre-op seminar, psych evaluation, nutrition class and paper work. Enlight of the fact that they were willing to invest that much time in me I think they are pretty certain the insurance is ago. The lady I spoke with said best case scenario for me would be October. I hope she is right, I can not wait!

Congratulation to all of you who have got scheduled dates or are awaiting scheduled dates......I will be praying for a successful journey for each and everyone of you!

RK,

I will be at Emory Johns Creek. I'll be Dr. Johnson's first case that day (arrive at 5:30am!!!!!!:)) so it should be totally outpatient.

I'll be going to the EJCH LAP-BAND® support group mtg on the evening of the 24th and staying overnight nearby to come to the class on the 25th.

I'm getting so excited! It's amazing to think that our month is coming so quickly. Good luck to those of you who are already doing a pre-op diet. I'm down a little over 30 pounds since I started the 6 month insurance hoop-jumping. Also walking (like RK said, in the god-awful Georgia heat!) nearly every day. Trying to be as healthy as possible before surgery.

CS, so sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you're much better now. Take care of yourself.

Hope y'all have a great weekend. I'm off to prep a sermon and funeral for an infant. So sad. Got a call from a local funeral home today asking for me to help them out - for tomorrow! No time like the last minute. Praying that I can be a comfort to the poor parents.

gracerev

I don't have a date yet but paperwork was submitted this week for approval. I am hoping things go well and I'll be banded in September.

Looking for others who will be banded in September 2010.

Please chime in.

I just got the approval from my insurance. Received a call from the Dr. office letting me know that it will be scheduled for end of September and should call me next week with a date. Good luck I started the process June 28, the dr. office sent the paperwork to the insurance around August 4 and it only took one week to get approval... Best of Luck:smile:

I'm also a september hopeful :)

So hopeful that I wanted to have a cute graphic to Celebrate (I've seen others that have them with their "band-month"

I made one for girls and one for guys. Let me know what you all think. I love doing graphics (its what I'm going to school for)

post-296765-13813139520694_thumb.jpg

post-296765-13813139520887_thumb.jpg

LovelyMiss- I love the logo! Thats awesome! :) How can I get it?

Congratulations to those with new info- approvals and dates! Welcome to some newcomers!

Well this WAITING is killing me. I still don't have insurance approval yet- but thats okay.. Its the surgery date that is making me nuts ( :w00t:.) It seems so close but then every couple days I look at the calendar and its sooo far. It seems like a whole month Ive been saying, only 4 more weeks.. COME ON ALREADY! I still have to wait... its on the 4th Tuesday from now..... Okay, not fully 4 weeks, but close enough!

I haven't fully started the pre-op diet, but I have started making changes that will let me adjust to the full diet easier. I will fully start it probably on the 23rd (2 weeks before rather then the suggested 1 week).

As far as exercise :w00t: ... (I have always exercised- just not consistantly) I will get started with a routine come Monday.

I really like (and previously saw results) with the Walk Away The Pounds video by Leslie Sansome (something like that). Its not super intense but its full body and not boring. Also, I have the Zumba video (as seen on TV).. Super fun but intense. I am not super coordinated so that makes the exercise a little aggrivating. But like I said, its fun! Other then that, I will just start moving more- ya know, videos, dancing, crunches, push ups, squats.. I would love to start jogging but that might have to wait till I get into a regular routine and build up my stamina. I have a gym membership (that I haven't used in about 4 months due to change of job location... I joined a Planet Fitness where my previous job was but thats 35 miles away and yeah.. Im not going into Harlem just to exercise. There is no Planet Fitness by my home yet- they are in the process of opening one about 3 miles from me maybe within the next month or two- then I can transfer to that one). BTW- I love Planet Fitness... its comfortable. I have been a member at Bally Total Fitness and Lucille Roberts (in my past years) and they always had those "show off" types of people. At PF- I didn't feel that way. I mean after all- its the "No Judgement Zone"- haha.

Thanks for listening!

May you all have a FANTABULOUS weekend! :)

I'm also a september hopeful :)

So hopeful that I wanted to have a cute graphic to Celebrate (I've seen others that have them with their "band-month"

I made one for girls and one for guys. Let me know what you all think. I love doing graphics (its what I'm going to school for)

I'm a girl, but I'm totally going to be a September Stud :)

Thanks!

Luv the logo... great idea:smile:I just got insurance approval and waiting to get an exact date for surgery. Doctor's office said towards late Sept. When should I start taking the Protein Drink? ???? I started exercise and no more coffee, diet soda and juices!!!! Coffee was hard but after the first two weeks I'm good:thumbup:

weight.png

to get the logo, you should be able to click the thumbnail to bring it up full sized. Then you right click and chose "save as" or something like that. Save it to your hard-drive and then go to your "User CP" and click "edit signature" and there is a spot to upload it. Make sure you check the box that says something like "Add image to signature".

Thank you all for the feedback :)

MissJ,

Thanks for the images! I'm testing mine now (I hope I did it right!)

It makes me feel....I don't know, official, I guess! Love it.

Survived the funeral for the baby but it was really hard. So hard to look at the parents sitting in the front row.

It's raining here (finally!) so I'm taking the day off from walking. My feet don't mind!

gracerev

Edited by gracerev
Double checking spelling!

Okay everyone- I wrote this in another section because its that annoying to me, but Im just gonna paste what I wrote just to give you all my personal update, just cause I need to vent more! :)

Okay so its official... I have been denied by my insurance company due to the fact that I have not had a BMI of 40 or more for at least 2 years and have no co-morbidities. Uhhhhh.. Grrrrrrrrr :lol: I've been fat all my life except for a few months here and there. Ive only been at BMI of 40 (or more) for about 9 months but soo what.. Ive been over BMI of 35 for like 3 years and BMI of at least 30 for like 10 years, doesn't that count for anything. I have been from 200 to 180 to 225 to 195 to 210 to 230 to 220 to 230 to 245 to 230 to 250 within 4 years, doesn't that count for anything? Okay so what that I don't have a current co-morbidity... itsn't what Im doing PREVENTION... doesn't that court? :biggrin:

Okay so I was denied but that won't stop me. I have already decided and now confirmed that if I wasn't insured, I will pay for the surgery. SO thankfully my parents agreed to lend me the money and I will pay them back monthly. I mean this is my life and my future right... what better investment is that? Its cheaper then my car was so thats a bonus! :huh2: I mean if I can spend $20,000 on a car that can be destroyed in seconds, isn't a $16,000 surgery that can change, improve and potentially save my life well worth it!

So Bye Bye Money but Hello Life! :)

Thanks for letting me vent!

Now I want September 7th to get here even sooner! SCREW YOU AETNA! YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET IN THE WAY OF MY FUTURE! :biggrin:

I just got the approval from my insurance. Received a call from the Dr. office letting me know that it will be scheduled for end of September and should call me next week with a date. Good luck I started the process June 28, the dr. office sent the paperwork to the insurance around August 4 and it only took one week to get approval... Best of Luck:smile:

Congratulations.

It's a great feeling to know that there is only 1 more obstacle in the way. The actually surgery. Then we are in the home stretch.

That's me I am a September 2010 Bandsters. The date for me will be 9/9/10. I was given dates 8/26,9/9 or 9/17. I hope we all stay in touch. Any one from Missouri ?

• scheduled for September 3rd. Looking forward to having it done and starting on the road to a slimmer / healthier me.:) I am also little nervous about what is ahead. :)