Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I don't have a date yet, but will likely be in early september, just had my Psych evaluation and I go see the nutritionist next week.

Self Pay D: but hey I think that is good motivation for me to not screw it up haha. Lordy they told me at my appointment it's like buying a new body >.< hahaha.

Happy Monday everyone!

Freshstart- Sorry to hear that you were denied... :thumbup: Thats such a disappointment. But I am glad you have decided to invest in yourself! Theres no better way to use your savings then on yourself- saving your life, creating a happier and brighter future!

My insurance is still pending and its really anxiety producing! I have a weird feeling that it will be denied but theres really no reason for it to be denied.. I guess I am always a downer about how things don't go my way. But like you, if I am denied, I will still get it by paying out of pocket, though i will borrow more then half of it from family.

Nani- we are on the same day! Wooo hooo! LESS then 1 month now!

Heather- Think about it as an excellent investment! No better way then to invest in your health, future and life!

Okay everyone, question- what kind of protien are you going to be using?

My boyfriend is very health aware and fit (fricken guy works out 2 hours per day even after working 10 hours physical labor- hes in construction/plumbing/restoration stuff- who does that geese..), and hes been recommeneding different things for me but we decided that all that stuff is actually too high in protien for me. I have tried other protien drinks at various times in my life and some are really gross. I think today I am going to try Gillian Michaels shake- in comparing the nutritional facts, she seems to have a good amount of protien, not time released (which is good for why I/we need it) and low calories, and not too expensive.. but there is only chocolate and vanilla.< /p>

Edited by danide

That is so funny. I'll be sure to stay away from Carnation Instant Breakfast.

My daughter told me to get muscle milk but at $2 each I opted for EAS Advant Edge Carb Control, they where only $1 each at Walmart. It has 17gms of Protein, only 110 calories, 3gms of Fat and Total carbs is 4gms. I think that is pretty good.

My dietitian save me a list of what the dr's pre-op diet would probably be but I have ranges for protein, fats, total carbs and calories.

Out of Proteins, fats, carbs and calories: What is most important in watching the numbers and which is least important?

Cathy

If you do the Muscle Milk- use the Muscle Milk LIGHT! it has a few less calories and fat. my nutrionist said that was a good way to go too but i used to drink it and its got a horrible after taste. The powder form isn't as bad but still chemically tasting. Good luck!

Watch the fat and calories the most (thats what I was told at least). Higher protien is very important but makes sure you don't really go over the recommended amount daily UNLESS you are exercising heavily daily (again, just something I was told about.)

I suggest speaking to the nutrionist for her thoughts on it!

Hi All! I just got my insurance approval on Friday and haven't yet been scheduled for surgery, but I am guessing it will be sometime in september.

For the nutritional Protein question: my nutritionist recommended Unjury. You can google it and come up with the website, but she gave me some samples to try and it actually wasn't so bad. It even comes in an unflavored version so I can easily add it to my crystal lite Water. It has very few calories and 20 gms of protein per packet.

I am crazy excited and hope to have a surgery date soon!

Hi All! I just got my insurance approval on Friday and haven't yet been scheduled for surgery, but I am guessing it will be sometime in september.

I am crazy excited and hope to have a surgery date soon!

Hi rkwilliams1013-

Congratulations on your approval and hope you get a date soon. Welcome and look forward to your input.

Cathy

I got a surgery date- 09/14/10.

Now we are just waiting for approval from anthem.

My pre-op class is 09/01.

Doing pre-op testing this week or next.

Im soo anxious.. I hope i get approved!

I scheduled my surgery for September 17th (a birthday present, as my birthday is the 16th)!

I could have done an August surgery, but since I have so much to lose I want to get a good head-start before the surgery and make sure I hit the ground running. My doc doesn't do a pre-op diet, so I'm doing one of my own for the next month (low carb works for me in the short term, and actually improved my cholesterol/got me off my meds).

My WLG is to lose 100-125 lbs (125 would put me at a BMI of 24.9). But really, *any* weight I can lose and then freaking keep off will do me some major good so I'm going to try really hard not to worry about the number.

My goals are to have less back and foot pain and to not worry about whether the airplane seat belt is going to buckle around my lap. This is a weird goal, but maybe some of you gals will understand-- I want to stop ruining every shirt I have because food cannot help but drop straight on the huge shelf of my chest. :(

Congrats to stateofzen, THEMAXWELLFAMILY and rkwilliams!!

I hope to be in your shoes soon! I've done my nutritionist visit and psych and should hear about my insurance approval soon ;). Now I have three classes to go to, and won't be done with those until 9/22. BUT they said that I can schedule for right away after that last class. So I'm definitely hoping for the last week in September. :( Specifically I need to be off bed rest by October 1st, because my family runs a haunted house and I need to go scare some people starting that weekend!! :thumbup: So I'm hoping for a surgery date of maybe the 24th or 27th.

Wish me luck!!

-Sarah

Sept 8 for me can't wait

THEMAXWELLFAMILY, stateofzen, NYsLegend78

Congratulations.

I'm still waiting to hear from the insur. with my approval

I just got back from the Pre-Op Seminar! It was very informative and 2 1/2 hrs. :) AHHH I can't wait, Im so excited!

Getting more excited since I have less then a month to go... started to replace my breakfast with a Protein Shake and actually like the shake...

And stateofzen, you nailed the goals! So true!!!!

While at the store today I thought how wonderful it will feel to be able to buy clothing at ANYYYYYYYYYY store... and to be able to play with my little grandson with ease ... so much to look forward toooooooooo...!!!

This is a great forum to stay " out of trouble"...instead I come on here and read and write... glad we got each other!

I just got back from the Pre-Op Seminar! It was very informative and 2 1/2 hrs. :) AHHH I can't wait, Im so excited!

Come on danide, tell us what you learned. Don't make us wait.

I'm so excited that so many of us are going through this around the same time. Just when I get discourage about the doctor not calling me with a surgery date, I do get excited reading about everyone else's visit.

So give us the details of your Pre-Op Seminar.

I did something tonight that I have not done in a LONG while. I took my measurements.

Besides pounds, I want to track how many inches I lose. I measured my neck, bust, waist, biceps, butt, thigh and calf for a total of 219". Woo, that's over 18 feet. Somethings gotta give.

Anyone else out there doing this besides me?

Cathy