Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Well looks like I had a crushing blow today and I will not be able to have my surgery in September. AFter a month ago the surgeon saying my WW wight history was acceptable for the 6 month weight loss. I get a call today saying it is not sufficient. So now I have to wait 4 more months to even submit for approval :(

Jess55,

Sorry to hear about your crushing blow. That would certainly take the wind out of my sails. I have seen several people mention that their insurance did accept Weight Watchers, have you called your insurance company and asked them?

I have my last supervised diet visit on 8/12. I hope Cigna doesn't take to long to approve my surgery. I'm hoping and praying to be banded in September.

This has been the longest 6 months of my life!!!!!!

Hi Crecia1975,

Boy I agree with you on the longest 6 months of your life. You see so many others post how quickly the 6 months went by for them but not here.

Lillyegg -

I'm right behind you.. I am booked for Sept. 14th. Actually just spoke to my Tufts "I Can Change" health coach last night. I am qualified as of Aug 12th so she will be calling me for our final check in the night before so she can get all paperwork done and off to Tufts the next day. She has no doubt Tufts will approve as she made sure I followed all their guidelines for the program & I booked w/ the sugeons office 2 months ago telling them I needed 6 weeks notice to get the time off work, (maybe a fib and I just needed a date to focus on) blood work next weekend and my last preop/anestesia appt. is mid Aug. almost a month before surgery which surprised me ..

KAS, great! Let's keep in touch. It feels so far away, but I know it will creep up in no time. I bought Protein Shakes today, so I'm going to try to start replacing Breakfast tomorrow. My preop/anesthesia appt is august 3oth. Fingers crossed for everyone's approval.

For those who are scheduled, CONGRATS! For those who are not there yet, its a long process but hang in there.

I have been going through this process for 7 months now and I finally have a surgery date, September 7th! :wub: My insurance has not been approved yet but hopefully there won't be any problems. I did my 6 months supervision, I did my weight loss history, went to all necessary other doctors for clearance...

BUT if for some reason after all this, insurance is not approved, I have decided that I will do the surgery anyway and borrow the money from my parents. Of course I rather insurance just cover at least most of it but yeah, I gotta do it regardless!

I am so excited, I can't wait! I can wait for surgery lol, but I can't wait to get results!

Hi all!

I'm hoping for a September date, so maybe I can be a September bandster like you guys :wub: If I do, it'll be late September, as I still have sessions to attend through the 22nd. I don't know about my insurance approval yet either, but what the heck, I'm being optimistic!!

Wishing all of us luck in getting our dates scheduled, insurance approved, etc.!

-Sarah

My paperwork is being submitted this week, but my doctor has given me a surgery date of Sept. 10. I would very much like bandster buddies! I was recently diagnosed with diabetes which makes this surgery even more necessary! As much as I want it over with, I am getting very anxious as the date gets closer.

I'm approved.

After much worrying about what Cigna might come back with, I was thrilled to find out that after only 3 days, I was approved.

Now waiting for the doctors office to call to set my surgery date.

:thumbup:

:)

No hoops for me to jump through, Anthem BCBS only requires me to be fat! lol Actually, BMI of 40 or above (mine is 41) or 35 with some other life-threatening condition. In case I need the ammo, I was just diagnosed with hypertension...my BP was 160/106! In spite of the BP, my labs came back very normal. A little low on the Vit D. My triglycerides were 174, but my cholesterol was also 174!

I'm approved.

After much worrying about what Cigna might come back with, I was thrilled to find out that after only 3 days, I was approved.

:)

That is so awesome!!! Congrats to you!!!

I also have Cigna and I have my last Dr. visit next week and then my paperwork will be submitted. I hope Cigna works that fast for me.

My surgery date is September 10th!

My very first appointment was June 18th and met with the surgeon last Monday. I have my 6 hour class next Tuesday then I am good to go.

I'm self pay ($14,000) so I definintely am on the fast track.

Tiffany

Knoxville, TN

Jess55,

Sorry to hear about your crushing blow. That would certainly take the wind out of my sails. I have seen several people mention that their insurance did accept Weight Watchers, have you called your insurance company and asked them?

Hi Crecia1975,

Boy I agree with you on the longest 6 months of your life. You see so many others post how quickly the 6 months went by for them but not here.

CSinTx, Congrats on your approval,

I hope to be approve soon.

I'll be getting the band in September. Seems like forever but I'm sure it'll go by fast.

Here is a list of what we sent to Cigna.

1. Dietitian notes from visits for Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June & July.

2. I complied a comprehensive but easy to read 2 column list of the diets that I have tried (for my entire life but did not list results), a list of diet books that I had purchased, a list of memberships to gyms, curves, etc (with copies of receipts), a list of equipment that I have purchased (with receipts) and a list of diagnoses from the doctor notes that I provided them.

3. I provided 5 years worth of doctor notes but I don't know what was actually submitted to Cigna.

4. I wrote a one page letter telling Cigna about my family history, the reason why I want this and quoted facts - especially from the Cigna website.

Hope this helps others get approved on the first submit.

Cathy

I'm approved.

:tt2:

:cool2:

:blushing:

CONGRATULATIONS on the insurance approval!!!! Thats awesome!

CSinTx, Congrats on your approval,

I hope to be approve soon.

Hi sourmissg - Good luck on your approval. Let us know when you submit your paperwork.

That is so awesome!!! Congrats to you!!!

I also have Cigna and I have my last Dr. visit next week and then my paperwork will be submitted. I hope Cigna works that fast for me.

Hi crecia1975 - Thank you. I have found Cigna to be great to work with. I hope you have a very quick approval.

CONGRATULATIONS on the insurance approval!!!! Thats awesome!

Thank you guys for congratulating me. I feel like this huge weight has been lifted just knowing that its now all in my ball park and not the insurance company.

We are so close to beginning our new journey. It will be great.