Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

LeighaMason, I felt that I needed to give my pouch a rest and therefore replaced my food with Meal Replacements which are nutrient-packed. 3 days ago, I had only 300 calories since I forgot to have dinner but yesterday, I just could not eat so I had 300 calories. I`ve had about 800 calories today (chocolate drink for Breakfast, lunch was Soup and chicken with humous for dinner). My intention is to consume between 500 & 900 calories for a few weeks.

I can`t believe you`re already in a size 4 jeans. Well done. You work hard and deserve it.

The exercise routine going well. I opted for a 70 minute circuit training instead of a hike today and the sprints and press ups nearly killed me. I was fretting about going for a walk this evening since the circuit took place in the morning and my wonderful rugby player said I could not do it. How right he was. I`m well exercised for the day.

I`m hoping to kick myself out this stall sooner that I usually do. I`ll see where I get to on Friday.

I`ve not been feeling well at all since the night of the 9th of August so I`ve had a total bed rest since. It also means that I`ve not been able to eat well. I feel that not eating well and exercising is going to have a great impact on my plan to get out of this stall quickly but I will see what tomorrow brings. Hope you`re all doing well.

KCG-- I hope you feel better soon. I hope you don't mind me saying so, but with your exercise I think you need more calories. When I started my cross training I was not losing, I actually gained a couple of pounds but by eating and continuing what I was doing I started losing and I have continued to do so.

KCG-- I hope you feel better soon. I hope you don't mind me saying so, but with your exercise I think you need more calories. When I started my cross training I was not losing, I actually gained a couple of pounds but by eating and continuing what I was doing I started losing and I have continued to do so.

I couldn`t agree with more and that`s why i`m scared of the impact my illness and lack of exercise is going to have on my getting out of this stall. As much as I want to reach my goal, I know that starvation and getting into ketosis is not going to be the answer for me but as it stands, I`m struggling to find a reasonable space to be in, calorie intake-wise.

Before I started this challenge, I sometimes went for a number of weeks without weighing when I was in stalls and I know that during those times I gained and lost weight. It just gets frustrating when you up your intake and either stall or gain weight. However, I will definitely up the calories a bit.

I don`t mind you advising me at all, LeighaMason, I feel that that`s what I need at the moment. Thanks for your support.

I have also found that if I go a few days without working out I will drop a pound or two, I hope this works for you. I also do better working out 3 days a week Friday, Sunday and Tuesday instead of every day. I can not give the super effort needed for high intensity work out if I do it every day. If I am on an every day program, I slack but on 3 days a week I can give it my all.

I hope your feeling better!

Thanks, LeighaMason.

I couldn`t post yesterday. Quite a busy schedule and had to go on a trip as well fufilling my rugby groupie duties. I weighed yesterday though and I had broken the stall by 2lbs. I wouldn`t hold much Water with that though!

I experimented on Thursday to see whether one can gain up to 5lbs in a day and believe me it`s possible. I managed to gain 3lbs within 4 hours just by drinking almost 3ltrs of still Water. It therefore, depends on how one retains water at times. Well, a ltr of water weighs 2.2lbs (1kg).

Lesson learnt from that is a daily weigh is still a no-no and I don`t even want to continue with a weekly weigh. I`m going to start weighing fortnightly now.

I can`t update this thread now since there have been no update from anyone recently apart from Leigh, who is doing wonderfully anyway. My hope is that you`re all doing great with your challenges. Have fab. weekend, you all.

Hello All,

I have been out of state so I have not been able to update for the past week. I have had no changes with my weight loss. I am still at a -2.0 lbs. I guess that is fine..flying and being away from home I am just glad I didn't gain.

Back on track for this week!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

This week I am down 2 more pounds. I have 8lbs to go until goal. Holy cow I can't beleive that it's closing in this fast. Last year I would have never thought that I could ever say that again (ONLY 8LBS TO GO!!).

Hope everyone has a good week next week. Good luck and keep up the great work everyone.

Hi Everyone,

Well where do I start? I was doing these exercise classes and when I was doing kick boxing a week ago I put hip and lower back out! ouch so i've been going to the chiro. So for now no classes for me. I guess just walking. The good news is that I have lost some more weight. I'am currently at 170lbs. Yay me!!I have about 10 more lbs. to go but not sweating it because I know it will come. Its just so slow when we get this close to goal.

Hope everyone is doing well. keep keeping on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kcg- sorry you havn't been feeling well. Are you taking your Vitamins? I find when I dont take mine I feel bad! Just a thought

Hope you all had good weekends. Good to read from you all.

Okiegirl, welcome home. The track awaits you getting on it, hun. What are you doing exercise-wise this week?

Astrasmom, congrats on your weight loss of 2lbs last week. That`s wonderful and even moreso with the idea that you`ve only got 8lbs to goal. Wow, you rock, Girl.

Cindylou, what a shame about the injury. It`s always a bummer when that happens. Walking is good though, just widen your strides at intervals.

Hun, thanks for your querry and advice on the Vitamins. Yeah, I take them, especially at times that I don`t feel like I`m eating well.

I`ve fully recovered from my illness now. It was severe abdominal pains that lingered for a long time, causing me to collapse at a point and made it very difficult for me to eat but I kept the drinking going and that helped a lot.

I tried, since the illness to exercise yesterday but could only manage 35 minutes of circuit before I collapsed on the floor with exhaustion. I`m going to try circuit training again this evening since we are eating out tonight and tomorrow night and I will not feel I deserve it without exercise. Well, let`s see what the week brings.

I did an hour of circuit combined with boxercise yesterday. It went well. dinner was a disaster though. I felt extremely thight last night. It`s quite strange because I was perfectly alright at lunch time and had a well-balanced meal. Feeling alright this morning.

I did an hour of circuit combined with boxercise yesterday. It went well. dinner was a disaster though. I felt extremely thight last night. It`s quite strange because I was perfectly alright at lunch time and had a well-balanced meal. Feeling alright this morning.

Sometimes after you exercise you will be tighter. Its from your muscles contracting. I find myself tighter in the morning and of course around a womans favorite time of the month.

Sometimes after you exercise you will be tighter. Its from your muscles contracting. I find myself tighter in the morning and of course around a womans favorite time of the month.

That`s true. I did not do any exercise yesterday and enjoyed my dinner to the full. It was lovely yesterday but I think I must have over-indulged a little. I walked around the pitch for 90 minutes as I watched rugby today. Fluid intake hasn`t been great but alright. Oh! and after my over-indulgence yesterday, I appear to have developed a phobia for the scales. Just being childish really but I`m not going to weigh myself till next Friday.

Unfortunately gang I won't be updating my status for awhile. On Wednesday I was admitted to the hospital. My heart valve is leaking pretty badly and I will be having ANOTHER open heart surgery on Monday.

For those not familiar with my case. In 2001 I had open heart surgery for an aortic Aneurysm and valve replacement. At the time I chose to have a pigs valve put in. Bad side is they only last for 10-12 years. I chose this because I didn't want to live on blood thinner for the rest of my life. Needless to say 5 days ago, the valve gave up and decided to colapse. My valve is currently bleeding pretty significantly so they are watching me until my surgeon returns on Monday. If I have any other signs of struggles they may have to do the surgery before then and I will need to choose another surgeon. I'd rather wait though because it's a very long and complicated operation and my surgeon is familiar with my case. So here I sit, being proded and poke with all types of tests to find out exactly why my valve colapsed so suddenly.

So please send your prayers my way and when I recover I will update you with my stats.

Unfortunately gang I won't be updating my status for awhile. On Wednesday I was admitted to the hospital. My heart valve is leaking pretty badly and I will be having ANOTHER open heart surgery on Monday.

For those not familiar with my case. In 2001 I had open heart surgery for an aortic Aneurysm and valve replacement. At the time I chose to have a pigs valve put in. Bad side is they only last for 10-12 years. I chose this because I didn't want to live on blood thinner for the rest of my life. Needless to say 5 days ago, the valve gave up and decided to colapse. My valve is currently bleeding pretty significantly so they are watching me until my surgeon returns on Monday. If I have any other signs of struggles they may have to do the surgery before then and I will need to choose another surgeon. I'd rather wait though because it's a very long and complicated operation and my surgeon is familiar with my case. So here I sit, being proded and poke with all types of tests to find out exactly why my valve colapsed so suddenly.

So please send your prayers my way and when I recover I will update you with my stats.

Astrasmom hun, I didn`t know about your situation. Oh dear, but at least your medical team is aware of what`s happening and ,working on it. You will remain in my prayers and thoughts and I continuously send the warmest hugs ever, your way. I trust you will be restored pretty soon. Speedy recovery, Girl.

Sweetheart, is there anyone who could update us on your progress? God`s Grace be with you and guard you. Hope to read from you soon.