Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

I love the word "fortnightly" I wish we used it here.

The heat has finally broken, this morning when I worked out is was a lovely 77 degrees with only 45% humidity. Its amazing what a difference 10 degrees makes. However, I would like to have some of your rain if you could send it this way we are having a slight drought.

I am doing well and maintaining my weight within 2 pounds. Its kind of strange because I have increased my portion sizes and loosened my band so my brain is having to readjust to eating more. When I put food on my plate my brain tells me "That's too much!". I have had to go back to measuring so I can learn my new portion sizes, again.

I want to say "I am thinking of you" to Astra's, I know she probably doesn't feel like posting but if she is reading or if someone is reading to her, we are thinking of you. Let us know how you are when you feel like it.

kcg - are you in the UK? My husband is from Wales (his family is all still there)...if so, hopefully you are seeing a bit of sun today (at least I know they are in Wales, LOL). Sorry to see you haven't been feeling well, but I guess the upside is the weight loss, right? I've lost 3 pounds in the last MONTH...so very slow going for me. It's very frustrating to not see the scale moving, although I apparently am still losing in inches because I just went down another size....

I love the word "fortnightly" I wish we used it here.

The heat has finally broken, this morning when I worked out is was a lovely 77 degrees with only 45% humidity. Its amazing what a difference 10 degrees makes. However, I would like to have some of your rain if you could send it this way we are having a slight drought.

I am doing well and maintaining my weight within 2 pounds. Its kind of strange because I have increased my portion sizes and loosened my band so my brain is having to readjust to eating more. When I put food on my plate my brain tells me "That's too much!". I have had to go back to measuring so I can learn my new portion sizes, again.

I want to say "I am thinking of you" to Astra's, I know she probably doesn't feel like posting but if she is reading or if someone is reading to her, we are thinking of you. Let us know how you are when you feel like it.

Oh dear, I wish the rain could be fairly distributed. It had been dry today but quite dull. I`m glad your exercise regime is going well. I trust that your brain will adjust to the new eating routine in time. It`s great though to be able to maintain within 2lbs. You`re doing well. I shopped till I dropped today so didn`t have time for exercising but I guess the walking did it.

Astrasmom, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well soon, hun.

kcg - are you in the UK? My husband is from Wales (his family is all still there)...if so, hopefully you are seeing a bit of sun today (at least I know they are in Wales, LOL). Sorry to see you haven't been feeling well, but I guess the upside is the weight loss, right? I've lost 3 pounds in the last MONTH...so very slow going for me. It's very frustrating to not see the scale moving, although I apparently am still losing in inches because I just went down another size....

Hiya HDmama, it`s been a while. Good to read from you. 3lbs loss in a month is great. A loss is a loss and is just under the average loss so well done. Slow weight loss can be frustrating but I`m happy for you since you`re losing the inches. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, the upside of the illness is the weight loss but the problem is trying to keep it off on recovery.

Yeah, I`m in the UK and very close to Wales actually. Do your in-laws come live in the South or North? I was in Newport just two weeks ago as a Rugby groupie. The rain stopped today, hoorah and they`re forecasting sunny Bank holiday weekend. It was dull today with bits of sunshine so I`m hoping it brightens up tomorrow. Keep in touch, hun.

Hiya HDmama, it`s been a while. Good to read from you. 3lbs loss in a month is great. A loss is a loss and is just under the average loss so well done. Slow weight loss can be frustrating but I`m happy for you since you`re losing the inches. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, the upside of the illness is the weight loss but the problem is trying to keep it off on recovery.

Yeah, I`m in the UK and very close to Wales actually. Do your in-laws come live in the South or North? I was in Newport just two weeks ago as a Rugby groupie. The rain stopped today, hoorah and they`re forecasting sunny Bank holiday weekend. It was dull today with bits of sunshine so I`m hoping it brightens up tomorrow. Keep in touch, hun.

kcg - my in-laws live near Cardiff actually.

So I started the weekend out on a good foot (or so I thought)...I went on a 23 mile bike ride on Saturday and in spite of that, I hopped on the scale today and seemed to have gained a pound :thumbup:. I'm going to try to stop thinking about it and just continue as I have been. I've contemplated going to get a small fill, but honestly, I eat so little now, I don't know that being able to eat less would be good. I guess I'll just see how the next couple weeks go.

Have a good week everyone.

kcg - my in-laws live near Cardiff actually.

So I started the weekend out on a good foot (or so I thought)...I went on a 23 mile bike ride on Saturday and in spite of that, I hopped on the scale today and seemed to have gained a pound :cursing:. I'm going to try to stop thinking about it and just continue as I have been. I've contemplated going to get a small fill, but honestly, I eat so little now, I don't know that being able to eat less would be good. I guess I'll just see how the next couple weeks go.

Have a good week everyone.

It could be Water retention, HDmama. Doing 23mile bike ride yesterday could mean that you drunk a lot of water and had still retained some when you weighed the following morning. Good to register that determination to continue and trying to stop thinking about it. Your in-laws live quite near me then. Do you come accross the pond to visit at times?

I`ve been very good with the diet today but did not exercise. As a matter of fact, I had not done any routined exercise over the weekend but I don`t feel guilty about that since I feel I need to rest my body. Possibly going for brisk-walk tomorrow morning.

Hope you`re all doing well. I`m alright. Everything going according to plan at the moment.

Has anyone heard or read from Astrasmom? I`m wondering how she`s doing. It`s been a week since the op. Whenever you`re able to read this hun, bear in mind the you`re in our thoughts and prayers.

Been doing well the last few days. I tried 8 mile jog and brisk-walk with 6 kilos of weight yesterday and failed miserably. I needed the weights for weight training along the hike but found that it was too heavy for me to carry around for the rest of the journey.

It`s incredible that my heart had been carrying multiples of that weight in a yo-yo fashion for years. I managed to complete the course but running was done for less that 2 miles of the journey and most of the journey was reduced to rambling. I enjoyed my ramble though. It beats sitting in a couch.

Hope you`re all doing well.

6 kilos! Boy, you are ambitious. I like the fact that you tried. I am signing up to run a "jailbreak" on my 41st birthday later this month with my son and his girlfriend. Here is the link if you haven't seen a jailbreak course before. Home | Run the Jailbreak Dash | Race in Dallas / Fort Worth Texas

And then on 10/10/10 I am going to participate in a half marathon, so I better get busy with my training. I have been lazy lately and only been working out 2 days a week instead of 3.

The jailbreak dash looks / sounds like fun. Wish I was accross the pond because I would have joined you. Which of the days is your 41st? The 18th or 19th? Well, Happy Birthday in advance in case it escapes me. The half marathon sounds good too.

Ticking along fine apart from today. I don`t feel banded at all. I could eat a whole cow if I let myself, what a bummer!

Hope you`re all doing well. Has anyone heard from Astrasmom yet? It`s been a while since I came accross a posting from her. I hope she is recovering well.

The good news about those hungry days is they usually only last 1 day. I hope you feel better today.

I haven't seen anything from Astra's either. :blushing:

My birthday is on the 19th and we will be running at 1:30. I am getting nervous, I hope I can do it..

You will be alright on the track on the 19th. Good luck, anyway. How is the maintenance stage going for you? I`m alright, I guess. It`s weighing day tomorrow. Not looking forward to it but hey? I really hope to read from Astrasmom soon.

I`ve hit that plataeu again. I stalled and marginally gained weight. I`m opting for marginal because it is less than a lb. Hope to read from all of you soon. It`s getting lonely on this thread now and I`m still worried about Astrasmom. I`ve left he a pm so hopefully, she responds soon.

kcg- I also am worried about atramom. I hope everything is ok. I also have been on a plateau for a month now but finally this morning the scale was from 1-2 lbs. less. Thank you lord. I was beginning to wonder. because I dont eat hardly anything these days I don't see how I couldn't be losing any weight. so hope everyone is doing good. I have been lazy about posting but i've been reading everyone else.

So I hope that we are all losers in the next week.