Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

I was banded oct 10 09 and since then have lost 24 kg ( bout 53 lbs). This is even with my bumps in the road and 5 months being bandless. I am still loving the band and have no regrets :tt2: Great weight loss everyone

5 months without a band and you`ve still managed 53lbs loss? Well done. Quite an achievement. Sorry to read about the "bumps in the road". Hopefully all`s well now. Good for you to join us.

I was banded oct 26 th 09 and have lost 62 lbs. Am doing Zumba 4 times a week and walking 5 days..I am very happy to have achieved this weight loss wouldn't trade it for any other weight loss:lol:

cdisanti, good for you to join us. 62lbs loss within 9 months is quite an achievement. You must be proud of it. Your exercise routine actually puts me in shame so I`m going to up my antics a bit. You`re inspirational.

I was banded in Nov but would like to join you guys. Nobody has posted on nov site forever. I feel like I'm failing at this band. I haven't lost in forever. My band was to tight three months ago had to have it emptyed from vomiting. The dr said itt was swelling from the vomiting. so of course I gained some and was at a stall. still at 6cc which is better but just had fill last week and could be a tad tighter. I have lost one pound since my fill. Better than nothing I guess. I expected to have lost 10 pounds a months which has not happened. I am not able to eat much at Breakfast. lunch maybe cup to 1/2 cup Soup with vegtables in it. supper bout 1 cup. I do use the treadmill for an hour so I should be losing more. i did work out for three hours a day but it wasn't helping so i took a break from all that and went to an hour day. any advice would be good.

Welcome to the thread, Skinnygirl. You`re most welcome. We already have a November bandster in our mist already.

From your ticker, it appears that you`ve lost 44lbs already so that`s good going.

HDmama has already asked a few questions that if you answer, we may be able to provide support. Just wanted to welcome you to the thread, hun.

Hey girls! I finished my first week of the 9 week cross training program that I am doing. I am happy about that because that gives me 2 days without having to workout so I will hopefully have some soreness go away.

I was riding to work with my husband this morning and I told him I was tempted to get another fill to help me with the 8 pounds, but since my band is semi-loose I can eat almost everything and I rarely get stuck I was undecided. He pointed out that band tightness wasn't my problem, that if I wanted to lose the last 8 I should stop drinking wine completely:cursing:. God I hate it when he is so right. Its not the band its me. So decision time, 138 with wine or 130 without? We will see. :tt2:

It`s been a busy day and I have not been able to exercise at all and I feel awful about that. Friday is approaching fast and I`m still torn between going for a little fill or not to. It`s difficult to make the decision now since my restriction is up and down and I don`t appear to be losing weight this week. I`m anxious that I`m gonig to gain this week. Well, I will see how I do tomorrow and Thursday. I don`t want to be too restricted but the anxiety is killing me. I will get some exercise in tomorrow.

Oh, an important question, can anybody give me directions as to how to update our stats on the first post? I`ve lost the edit button and I`m semi IT illitrate so anything complicated goes over my head. If I don`t find a way around this, I will make sure I update it weekly on subsequent posts if that is alright. It`s great for us to be doing this together.

Hey girls! I finished my first week of the 9 week cross training program that I am doing. I am happy about that because that gives me 2 days without having to workout so I will hopefully have some soreness go away.

I was riding to work with my husband this morning and I told him I was tempted to get another fill to help me with the 8 pounds, but since my band is semi-loose I can eat almost everything and I rarely get stuck I was undecided. He pointed out that band tightness wasn't my problem, that if I wanted to lose the last 8 I should stop drinking wine completely:cursing:. God I hate it when he is so right. Its not the band its me. So decision time, 138 with wine or 130 without? We will see. :tt2:

LeighaMason, well done for completing the first week. I`m definately going to register for the cross training programme because I know it will help me. With regards to the wine, how much do you drink a week. Will stopping not mean depriving yourself? snice this brings on it`s own issues. Will the 130 without be forever without? since going back to it when you`ve reached your goal might bring on something else. Should moderation be the way forward? Who knows? let`s know how you decide to proceed since I`m learning a great deal from all of you.

With the fill, I get anxious when I can eat anything without getting stuck but I guess that is the right way to go.

Exercise-wise, today was brilliant. I brisk-walked and jogged for about 7 miles. It took me a while and being rained on to complete the course but it felt good afterwards. I have not however, been able to eat at all today. Almost everything, including drinks that went in came back out again. Well, i will see what tomorrow brings but I think I`m going to suspend the fill scheduled for Friday. Hope you`re all well.

I had my band placed on Oct 1, 2009. As of today, I've lost 48 lbs. It's coming off slowly but steadily - my dr is happy with my progress. I still have about another 50 lbs to go. I'm hoping to lose another 15 or so by Oct 1. Good luck everyone - everyone is doing fantastic!

Marci

Well I finally hit ONEDERLAND today. After 23 years I am FINALLY out of the 200's. It's an amazing feeling. I have 12lbs to go before my doctors goal. I think I want to go another 10 to 15 for my secret goal. And only 9 months into the surgery. I am totally amazed at how great I feel.

Way to go Astrasmom!! Congratulations! How good you must feel!!!!:biggrin::thumbup::):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

How is it possible that I missed this thread?!? I was banded on October 21, 9 months ago yesterday and while my ticker says I'm 10 lbs to goal (which would be 150 lbs), I would love to be 140-145. So I'll split the difference I suppose. I'm going for 15 more (145)!

Did some serious workout yesterday with weights. Thank God for my sister keeping me motivated, sometimes that's how I get through it. I just had my 5th fill last week, so I now have 5.8 ccs in my 10 cc band, but for some reason, I am hungry every 2 hours now, but Water is even slow going down.

Astrasmom---CONGRATS on reaching Onederland! You go, girl!!!!!!

Lots of luck to my fellow October bandster bunch!

I had my band placed on Oct 1, 2009. As of today, I've lost 48 lbs. It's coming off slowly but steadily - my dr is happy with my progress. I still have about another 50 lbs to go. I'm hoping to lose another 15 or so by Oct 1. Good luck everyone - everyone is doing fantastic!

Marci

Marci, you`re doing well too. Good for you to join us. 15lbs by Oct 1st should be achievable. I`m rooting for you.

Well I finally hit ONEDERLAND today. After 23 years I am FINALLY out of the 200's. It's an amazing feeling. I have 12lbs to go before my doctors goal. I think I want to go another 10 to 15 for my secret goal. And only 9 months into the surgery. I am totally amazed at how great I feel.

Onederland, WOW! you`re such an inspiration. Well done. We are all doing the Happy dance with you. I bet you`re going to go over the October goal you set for yourself. Congrats, hun.

How is it possible that I missed this thread?!? I was banded on October 21, 9 months ago yesterday and while my ticker says I'm 10 lbs to goal (which would be 150 lbs), I would love to be 140-145. So I'll split the difference I suppose. I'm going for 15 more (145)!

Did some serious workout yesterday with weights. Thank God for my sister keeping me motivated, sometimes that's how I get through it. I just had my 5th fill last week, so I now have 5.8 ccs in my 10 cc band, but for some reason, I am hungry every 2 hours now, but Water is even slow going down.

Astrasmom---CONGRATS on reaching Onederland! You go, girl!!!!!!

Lots of luck to my fellow October bandster bunch!

Welcome to the thread, Juliansmom. Great achievement so far. Congrats. 15lbs should be achievable.

LeighaMason, well done for completing the first week. I`m definitely going to register for the cross training programme because I know it will help me. With regards to the wine, how much do you drink a week. Will stopping not mean depriving yourself? snice this brings on it`s own issues. Will the 130 without be forever without? since going back to it when you`ve reached your goal might bring on something else. Should moderation be the way forward? Who knows? let`s know how you decide to proceed since I`m learning a great deal from all of you.

With the fill, I get anxious when I can eat anything without getting stuck but I guess that is the right way to go.

I pretty much have a glass of wine every night, and I also have a frozen custard from Andy's every Sunday evening. Those are the only 2 deviations from my planned eating. I log my wine at 193 calories and the frozen custard is not a published number but it has to be at least 500 calories. So that is 1850 calories a week I could cut, but I am so stubborn that I don't want to. So I am going to do my 9 week cross training program and see if that gets me anywhere, if not I am going to have to decide if I am going to give this up long enough to lose the 8 or just accept 138 as good enough. Well see... I am not ready to raise the white flag yet!