Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

Astrasmom hun, I didn`t know about your situation. Oh dear, but at least your medical team is aware of what`s happening and ,working on it. You will remain in my prayers and thoughts and I continuously send the warmest hugs ever, your way. I trust you will be restored pretty soon. Speedy recovery, Girl.

Sweetheart, is there anyone who could update us on your progress? God`s Grace be with you and guard you. Hope to read from you soon.

Thanks so much. I will post updates now and then when I can. I have my laptop at the hospital. You can only watch so much TV and it gets very boring after awhile.

Here's the news so far. My valve is leaking a very large amount. I am however stable. They are watching me very closely. My surgeon is out until Monday. He is the one that did my surgery last time so he knows my case and I really want him to do it again. You ask why would you wait if you are bleeding so much? Reason is because with every surgery the risk becomes more and more. This is a very risky surgery anyway. Could take 6-10 or more even hours to complete. So I want the surgeon that I trust.

Here's the dilema. I have had 25 doctors in and out of my room. I have had test after test after test done. They are trying to determine if I have a bacterial infection that caused my valve to colapse. So far it's not pointing that way because I have no symptoms of being sick. Meanwhile I had a TEE (ultrasound down the throat) today. It revealed that I have some type of growth on my valve and aren't sure if it's a blood clot or if it's a crustation from bacteria. SOOOOO..I am told that I need a heart catheterization before my surgery. They need to determine if I have any other blockages also so they can fix when they are in there. And no good heart surgeon will do open heart without this catheterization. My surgeon remember is away until Monday. Ok so if the do the cath they may dislodge this entity on my valve (which could be a blood clot), which could travel to my brain and I could have a major stroke. Which of course comes with brain damage. If the DON'T do the cath and let the blockages go if I had some and just fixed my valve, I could have a massive heart attack on the table.

So tomorrow they are doing a CTscan and have decided to wait until Monday when my surgeon is here for the catheterization. Needless to say I am in the hospital now for at least 2 weeks maybe longer. I am stable but I am exhausted from the stress and from all of the tests they are doing on me. And naturally very scared. But I have been through it once I can do it again. I have to put on the strong face for my family.

Not to mention that hospital food doesn't cater to the lapband patients so it's been hard. I pick what I can eat. It's not to bad. However for the last 2 days I think I have eaten about 2 meals because with the tests you can't eat or drink so I have to stop eating at midnight and can't eat until dinner time the next day. So I have probably lost the remaining 8lbs I needed to lose. :thumbup: One hell of a way to lose it...geesh.

Anyway thanks for your prayers. I sure could use them. As I said I will update when I can.

Astra's-- Your right that is the most extreme diet I have ever seen to lose the last 8! I hate that you feel so bad, my good friend had a heart transplant 10 years ago and when he isn't doing well it really drains him.

I don't know enough about your situation to give any advice but I wish you the wisdom to make the right choices.

Astrasmom, my heart goes out to you. How stressful this must be for you. The anxieties alone? I trust you will get through this better that your first op since you`ve moved 111lbs and possibly 119lbs off your frame. The lengths one will go to reach their goal, eh? This is what I call extreme weight loss. More hugs and request for God`s Grace coming your way. Please keep us updated.

LeighaMason, I can see from your ticker that you`ve lost another lb. Hoorah, only 3lbs to your goal. Congrats!

My lapband was done on Oct 29th, 09 by Dr. Reich at Southern Ocean County Hospital as of today I've lost a total of 136 lbs. It was the best thing I've ever done!!!!! I feel great!:biggrin:

Yea I lost another pound, the funny thing is when I told my husband that I would quit losing because I was in a size 4, I dropped 2 pounds in 10 days so yesterday I went to Dallas and had .2 of fill removed from my band, so I can eat more. But I cant make myself change my ticker goal, it feels like cheating because I said my goal was 130 and it would be unfair to change it to something else. I know that is a silly way to think but I cant help it. I am not trying to lose the extra 3, just trying to become stronger and have more endurance.

I also got fitted at a real running store for a new pair of running shoes. They said that because of my high arches and the fact that I rolled my feet inward I needed special shoes. The were not any more expensive, as a matter of fact they were $20 less than the last pair I had, I am hoping they help keep my feet from hurting.

My LAP-BAND® was done on Oct 29th, 09 by Dr. Reich at Southern Ocean County Hospital as of today I've lost a total of 136 lbs. It was the best thing I've ever done!!!!! I feel great!:biggrin:

WOW! dodgedt, welcome to the thread. Amazing weight loss. You`re an inspiration. Congrats. How much more to reach your goal?

Yea I lost another pound, the funny thing is when I told my husband that I would quit losing because I was in a size 4, I dropped 2 pounds in 10 days so yesterday I went to Dallas and had .2 of fill removed from my band, so I can eat more. But I cant make myself change my ticker goal, it feels like cheating because I said my goal was 130 and it would be unfair to change it to something else. I know that is a silly way to think but I cant help it. I am not trying to lose the extra 3, just trying to become stronger and have more endurance.

I also got fitted at a real running store for a new pair of running shoes. They said that because of my high arches and the fact that I rolled my feet inward I needed special shoes. The were not any more expensive, as a matter of fact they were $20 less than the last pair I had, I am hoping they help keep my feet from hurting.

I don`t even know what to say to you. Well, GOAL it is then! Wonderful achievement. Great work done, Girl. You must be proud of yourself because I`m doing the Happy Dance for you. Congrats and enjoy your size4s. Positively jealous, hun. You keep me going.

Hope you`re all doing well. I`m alright. Exercise and eating going well. Actually, the eating side of things going too well. It`s got to a point that I feel like going for a fill but I`m going to refrain from that for about a month since sometimes I get too tight for my liking. I`ve had to restrain myself since last Tuesday though so it`s been a week since I could eat to the max if I let myself. Not looking forward to Friday.

Astrasmom, how is it going? Your surgeon`s supposed to be in today. Is s/he operating today? Let us know how it goes.

Renee, how`re you doing? Long time, no hear/read!

Hi everyone hope all is doing well!

Astrasmom, I'm so sorry about your sickness, will be praying for you and your family.

Well I went shopping Saturday and i've been in a 14 pants for a short time. I had to buy 12's and even one pair of 10's in stretch 3/4 length pant. Whooo hoooo!!!!!!!! I've officially lost 100lbs. I'am so proud of myself and A BIG THANK YOU TO MY SURGEONS AND DOCTORS THAT HAS BEEN THERE THRU ALL OF THIS. Just Thank You and to all my Lapband Talk Friends it's took all of them to help me be successful. It has been Life Changing. The Very Best Thing I've Ever Done For Me.

Leigha -- you look fantastic! And a size 4 -- wow! :)

October 23 will be my second bandiversary! What a great ride it's been! My goals for this bandiversary are to beat my time for last year's Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (a 5K). I'd like to be into the 140s, but my body just doesn't seem to want to lose any more weight! Still, I feel fantastic, hit my initial goal, and am in the best shape of my life. I wore a bikini all summer at the beach and felt fantastic! Who knew at the start of this process that I'd ever get there?! :(

Nice to be on this thread with my fellow October bandsters!

Catherine

Thank you everyone. Things are going well. I will probably be having open heart surgery on Wednesday. I'm stable at the moment. I had heart catheterization today and there are no blockages. Just my aortic valve is leaking. I'm trying to stay strong.

Now I have to say I have an awesome lapband doctor. I was having problems the last 2 days with my band being too tight. I was freaking out because I'm in a heart and lung center. These doctors know nothing about the lapband. And I am about an hour away from where my lapband doctor is. So anyway since my lapband doctor is not affliated with this hospital I thought they were going to have to call another lapband doctor in. Well my doctor actually drove out here and removed ALL the Fluid from my band. He said he wanted me to be safe during open heart surgey and after he would put the fluid back in for me. I thought that was so awesome.

Anyway since I have been in the hospital I have lost 8 more pounds and I am now 2 lbs from goal. Of course I am hoping that I will not gain TOO much back beinging totally unfilled. I am watching my protion size. And my husband brought me my Protein supplements to the hospital.

Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. I will get over this bump and come out with flying colors.

Astrasmom-- I am so glad to hear from you, I was thinking about you this morning. We are all pulling for you!

Catherine-- I remember first seeing your pics when I signed up on this site, I used you for inspiration! Thanks for the complement!

Cindy-- 100! Wow! Now that is doing something!

KCG-- I hope the hungry monster backs off soon. Sometimes I have found that I am just hungry for a while and then it goes away.

Dodge-- 136!?! In 10 months, that has to be a record.

Hi All, just touching base.

Cindylou, 100lbs loss? WOW! must be feeling great, girl. congrats and all these shopping sprees must be exhausting. LOL.

Catherine, welcome to the thread, hun and good luck with your preparation towards the race. Your signatory picture looks amazing, quite pretty and Girl, if I looked like that, I would also live in bikini all summer. Good luck with your maintenance towards your 2nd bandiversary. You look fab.

Astrasmom, I`m glad that you`re stable. Good luck with the op. on Wednesday. Thank God that your bariatric surgeon drove all that way to remove the fill for you. An amazing Dr. s/he is. I`m sure we can`t all wait to hear from you after the op. Big and warm hugs coming your way.

LeighaMason, the eating issue has been a big one but I`m keeping it under control. Well, I`ll see how that gets me on Friday. Hope you`re all doing well.

Hope you`re all doing well. I`m not feeling very good at the moment, possibly because of the bad weather. It`s been pouring with rain for days now.

Astrasmom, how did the op go yesterday? Wishing you speedy recovery.

Hi All, I had my fortnightly weigh this morning and lost 4lbs. I guess I should be happy about it but I`m not jubilating yet since I feel that my illness had something to do with the loss. I will see what the next two weeks will bring. Hope you`re all doing great!