Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Well I am teetering on that line of not losing weight. My doctor said at this point it's all a matter of excercise taking the rest off. So I have increased my exercise. I have 15lbs to go before I am out of the obese category. My nutritionist told me today that I have already lost 64% of my body weight. They expect you to lose 50% in the first year. So I am way over schedule. Doc gave me a tiny fill today to try and get me moving again. I'm not discouraged though. I know that when you are so close to your goal, things slow way down and it seems like FOREVER before you get those pounds off. I will get there.

I have ALREADY reached many of my short term goals that I set for myself in this year. I am proud of myself. And even though I would love to lose those last 15lbs before my bandiversary, I know that if I don't, I have already passed my expectations of what I thought I would lose in the first year anyway.

Many people ask me what my secret is. I tell them determination. I measure everything and I follow my doctors plan. I also keep a daily food journal.

Anyway good luck to everyone. I hope that you are all doing well.

Kcg-- 14 miles! Wow that is more than a half marathon! Good job. I have also been whining about the scale not moving but I went shopping for clothes yesterday and I had a Epiphany. (The following is a repost from another thread, sorry if it is redundant.)

"Today I went and bought some new clothes. They were all 6's or 8's. I started thinking, in 2000 I lost down to 139 by using diet pills and Adkins but I wore a size 10. Now I have been exercising and eating properly and I weigh 138 and I am much thinner.

So:

139 pounds + diet pills + no exercise = size 10

138 pounds + band diet + exercise = size 6 or 8

So if you are doubting exercise, remember there are benefits even if the scale is not moving." :tongue2:

WTG on the 1 hour pity party. My MIL says when you feel bad about something give yourself permission to have a short pity party and then get back to work. I think its wonderful advice.

I did my exercise yesterday and put it on my blog if anyone wants to read it, one repost per posting is enough! :unsure:

Cindy-- I bet the mixed classes really help, your body doesn't get a chance to get use to anything. Congrats on the 4 lbs.

Renee-- When you were logging your food, was it on a web site or on paper?

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks for the compliment hun, I called the session my pleasurable pain after a bit of a sulk. I`m now more concerned / upset when / if I`m not able to exercise than the scales staying the same or going back.

Shopping is also a good therapy. Isn`t it? and size 6-8? Wow, girl! and I bet you look great in them as well. Keep up the good work.

Hey Kcg,

My fill went well, thanks for asking. Being on fluids for two days then mushies for another two is hell. LOL I was starving! Anyway, better days over the weekend and today. I hope this gives me restriction also! I am still feeling hungry after having a Breakfast and a morning snack and lunch is an hour away… we’ll see how this fill goes.

I am not sure about where the band is placed. How would one know? An x-ray? When I went to my doctors for the fill, both the nurse and the doc said I was losing weight as I should for the amount of fills I have had (not many and not much). So hearing that gave me some relief. I did lose one more pound in 2 months.

I look forward to seeing your intake. Mine is going to be quite different from the one I posted. Because like you said, I am going to cut off processed foods like you said and see how I do. I also found this great gelato for a snack that is only 30 calories, no fat, and 5 grams of sugar per 4 oz. serving.

When I previously logged my intake I was within my calorie range (1200) or below. I did consider cutting back and have on the ice cream and such. What you said about sacrifices is so true… I need to do this NOW for myself, because it’ll pay off in the long run. I appreciate your post very much. Your post and my nurse and doc all have provided me support and motivation, so thank you!

Oh and what I drink besides the AM coffee is Water and crystal light all day long. Usually 6-8 oz. of crystal light and Water (no sugar; no cal). I don’t drink any sugary or carbonated drinks. I also don’t drink alcohol all that much; very rare occasions. I have some “light juice” on occasion too.

I don’t go to the gym because of the cost and it is not comfortable for me. Not really a motivator either. I know it is a motivator for some people... I walk, jog, kayak and also do aerobic exercises on the Wii Fit (which is super fun!)

I definitely will redo it as a challenge. Absolutely. We all didn’t go through this for it to be a breeze, now did we? Nope! Thanks again for everything.

Good luck to you also. Sounds like you are doing a superb job! :unsure:

All the best,

Renee

Renee hun, it was good to read your post. The challenge begins now, right? Loosing a lb in two months is better than gaining it but it will be great to quadriple that this month. It`s achievable, girl. You just need to vary the intake and the exercise.

You`re keeping the Fluid intake going. That`s pretty good. Hun, I like your exercise routines, keep it going. My hope is that the recent fill takes you to your sweet spot so that you don`t get hungry as often as you do.

In regards of my intake, below is my yesterday`s total intake:

Breakfast - Oat porridge with skimmed milk and splenda.

lunch - 2 Oatcakes with humous, pate & olives.< /p>

dinner - Grilled Tilapia & prawn with salsa (tomato, peppers & onions).

Snacks - 6 cashew nuts & Onken wholegrain strawberry yoghurt.

Drink - 1 cup of Decaf coffee with skimmed milk, 500ml of home extracted pinneaple juice with ginger and 3ltrs of still water.

Exercise - Circuit training facilitated by a fabulous rugby player. It nearly killed me but I felt great afterwards.

Looking forward to reading your posts and progress, hun.

Kcg- 14 Miles wow! I bet that pitty party was over by the end of that walk. It always has a way of making us feel better. How long did it take for u to walk 14 miles. Keep up the good workouts!

Leighamason- ur rite excercise does pay off big time. I bet that was such a good feeling to be in a size 6-8. Im in a size 14 now but Iam hoping for a size 10-12 in the long run am tall and have big structure so I will never see a size 6. Everyone tells me how skinny Iam now but I dont see it.

Wisteria75- Just keep tweaking ur food and excercise and u will find what works for u. Plus the fills will help u get their. good luck and were here to support you. You can do it.

Ok, I went shopping sat, I was so sore from thursday workout, but I shopped most of the day and night. Sunday the sorness was gone. Today I have Kickboxing at 5:30 so we will see if I can walk tomorrow. JK... LOL Looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone!! Later

How did the kickboxing go? Love kickboxing but I`ve not done it for about 2yrs now, Shame. shopping most of the day and night would have taken a lot out of you as well.

It took me 3hrs and 8 minutes to complete the 14 mile course. There was a lot of encouragement though to jog and brisk-walk the distance. The feeling afterwards was just great!

I went for an 8 mile jog, brisk walk and arm weight training the following day. I then took a break and did some circuit training yesterday. I`ve already done my jog and run this morning so the exercise routine is going great. Keep up the good work, hun.

LorraineM, welcome to the thread, hun. Good work done so far, congrats. 40lbs by October will be a challenge and a half but I`ve set myself a huge challenge as well. We will get there (reach our goal) even if not by October!

Cindy, how did the boot camp go? You doing pretty good with your exercise routine, hun. Quite inspirational.

Astrasmom, I feel that we`ve all got to that point when we need to push ourselves really hard, exercise-wise to reach our goals but you`ve done wonderfully so far. Congrats on the news from your nutritionist. By upping your exercise, I`ll not be surprised if you manage to loose the 15lbs by October.

I`m keeping my exercise routine pretty hectic at the moment so hopefully that will unsettle my body and make the scales move the right way. Good luck to us all.

I know y'all are all going to be shocked but I stopped my nightly glass of wine about a week ago and I have lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days. It took 21 and 25 days to lose the last 2 pounds and now 2 pounds in 3 days.

I found that my desire for a glass of wine was really a desire for a flavored drink. I usually drink a cup of black coffee in the morning and then just Water all day. When I stopped drinking wine I found myself wandering around the kitchen so I substituted a half bottle of G2 Gatorade (25 calories) and I was satisfied with that, so I really wasn't craving alcohol just a flavored drink.

I start week 4 of my cross training tomorrow morning and that is going well so now I have hope again that the last 6 could be gone by my bandiversary.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I know y'all are all going to be shocked but I stopped my nightly glass of wine about a week ago and I have lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days. It took 21 and 25 days to lose the last 2 pounds and now 2 pounds in 3 days.

I found that my desire for a glass of wine was really a desire for a flavored drink. I usually drink a cup of black coffee in the morning and then just Water all day. When I stopped drinking wine I found myself wandering around the kitchen so I substituted a half bottle of G2 Gatorade (25 calories) and I was satisfied with that, so I really wasn't craving alcohol just a flavored drink.

I start week 4 of my cross training tomorrow morning and that is going well so now I have hope again that the last 6 could be gone by my bandiversary.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Good going, LeighaMason. 2lbs in 3 days is great. You`re really going to reach your goal by October. I`m watching this space.

I am so glad to have found this thread!

I was banded on Oct 20th too!

so far I'm down 91lbs (including pre-op diet weight loss)

I still have 70lbs to go.. ugh!

I need accountability because the past two months I've stalled.

reading all the posts...

Keep it up y'all!!

I am so glad to have found this thread!

I was banded on Oct 20th too!

so far I'm down 91lbs (including pre-op diet weight loss)

I still have 70lbs to go.. ugh!

I need accountability because the past two months I've stalled.

reading all the posts...

Keep it up y'all!!

Dana, welcome to the thread, hun. You`re my op-twin. 91lbs loss is wonderful. Great work. Congrats for the weight loss so far. Stalls are frustrating. Are you at your sweet spot yet? If so, then you will need to up your exercise to break the stall. Keep up the good work.

Feeling miserable this morning. The stall has set in. Never mind, the battle goes on. I`m supposed to be circuit training today. Wishing you all good day and keep up the good work.

I posted this morning about my massive weight gain within a day. I`ve had to delete it because just found out that my scales had gone. Yeh, Wow, faulty scales, phew!. Sigh of relief. Still at a stall though but what`s new?

Still keeping exercise routine going. Resting today though.

My drastic eating plan? I`ve already started so I`m going to keep it going for about a week or two to give the pouch a break. I`m drinking a lot of liquid to flash out, 4ltrs so far today. I`ve had two coffees though instead of the one I usually have and I`ve had a highly calorific (143) chocolate drink. Quite sustainable though. I`ve also had oats porridge and will have another meal tonight before going to bed. Apart from that I`ve been on still Water.

Edited by kcg

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I am quickly reaching my weighloss goal before my Bandiversary. I have 10lbs to go for my doctors goal. :) Which is what I would like to reach before October 23. I had another fill last week. The doctor put back in the small amount that he took out the last fill. Seems to be doing well this time around. I don't think that I will be needing another fill for awhile. I've had 6 already.

I've been trying to increase my exercise. Doc said that most of the weightloss now will rely on my exercise levels. So if I want to reach that goal before October I need to step it up a bit. Althought I can not job I can power walk so thats what I did on the boardwalk last night. I power walked 5 miles.

Anyway I hope everyone else is doing well. I wish you all the best with your goals.

Astrasmom, 5 miles of brisk-walking is great. Keep it up. As I said in an earlier post I feel that we are all at a level that we need to up our exercise routines to get to our goals. You`ve done so well so far so I`ll be justified in saying that 10lbs in over two months should be achievable for you.

I did not exercise yesterday and today because I needed to give my body a rest. I was naughtie last night because I forgot to eat before going to bed and I`ve been tired all day today. It`s a hike tomorrow morning for me.

I`ll update all our achievements on Friday so please post your achievements (losses, gains, stalls, exercise achievements, diet achievements etc). I`ll compile them so that we can give each other the necessary support and / or praise. Hope you`re all doing well.

Beginning of day 3 of my drastic calorie controlled diet. I`m doing fine and feeling good within myself, actually. I`v been able to drink a cup of Decaf coffee with skimmed milk and 250ml of still Water already this morning. Usually I struggle to drink so early in the day. The discomfort I feel most nights have also vanished. I know I can`t keep following it long term but it seems to be giving the pouch a break so I`m going to keep it going for a while.

KCG--How many calories are on this diet your on?

Astrasmom-- Yay for only 10 pounds! I think your Dr is right, about the exercise. I personally think that is why the band statistics are like they are, the band helps with about half and exercise does the rest.

Txcloverangel-- My twin! 91 pounds is great!

Major NSV yesterday. I technically have 5 pounds to go but when I had the surgery in my mind I thought:

If I can get to and stay a size 10 I will be satisfied, if I can be a size 8 I would be happy, if I could get to a size 6 I would be thrilled. I thought a size 6 would be best case scenario. Yesterday I bought 2 pair of size 4 Levi's. I cant believe it. I have not worn a size 4 since I was 19 or maybe 20. (I will be 41 next month)

I was scared to try on the size 6's because I knew I would be disappointed if they didn't fit, then they were too big! Unbelievable. I am going to get my husband to take a picture of me later today wearing them and post it. :thumbup:

No matter what you do, do not underestimate the power of exercise. During the last 10 years I have lost down to this weight with diet pills and Adkins but I was never even close to this size.