Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

I pretty much have a glass of wine every night, and I also have a frozen custard from Andy's every Sunday evening. Those are the only 2 deviations from my planned eating. I log my wine at 193 calories and the frozen custard is not a published number but it has to be at least 500 calories. So that is 1850 calories a week I could cut, but I am so stubborn that I don't want to. So I am going to do my 9 week cross training program and see if that gets me anywhere, if not I am going to have to decide if I am going to give this up long enough to lose the 8 or just accept 138 as good enough. Well see... I am not ready to raise the white flag yet!

Way to go, Girl. You`re doing so much already. Thanks for the feedback. I do have the ocassional glass of wine (about once every two months or so) so that does not count! LOL but I have indulged in one or two puddings during this journey. Actually, sometimes that is all that I can keep down. Moreover, I believe in moderation since it was the deprivation approach ( YO-YO dieting) that got me into this predicament to start with.

Onederland, WOW! you`re such an inspiration. Well done. We are all doing the Happy dance with you. I bet you`re going to go over the October goal you set for yourself. Congrats, hun.

Thank you so much. I wish everyone as much success as I've had. My goal is to be an inspiration that will help others to know that it can be done. But you need to work hard.

Congrats to all of you on jobs well done. I visit the site at least every other day to give me inspiration and motivation to continue on the journey. I want to lose 12 more pounds by my bandaverisary of 10/07. And utimatley I want to see if I can get to 126lbs however I really feel sexy right where I am at and just want to lose a little more so that the clothes fit a little better in some places. Good Luck to everyone!:biggrin:

Congrats to all of you on jobs well done. I visit the site at least every other day to give me inspiration and motivation to continue on the journey. I want to lose 12 more pounds by my bandaverisary of 10/07. And utimatley I want to see if I can get to 126lbs however I really feel sexy right where I am at and just want to lose a little more so that the clothes fit a little better in some places. Good Luck to everyone!:)

See that's the word, "SEXY" which means if nothing else the weightloss from the band gave you self esteem to make yourself feel sexy. I too feel sexy and it's a wonderful feeling. Congrats on your weightloss. Keep up the awesome work.

Weighed myself this morning and had lost 2lbs. I don`t know how I managed that since I thought I was going to stall. My eating has not been up to scratch for the past 4 days. I don`t seem to be keeping down much. I feel that I`m going to get the effect from next week since I always stall when I can`t eat properly.

I went for another of my long country brisk-walk and jog this morning. I managed to do the 10 mile one, so I`m pretty proud of myself but my feet are very tired!

I did not go for the fill today and will not do so for about a month to see how it goes. I`m actually considering a de-fill.

Keep up the good work, everyone and welcome to the thread mom2girls. Feeling sexy is great and 12lbs. by October is achievevable. Good luck.

Weighed myself this morning and had lost 2lbs. I don`t know how I managed that since I thought I was going to stall. My eating has not been up to scratch for the past 4 days. I don`t seem to be keeping down much. I feel that I`m going to get the effect from next week since I always stall when I can`t eat properly.

I went for another of my long country brisk-walk and jog this morning. I managed to do the 10 mile one, so I`m pretty proud of myself but my feet are very tired!

I did not go for the fill today and will not do so for about a month to see how it goes. I`m actually considering a de-fill.

Keep up the good work, everyone and welcome to the thread mom2girls. Feeling sexy is great and 12lbs. by October is achievevable. Good luck.

Keep an eye on yourself. I had to have a small unfill 4 weeks ago. Its not good if you aren't getting your nutrients down. It's also not good bringing the food back up again. If you haven't had an unfill yet, don't worry it's not that bad. I thought that I was going to gain pounds back. I feared getting an unfill, but I couldn't deal with the discomfort anymore. I finally broke down and MAN did I feel much better. Suprisingly I didn't gain anything back and I'm still at perfect restriction. I think I will stay at this restriction for awhile now.

So I hope you feel better soon. Go get that tiny unfill if you can't keep things done. It will do you wonders.

Keep an eye on yourself. I had to have a small unfill 4 weeks ago. Its not good if you aren't getting your nutrients down. It's also not good bringing the food back up again. If you haven't had an unfill yet, don't worry it's not that bad. I thought that I was going to gain pounds back. I feared getting an unfill, but I couldn't deal with the discomfort anymore. I finally broke down and MAN did I feel much better. Suprisingly I didn't gain anything back and I'm still at perfect restriction. I think I will stay at this restriction for awhile now.

So I hope you feel better soon. Go get that tiny unfill if you can't keep things done. It will do you wonders.

Thanks, ever so much for the advice. I`m seriously considering that and will arrange to have unfill soon.

Hope you are all doing well over the weekend. Keep up the good work.

Today`s been a good day. I`ve decided to rest my feet so opting for rowing. I`ve been tempted by the scales today but I`m not disclosing anything until Friday. Hope all`s well with each one of us.

Even though I thought about not posting this....it is time for my weekly check in.

My first week I lost two punds (yay) and week two....drumroll...I GAINED two pounds!! It is my own fault...I was not feeling well all week with a cold type thing and waht do I do...reach for comfort foods. I did manage to ride my bike a couple of times for an hour each..but that was it. Why do I sabotage myself like that?

I WILL do better this week.

Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Good day today. brisk-walk and jog for 6 miles. All going well.

Even though I thought about not posting this....it is time for my weekly check in.

My first week I lost two punds (yay) and week two....drumroll...I GAINED two pounds!! It is my own fault...I was not feeling well all week with a cold type thing and waht do I do...reach for comfort foods. I did manage to ride my bike a couple of times for an hour each..but that was it. Why do I sabotage myself like that?

I WILL do better this week.

Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Okiegirl79, I guess I was posting the same time you were. Sorry to hear that you`ve not been feeling well. I hope you`ve fully recovered now. Don`t assume a defeatist position, girl. Of course you`re going to do better this week. I`m rooting for you. Good luck.

hiya can't believe its so close to a year, I have done well but the last two months have been very hard to lose anything! I work out 3 to 5 days a week but I need to kick it up more at this point to get the scale to move. Still love the band!

I was banded 10/06 and have lost 45 lbs as of today. Too slow and a disappointment. Have started exercising so hopefully that will help. I lose very slowly and b/c of that I get frustrated and then cheat. Vicious cycle.

Hello,

I was banded on 10/16/09. I've only lost 24 lbs. So I know what you're saying. It's so tough and I myself am feeling very frustrated. I have lost EXTREMELY slowly and because of that I cheat as well too. I've exercised for weeks as well as eating the right foods, but still nothing. This is what happened to me before the band, which is why I wanted the band... for help. Now I feel lost, like this isn't working for me either. The initial 20 lbs. was lost post-surgery. Ugh.

Glad everyone else is doing well though.

Best,

Renee

Hello,

I was banded on 10/16/09. I've only lost 24 lbs. So I know what you're saying. It's so tough and I myself am feeling very frustrated. I have lost EXTREMELY slowly and because of that I cheat as well too. I've exercised for weeks as well as eating the right foods, but still nothing. This is what happened to me before the band, which is why I wanted the band... for help. Now I feel lost, like this isn't working for me either. The initial 20 lbs. was lost post-surgery. Ugh.

Glad everyone else is doing well though.

Best,

Renee

Hi Renee, is there anything we can do to help? Have you got restriction? Have you got a 10cc band? I`m reading that your bariatric team are quite conservative with the fills or is it your choice? 24lbs in 9 months is pretty low and I understand why you get frustrated. Have you logged your intake before. Sometimes it helps when you write what you eat and drink down. I`m also sure that if you log what you are eating here or give us an idea of what you`re eating, then we may be able to offer support. Another important question is, is the band placed at the appropriate place? My hope is that you don`t give up. Good luck.

Danyett, welcome to the threat. Congrats on your achievement so far. Stalls are a pain, vary your diet and exercise a little and that will hopefully get you going again.

Hi Renee, is there anything we can do to help? Have you got restriction? Have you got a 10cc band? I`m reading that your bariatric team are quite conservative with the fills or is it your choice? 24lbs in 9 months is pretty low and I understand why you get frustrated. Have you logged your intake before. Sometimes it helps when you write what you eat and drink down. I`m also sure that if you log what you are eating here or give us an idea of what you`re eating, then we may be able to offer support. Another important question is, is the band placed at the appropriate place? My hope is that you don`t give up. Good luck.

Hello KCG,

I am hoping I can get some help! Any support is welcome!

I do have restriction. Sometimes when I get hungry and eat too fast, the food gets stuck which isn’t happening all that much anymore because I chew chew chew! Breads are hard to get down, so I try to avoid them. I have a 10cc Realize Band and have 6cc’s fill in that band. I am going to my surgeon today to get another fill because although I do have restriction, I do get hungry between meals.

My bariatric team is very conservative. But, because I have to pay for each visit (which is $25) I haven't been very aggressive with my fills; my husband and I have been struggling with money. So I go pretty much when I can.

I had logged my intake for months and then I stopped about a month ago because nothing was happening; no weight loss and I felt I was doing so much work with nothing to show for it. I can tell you what I eat though. I am a creature of habit so usually my diet is as follows:

Breakfast:

½ Caffeinated coffee and ½ Decaf with sugar free hazelnut coffee Mate

Quaker Oats Weight Control oatmeal OR GoLean Crunch with 1 cup of Lactaid Fat Free Milk

Morning Snack:

Yoplait Delights chocolate strawberry Yogurt OR an orange and as of late possibly a donut but not every day or every week at that.

Lunch:

Mostly Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter with Ritz Wheat Crackers OR Lactaid Cottage cheese with Ritz Wheat Crackers; and as of late: Boars Head Ham and cheese on toasted Rye bread.< /span>

Afternoon Snack:

Usually nothing or just an orange (if I don’t eat it earlier)

Dinner:

Usually 2 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated in my own teriyaki sauce or BBQ rub with a side of salad or a sweet baked potato.

After dinner snack:

One serving of light ice cream OR Mixed berry Gelato (30 cal. 0 fat, 6 sugar per serving) and whipped cream

And for your other question, how would I know if the band is not in the proper place? I mean I feel restriction, so I guess it is? I certainly hope it is, because surgery for me was hell.

I don’t want to give up… I also don’t want to deprive myself of foods I do like every now and again.

I would really like your help and support. Thank you so much and good luck to you as well.

Renee